My Build Help

winkawak

Hey guys i need help to choose if this build worth the green more than the asus rog gr8 http://www.asus.com/...te/rog/GR8_G20/remember it has a free asus rog gladius mouse and a mechanical keyboard so both of it maybe worth 150$ to say the least

intel core i5 4690k

cooler master hyper 212 evo

msi z97 sli krait

kingston fury white 1866 8gb

wd green 1tb

gigabyte gtx 960 g1

nzxt s340

evga supernovanex 650w 80+gold

this build is worth 1170.77 dollars plus shipping im from uae ,dubai so shipping is expensive the asus rog gr8 costs 975.65 is the performance worth it? help please

Hey guys i need help to choose if this build worth the green more than the asus rog gr8 http://www.asus.com/...te/rog/GR8_G20/remember it has a free asus rog gladius mouse and a mechanical keyboard so both of it maybe worth 150$ to say the least

intel core i5 4690k

cooler master hyper 212 evo

msi z97 sli krait

kingston fury white 1866 8gb

wd green 1tb

gigabyte gtx 960 g1

nzxt s340

evga supernovanex 650w 80+gold

this build is worth 1170.77 dollars plus shipping im from uae ,dubai so shipping is expensive the asus rog gr8 costs 975.65 is the performance worth it? help please

You should make your own thread to get more members to see it...

The build is fine, but I don't know about pricing in your country.  The GTX 960 is okay but if you can find a much cheaper R9 280 can go with that... or if you can find a R9 280X or R9 290 for the same price as the GTX 960, definitely go with that.

Do you have a store where you are selecting parts from?

Also, the ROG motherboard is not worth the money... it does not improve performance at all.

this is the second time someone posted about their build lol did i fooled  them with the thread title and long pages?

With all the horror games that came out recent years, evil within is one of the top ones that actually have a resident evil 4 feel to it. But its badly optimized, if i remove the 30fps cap to 60 it will be unstable and stutter and not to mention the big ass black bars .I also got alan wake, outlast and dying light waiting to be played next. I noticed alt of bad optimized pc games in these recent years.

What games are you playing stconquest?

Cities Skylines, LoL, and that is pretty much it.  I have some time in Dying Light, but I have not touched it in about a week... same with Tomb Raider and Minecraft.

Cities Skylines, LoL, and that is pretty much it.  I have some time in Dying Light, but I have not touched it in about a week... same with Tomb Raider and Minecraft.

lol what kind of gamer are you? you abandon aaa games like tomb raider to play skylines lol?

I wanted to get into sims but i find it slow and booring lol

lol what kind of gamer are you? you abandon aaa games like tomb raider to play skylines lol?

I wanted to get into sims but i find it slow and booring lol

Sims, Cities, Minecraft... these are great games to multitask with...

Watch videos/tv/movies and play :lol:

Sims, Cities, Minecraft... these are great games to multitask with...

Watch videos/tv/movies and play :lol:

So true. i do that sometimes with emulators lol

So true. i do that sometimes with emulators lol

I think I am kind of addicted to having my second monitor on.  :(

I think I am kind of addicted to having my second monitor on.  :(

You got me wanting to have a second monitor, i never actualy seen one or use one in person yet.

Does two monitor has to be the same model and brand?

You got me wanting to have a second monitor, i never actualy seen one or use one in person yet.

Does two monitor has to be the same model and brand?

No.

My case developed this light rattle on top of the case where the filters are. Once awhile i have i push on it or nudge it to make it stop.

My case developed this light rattle on top of the case where the filters are. Once awhile i have i push on it or nudge it to make it stop.

I actually got that on my current rig.  You can take the fans off and redo them.

For mine, I was lazy.  I just loosened the screws a bit.  ;)

I actually got that on my current rig. You can take the fans off and redo them.

For mine, I was lazy. I just loosened the screws a bit. ;)

Its the fan? doesnt sound like rattle from fan rather the plastic near it like the filters on top or something. The top fan is actually my case cpu fan that i moved to the top since my h60 came with back fan. Im thinking about removing top fan to reduce fan noise and rattle. But im not sure if its needed for better cooling or ill be okay without it during gaming. Now come to think of it I might needed since everytime when i game i can feel quite bit of heat coming out from the top fan.

• 2 weeks later...

If i backed up my current hard drive with programs like games and software on it to another hard drive, does it mean when my current hard drive fails i can just plug in my back up hard drive and no program re installation required?

If i backed up my current hard drive with programs like games and software on it to another hard drive, does it mean when my current hard drive fails i can just plug in my back up hard drive and no program re installation required?

If you clone the drive, yes.  You would have two identical drives.

If you clone the drive, yes.  You would have two identical drives.

how do i clone my mechanical drive? is that same as backing it up?

Windows has an imaging program, or you can use a 3rd party program like Clonezilla.  You don't have to "backup" the drive as much as you just make an image of the drive and store it somewhere.  It should take up a lot less space.

Windows has an imaging program, or you can use a 3rd party program like Clonezilla.  You don't have to "backup" the drive as much as you just make an image of the drive and store it somewhere.  It should take up a lot less space.

ok, im just making sure the clone hard drive will work and have all the files like the old hard drive just by plugging it in in case old one fails.

i was reading this article and it states most mechanical hard drive fail rate starts to increase after 1 year and most life span is 3-5years. makes me wonder and worry, ill get another wd blue to back up my current one.

ok, im just making sure the clone hard drive will work and have all the files like the old hard drive just by plugging it in in case old one fails.

i was reading this article and it states most mechanical hard drive fail rate starts to increase after 1 year and most life span is 3-5years. makes me wonder and worry, ill get another wd blue to back up my current one.

The article you read either was not talking about desktop drive usage or was very pessimistic. In my experience hdd in most desktop systems tend to last well past 5 years. In fact many last 8 - 10 years.

Cloning a drive would allow for swapping in the replacement drive as needed. However, the system would revert to when the clone image was made. Unless you frequently refreshed the clone image, say at least weekly, there would still be a need to bring the image up to date.

It would be better, in my opinion, to install good backup software and have it automatically backup the drive on a daily basis. Take a look at products like Acronis True Image. It can create an maintain a full image backup with relatively painless restoration.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

The article you read either was not talking about desktop drive usage or was very pessimistic. In my experience hdd in most desktop systems tend to last well past 5 years. In fact many last 8 - 10 years.

Coning a drive would allow for swapping in the replacement drive as needed. However, the system would revert the system to when the clone image was made. Unless you frequently refreshed the clone image, say at least weekly, there would still be a need to bring the image up to date.

It would be better, in my opinion, to install good backup software and have it automatically backup the drive on a daily basis. Take a look at products like Acronis True Image. It can create an maintain a full image backup with relatively painless restoration.

thanks amigo

Fair warning:  Acronis True Image is not free, you do have to pay for it.  Clonezilla clones a drive in roughly 10 minutes.  So spending 10 minutes a week backing up your drive is not a big deal. 

Fair warning:  Acronis True Image is not free, you do have to pay for it.  Clonezilla clones a drive in roughly 10 minutes.  So spending 10 minutes a week backing up your drive is not a big deal. 

ill use clonezilla lol

its reliable and easy right?

ill use clonezilla lol

its reliable and easy right?

Reliable yes.

Easy for me, can be for you too...lol...

It is hard to use until it is not hard to use... just a tiny learning curve.  When you do it once or twice successfully, you realize how simple it is.

Let me find you the video I watched first.

You can boot Clonezilla from a disc or from a USB drive.  I use a disk because I have so many blanks.