My Build Help

winkawak

Yeah, but it is not a price to performance GPU... it is the single best GPU on the market right now. For those without budgets =).

i rather spend 1k$ on 2 gtx 980 than 1 single titan x.

i rather spend 1k$ on 2 gtx 980 than 1 single titan x.

Yup.

You did hear DirectX 12 will use a single pool of VRAM from multiple GPUs, right?  So two of your 970s will add their RAM together.

Yup.

You did hear DirectX 12 will use a single pool of VRAM from multiple GPUs, right?  So two of your 970s will add their RAM together.

wait wat, i thought you cant stack vram? So with dx12 games i vram will stack? thats great, what else does it stack lol?

wait wat, i thought you cant stack vram? So with dx12 games i vram will stack? thats great, what else does it stack lol?

lol

lol

did alittle reading about it, wow even works with 2 different brand gpu, wonder if gpu has to be equivalent or one can be like 970 or other one 980. Article also states it will be hard on developers to make this work and efficiently. I have doubts, just look at some games out there thats already having problems with just 1 gpu cough.....far cry 4......metro.....AC unity.....etc

did this post REALLLLLLLLYYY need 479 replies?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

did this post REALLLLLLLLYYY need 479 replies?

Did you really needed to drop by to just to say this?

While battlefield 4 is very pretty to look at with its high level of detail but the gameplay is awful.

Heres some main cons i have

1. It has a strong aim assist feature in single story and theres no way to turn it off. The aim assist assists way too much and takes fun out of shooting games.

2. character movement is very sluggish almost feels heavy if it makes sense.

3. enemy targeting system does not always work

4. AI constantly gets in the way of you. Door and stairs is a pain, you must let them go first or youll get pushed to the side.

5. while accessing weapon stack in game you cant exit out with the controller youre playing and must use mouse to click done to exit

my gpu driver was automatically installed through windows update when i first setup my desktop, im trying to update my driver to 347.88 but not sure what folder i should installed it in when it asks. I have nvidia corp folder in both my program file and program file 86.

my gpu driver was automatically installed through windows update when i first setup my desktop, im trying to update my driver to 347.88 but not sure what folder i should installed it in when it asks. I have nvidia corp folder in both my program file and program file 86.

There should be a default location when you run the setup.  Pick that one.  Other than that, idk.

There should be a default location when you run the setup.  Pick that one.  Other than that, idk.

Ok i figured it out, when i clicked on the exe icon it wanted to know where to extract the files to and not actually installing it yet.

I got it installed, can i delete that "Nvidia" folder in my c drive?

Ok i figured it out, when i clicked on the exe icon it wanted to know where to extract the files to and not actually installing it yet.

I got it installed, can i delete that "Nvidia" folder in my c drive?

I remember that thing (folder) from when I had a Nvidia card, I always left it as it was a small folder.  IDK, delete it and find out :lol:

I remember that thing (folder) from when I had a Nvidia card, I always left it as it was a small folder.  IDK, delete it and find out :lol:

idk, sound like trap lol

Hey how much more performance can i gain if i oc my msi gtx 970? lets say im already getting average 90fps with battlefield 4 ultra in 1080p. More fps gain?

You will get something, maybe more fps, maybe a BSOD.

I dont plan to oc since i get more than good fps, just wonder why others do it, curious the additional fps they get.

I dont plan to oc since i get more than good fps, just wonder why others do it, curious the additional fps they get.

That, and to see how far they can push it. 1500, 1600, more?

This is weird and i hope its the game.

So im playing cod advanced warfare story mode, the first mission its pretty smooth with slightly stutter(gpu usage 80-99%) from time to time but it unplayable in mission 2 (gpu usage keep dropping 10-99%). Although fps was always 110+.

Battlefield 4 was butter smooth throughout except for autosave points where slight stutter for split second but i think thats normal.

Is this faulty gpu or game?

After changing nvidia control panel power management form adaptive to maximum for metro it helped alot. But it still has lag feel to it. I wonder what else it is causing it.,

As for advanced warfare it turned out the stutter was caused by cache sun shadow maps and cache spot shadow maps. Both off i no longer experienced stutter. It is weird how it didnt effect mission 1.

Another problem i have is slight laggy cutscenes for battlefield 4 and advanced warfare. Both cutscenes are capped at 30fps but gpu usage is below 5%.

After changing nvidia control panel power management form adaptive to maximum for metro it helped alot. But it still has lag feel to it. I wonder what else it is causing it.,

As for advanced warfare it turned out the stutter was caused by cache sun shadow maps and cache spot shadow maps. Both off i no longer experienced stutter. It is weird how it didnt effect mission 1.

Another problem i have is slight laggy cutscenes for battlefield 4 and advanced warfare. Both cutscenes are capped at 30fps but gpu usage is below 5%.

Videos a lot of the time are capped.

Videos a lot of the time are capped.

yea but mine has lags abit and i think it has to do with gpus usage being lower than 5%

yea but mine has lags abit and i think it has to do with gpus usage being lower than 5%

:(

:(

for battlefield 4, gpu usage will start out low <5% but will pick up half way through cutscene to around 15%(smooth).

advanced warfare never picks up and causes lag every other second.