My Build Help

winkawak

Hey a game like advanced warfare uses around 3.5vram, i wonder how can a gpu like 3gb 780ti able to run it.

Hey a game like advanced warfare uses around 3.5vram, i wonder how can a gpu like 3gb 780ti able to run it.

It might be filling 3.5 GB as a buffer for when it needs it, if you only had 3GB... it would fill the 3GB.

It might be filling 3.5 GB as a buffer for when it needs it, if you only had 3GB... it would fill the 3GB.

Its actually using around 3.5gb of vram in game for me, im guessing 780 ti performance is hindered?

Its actually using around 3.5gb of vram in game for me, im guessing 780 ti performance is hindered?

No.  It maxes available VRAM as a buffer.  So whatever you have it will use.  This is an estimated guess.  I have not looked into it.

No.  It maxes available VRAM as a buffer.  So whatever you have it will use.  This is an estimated guess.  I have not looked into it.

So me having .5gb more vram mean i can perform better than 780ti like in texture rendering..etc even though 780 ti can also run it?

So how much vram does advanced warfare use? when i had afterburner on it shows 3.5gb usage but you said its a buffer of maximum available vram.

So me having .5gb more vram mean i can perform better than 780ti like in texture rendering..etc even though 780 ti can also run it?

So how much vram does advanced warfare use? when i had afterburner on it shows 3.5gb usage but you said its a buffer of maximum available vram.

Possibly.

IDK.

It could be a buffer.  :)

Possibly.

IDK.

It could be a buffer.  :)

Funny story

I used to game on my sony laptop, it was not a gaming laptop or anything but i was able to run cod4 modern warfare at 800x600 lol on low setting. Despite the lack of detail and blurry gameplay, i was a beast in multiplayer lol But i had problem with low res, i couldnt see enemy across the map, the only time i would barely see it is when i see a dot movement lol

Good times, hard trouble finding the game again but found one last night and installing now. FInger Crossed

It worked, wow its such a amazing game even after so many years and graphic dont look outdated at all.

It worked, wow its such a amazing game even after so many years and graphic dont look outdated at all.

I actually played the SP all the way through.  It was good.

I actually played the SP all the way through.  It was good.

get on multiplayer lol we can play on crack servers

I can see myself starting a new game (online fps)... but my better sense won't let me do it.  I know what I am like and I don't want to lose months playing COD4. =D

@winkawak

I can see myself starting a new game (online fps)... but my better sense won't let me do it.  I know what I am like and I don't want to lose months playing COD4. =D

@winkawak

Well practices self control lol, everything requires self control and moderation.

Cod is the same lol

come, join me lol

Well practices self control lol, everything requires self control and moderation.

Cod is the same lol

come, join me lol

nope!  I won't do it.  :lol:  I have not played any COD online.  If it is worth playing, it will suck up too much time.  I am not willing to do that.

nope!  I won't do it.  :lol:  I have not played any COD online.  If it is worth playing, it will suck up too much time.  I am not willing to do that.

I dont get it, its just another game you can play on your freetime.

Unlike heroin or crack which you have to be on constantly lol

i noticed when i play cod4 online everything is maxed out and constant 95fps, the temp will be 60-65c. This is the borderline temp when the fan kicks in, so i have been observing and fan does kick on and off very frequently. WIll this wear my fan out?

i noticed when i play cod4 online everything is maxed out and constant 95fps, the temp will be 60-65c. This is the borderline temp when the fan kicks in, so i have been observing and fan does kick on and off very frequently. WIll this wear my fan out?

Nah, it can just be annoying... I believe you can control the "dead zone" for you fans so they do not go on and off so frequently.

Nah, it can just be annoying... I believe you can control the "dead zone" for you fans so they do not go on and off so frequently.

what do you mean by dead zone? can i use msi afterburner to set temp when fan kicks in?

what do you mean by dead zone? can i use msi afterburner to set temp when fan kicks in?

Yeah, kinda.  Linus just did a video on someone's guide to make ANY GTX 970 like the Strix.  You can manipulate all the settings.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/339874-how-to-enable-fanless-mode-in-gtx-900-series-video-cards/#entry4633694

You could also just try to manually set them for that one game... so they keep spinning, but at a low rpm.

Yeah, kinda.  Linus just did a video on someone's guide to make ANY GTX 970 like the Strix.  You can manipulate all the settings.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/339874-how-to-enable-fanless-mode-in-gtx-900-series-video-cards/#entry4633694

You could also just try to manually set them for that one game... so they keep spinning, but at a low rpm.

video tutorial is so much hassle with all the tools you have to download and adjust, how do i just manually set for one game?

video tutorial is so much hassle with all the tools you have to download and adjust, how do i just manually set for one game?

I do it in Catalyst Control Center.  I am not sure about Nvidia.

Try using Asus GPU Tweak to customize the fan curve.  Afterburner might mess with your silent mode.