:( I can't find the price, I'm in Canada so I assume that they aren't selling it on the Canadian or american amazons yet, and NCIX doesn't come up with any listing, even following all the links above. And on their website it only says that it is on sale at certain places in australia, so I guess I'd have to wait to see the price. This thing looks awesome. I'd definitely pick one up. Thanks! @nicklmg @LinusTech

Downloading programs from CNet is not a good idea, as they will commonly include unwanted, and sometimes dangerous bloatware... The more you know.

i think it it's a bit on the pricy side

Manners Maketh Man

SNIP

Saying something is "built to apples standards" or "built like a macbook" is just a way of explaining it layments terms

MANY people know what a macbook feels like, and have felt apples physical build quality, so comparing it a benchmark is perfectly acceptable

he did not say "this is a macbook specfication" you said apple are about the looks and build.. and that is what he was comparing, the industrial design, and fit and finish of the laptop, which reminded him of a macbook

Not sure I see an issue with that

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

They're basically selling rebranded Clevo, MSI, and maybe Gigabyte laptops. You can also buy these in the USA from botique Gaming Desktop & Laptop retailers. Just to name a few:

DigitalStorm

Falcon Northwest

XoticPC

AVADirect

Malibal

IBuyPower

CyberPowerPC

Stop calling good quality "MacBook" quality or "Apple" quality.

The manufacturing is not done by Apple themselves.

There are plenty other products on the same or higher quality level.

Apple products are more about look than quality/good product. (sacrificing more important stuff of phones for just a thinner look. lens on new iPhone).

Their tests of their phones didn't really represent use in practice.

I wouldn't call proprietary standards and closed off options "good quality".

If you look at notebooks (not necessarily Apple products in general) purely from a build quality standpoint, then Macbooks are (empirically) some of the most well-built notebooks on the market. He's not talking about user experience, OS, closed off options, any of that. They are simply held to a very high standard from a build quality standpoint.

As ShadowCaptain mentioned, it just makes for an easy comparison as Macbooks are so ubiquitous (in North America at least).

:( I can't find the price, I'm in Canada so I assume that they aren't selling it on the Canadian or american amazons yet, and NCIX doesn't come up with any listing, even following all the links above. And on their website it only says that it is on sale at certain places in australia, so I guess I'd have to wait to see the price. This thing looks awesome. I'd definitely pick one up. Thanks! @nicklmg @LinusTech

I don't think they have any Canadian distributors just yet. From what I could see, they have a global shipping option on the page I linked, but I'm not sure if that lists the price. Sorry!

Their website...

509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to bandwidth limit has been reached for this site. Please try again later.

I'm not trying to be negative, but the hardware is nothing exeptional for the price. Gigabyte, MSI etc already have laptops with M.2 SSD & HDD configuration. 
Also, i can't "see" the premium feel of this laptop. I don't know... I'm not impressed. 

Linus....i think your video broke there website... xD  

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

The links does not work for me, page not found and some others stuff like the amazon link gets me to some kind of spider... wth?

i7-10700K 5.1Ghz / RTX 4070 Ti / 32GB 3.6Ghz 
- M&M -

I think their site wasn't able to handle the fans of LinusTechTips. Their website just went down. hahaha

Great video btw! I like these kind of simple and direct reviews! Great job LMG!! 

Capture.png
credits to the owner of the photo

I would pick one up, if I had a better GPU in my rig, I could never own a laptop that was more powerful than my rig.

this i feel should shouldn't be a thing that can happen... what is the world coming too...i almost miss the days of GTX 480 being so fast compared to laptop graphics and its heat output high enough to cook a full grow Cow in about an hour. :P

Hi!  Please quote me in replies otherwise I may not see your response!

Lol this video caused their main site to exceed their site's bandwidth  :lol:

Watching this late :(

Thanks again @nicklmg :)

No prices found on amazon and NCIX

Then:

509 Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to bandwidth limit has been reached for this site. Please try again later.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

...yeah, I'm kinda guilty of being one of the people who went to venom's site shortly after the video was published, while it was still working, and contributed to chewing through their bandwidth cap. Sorry. ^^"

lol we crashed their site :D

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

lol just tried to get onto the venom site and just got a 509 bandwidth limit exceeded.

whats that saying about a company that cant even afford the bandwidth lol

Blame the fact we got shitwanks controlling the copper lines here in a manner where both user and server host alike have to pay through the nose for bandwidth for anything faster than 56K dial-up.

How many users then would it take to crash your government's websites? Do you think they might do something about your bandwith then? All hypothetical, of course.

Just gotta jump in here, I don't know if it was Venom first or this other company which I'm about to tell everyone about.

I just bought a new laptop myself recently and it's from Metabox, and it's the exact same laptop. I personally went for the one with the 1080p screen as I wanted to kick up the FPS a bit more.

It's the exact same laptop for $1939 (http://www.affordablelaptops.com.au/contents/en-us/d489_metabox-clevo-p650se-laptop-notebook.html). If you want the 3K resolution then it's only another $150. This doesn't include shipping though.

It's a re-branded Clevo brand laptop, so I'm sure this Venom is as well. Not sure why they jacked the prices up so much though.

Anyway, the point being is I'm glad Linus did a review on an Aussie product, and I'm glad I went with the option of buying this laptop last year in November for $2000. Considering how new the GTX 970M back then was. I also went with the SSD promo that they have going, and then bought a 1TB drive and added it in, as they don't care about small modification with their warranty.

Edit: Though I should add some comments.

Battery Life: Was able you play 2 full games of League of Legends on max settings, full brightness and have about 20% left. (Around 2hrs of game time)

Keyboard Layout: Was quite strange to start off with, guessing cause I don't use to many 15 inch laptops. But got use to it pretty quickly and starting to like it.

Screen: The viewing angles are awesome, love them. Colour reproduction is great as well.

Desktop Build
Spoiler
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k
CPU Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X
Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VI Hero
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz - 16GB
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 780 - 3GB, MSI GeForce GTX 780 - 3GB
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro - 128GB, Western Digital Blue - 1TB, Seagate Barracuda - 1TB, Seagate Barracuda - 3TB
PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 750W
Display(s): Dell Ultrasharp 27" (2560 x 1440)
Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2014
Mouse: Logitech G502
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Laptop
Spoiler
Current
CPU: Intel Core i7-4710HQ
RAM: 16GB
GPU: Nvidia GTX 970M
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB, Hitachi Travelstar 7K1000 - 1TB
Display(s): 15.6" IPS Display (1920 x 1080)
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Old - Given away
CPU: Intel Core i7 2630QM
RAM: 6GB
GPU: Nvidia GT 540M
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro - 128GB, Toshiba - 750GB
Display(s): 15.6" Display (1366 x 768)
Operating System: Windows 7

Other (Audio & Devices)
Spoiler
Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II
Headphones: Sennheiser Momentum - Over-Ear
Bluetooth Speaker: Logitech UE Boom, Logitech UE Boom 2
Tablet: iPad 4th Gen
Phone: LG G4

Phone Accessories:
3 Spare Batteries
1 Battery Pack (10000 mAh)
IEMs: Can't Remember....

Retired Devices:
Samsung S4 (Broke... Half Fixed, Given away)
NDS (Traded in)
iPod Touch 2nd Gen (Traded in)
iPod Touch 4th Gen (Damaged Power Connector)

I.. kinda like how it looks like. 

EDIT: Well actually I don't prefer having the num keypads on a laptop. Partly one of the reasons why I got the Gigabyte P34w v3  :blink:

Keep up the great work really enjoy your videos and you have lead me into better purchase products! Thank you you all at LinusTech!

How many users then would it take to crash your government's websites? Do you think they might do something about your bandwith then? All hypothetical, of course.

It ain't exactly the govo that's the problem (though they do contribute to it), it's the incumbent telecos like Hellstra (Telstra) & Opturds (Optus) that's the main problem.

"Upgrade (from) the copper so we can get better net for our jobs and lives!"

"Oh, but upgrading the phone networks is oh-so expensive and there's so few of you to justify it. Unless someone with a lot of money like the Government buys it out and replaces it, or it finally rots away, we'll do nothing more than basic maintenance since anything more is expensive."

"Fffffffuuuu..... You wanks own like 90% of the lines and aren't gonna do more than bare minimum shit to keep them working?!"

"Not unless you are willing to pay us out the nose to do so. And you most likely can't afford to do so anyway."

Is the basic boiled down scenario when it comes to phonelines and the internet here. The NBN is a pipe-dream that has been butchered so badly it's almost not worth it anymore since whilst the backbones will eventually be upgraded to Fiber, the "Last Mile" from the exchange nodes will still be Copper to "save costs", last I heard anything serious about the implementation.