My Build Help

winkawak

Do they stream movies (like netflix), or actually download a file?

downloads only lol from chinese sites. They download so much it actually bog down internet speed in the house.

ITX is just a really small mobo form factor... I found that Asrock one for $80... with wifi. (and $10 back in rebate)

does these itx need a cpu fan?

does these itx need a cpu fan?

Nah, they come with a cooler.  Do they need a blue ray drive?

Nah, they come with a cooler.  Do they need a blue ray drive?

most likely no but if they do i can always added on later or its not possible?

most likely no but if they do i can always added on later or its not possible?

Yeah, you could add one later:

$398

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4160 3.6GHz Dual-Core Processor  ($109.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: ASRock H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($72.98 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ares Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($30.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Mushkin Chronos 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.98 @ OutletPC)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($44.99 @ Amazon)

Case: Antec ISK600 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($29.99 @ NCIX US)

Power Supply: Antec Basiq 350W ATX Power Supply  ($26.99 @ NCIX US)

Total: $370.91

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-03-15 00:15 EDT-0400

I have been playing far cry 4 alot for some reason tonight when i start the game immediately it was laggy. So i turn on afterburner and noticed gpu load keeps dropping to 0.

I have been playing far cry 4 alot for some reason tonight when i start the game immediately it was laggy. So i turn on afterburner and noticed gpu load keeps dropping to 0.

Do you have an overclock on the gpu?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

uh oh

what could be the problem? bad driver/game or gpu?

what could be the problem? bad driver/game or gpu?

I can't really say there is a problem.  All I know is that you noticed your GPU usage was not what it should be.  Did this occur, then correct itself?  Is this constant with only that game?.. or across the board with everything else too?

I can't really say there is a problem. All I know is that you noticed your GPU usage was not what it should be. Did this occur, then correct itself? Is this constant with only that game?.. or across the board with everything else too?

Gpu usage will rise and fall constantly from 0-99% on logo start up, menue and gameplay.

Okay it corrected itself, the funny thing is it happened right after i installled and tested dark souls 2. Not sure what i did to fix it. So i ran my anti virus found 4 virus but not dark souls related. I also ran ccleaner and went into nvidia control panel and reset all my settings. Lastly i restarted my computer and it ran fine now.

This was scary, any idea what might if triggered this weird gpu usage drop? bad gpu?

Btw im not sre if it was like this before but in far cry 4 when roaming around sometimes for split second gpu usage will drop sometimes to low 90, in 80s and 70s.

Gpu usage will rise and fall constantly from 0-99% on logo start up, menue and gameplay.

Okay it corrected itself, the funny thing is it happened right after i installled and tested dark souls 2. Not sure what i did to fix it. So i ran my anti virus found 4 virus but not dark souls related. I also ran ccleaner and went into nvidia control panel and reset all my settings. Lastly i restarted my computer and it ran fine now.

This was scary, any idea what might if triggered this weird gpu usage drop? bad gpu?

Btw im not sre if it was like this before but in far cry 4 when roaming around sometimes for split second gpu usage will drop sometimes to low 90, in 80s and 70s.

Probably just the software. 

Probably just the software. 

Lol i seriously cant take anymore of these, first was the mobo now gpu. Too many wierd things is happening to me.

Lol i seriously cant take anymore of these, first was the mobo now gpu. Too many wierd things is happening to me.

Yeah, but you get smarter because of the issues.

Yeah, but you get smarter because of the issues.

Yea but i prefer a different kind of learning process lol

Btw have you read about the $1k titan x? i think its ridiculous lol who in the right mind would buy something like this.

btw im looking at the specs, why is base clock lower than 970 & 980?

also no improvement in memory data rate.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/review-nvidia-s-999-gtx-titan-x-shines-in-4k/1100-6425973/

same link also has the performance comparison which it only out perform 980 in 4k by 10fps

Damn thing costs $1k and still cant get 60+fps lol

Yea but i prefer a different kind of learning process lol

Btw have you read about the $1k titan x? i think its ridiculous lol who in the right mind would buy something like this.

btw im looking at the specs, why is base clock lower than 970 & 980?

also no improvement in memory data rate.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/review-nvidia-s-999-gtx-titan-x-shines-in-4k/1100-6425973/

same link also has the performance comparison which it only out perform 980 in 4k by 10fps

Damn thing costs $1k and still cant get 60+fps lol

Has a 384-bit memory bus. (256-bit on GTX 980/970), which means about 50% better memory transfer rate. Makes a big difference in overall performance.

Given 50% more cores I expect the lower clocks are to keep temps reasonable. Clock speed is not everything.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Hey stconquest you should play far cry 4, i just finished the story and its pretty good.I loved far cry 3 with its open world but far cry 4 took it to another level. Theres a secret ending, not going to spoil it for you, with the amount of games i have played this ending came to me as a huge surprise. Its pretty clever what the game developers did.

Hey stconquest you should play far cry 4, i just finished the story and its pretty good.I loved far cry 3 with its open world but far cry 4 took it to another level. Theres a secret ending, not going to spoil it for you, with the amount of games i have played this ending came to me as a huge surprise. Its pretty clever what the game developers did.

I played FC 2, and after that, I have not touched another.  I would do FC 3 before 4, I am just like that.

How is the UPS working?

I played FC 2, and after that, I have not touched another.  I would do FC 3 before 4, I am just like that.

How is the UPS working?

FC series story are not related so doesnt really matter which one you play first.

I have tested UPS on a cheap 300$ latptop, one thing i found it weird is that runtime estimate keeps fluctuating around 150mins(about 10mins fluctuation). The usage load bar on ups was empty maybe laptop watt usage was too low? So i did a second test with my monitor and ps3, usage load is around 20% give me a pretty steady(slight 1-3min fluctuation) around 120mins. So its working alright but i just dont have the guts to try on my desktop yet lol.

Im not too impress with titan x(still cant run higher than 40fps on demanding games) and its price or i have the need to play on 4k right now.

FC series story are not related so doesnt really matter which one you play first.

I have tested UPS on a cheap 300$ latptop, one thing i found it weird is that runtime estimate keeps fluctuating around 150mins(about 10mins fluctuation). The usage load bar on ups was empty maybe laptop watt usage was too low? So i did a second test with my monitor and ps3, usage load is around 20% give me a pretty steady(slight 1-3min fluctuation) around 120mins. So its working alright but i just dont have the guts to try on my desktop yet lol.

Im not too impress with titan x(still cant run higher than 40fps on demanding games) and its price or i have the need to play on 4k right now.

Remember, those 40 FPS numbers come in a 4K resolution with MSAA enabled... no cards can do that shit at 60fps.

Remember, those 40 FPS numbers come in a 4K resolution with MSAA enabled... no cards can do that shit at 60fps.

i know but still, it costs 1$k and still cant hit 60fps with semi to high demanding games with msaa off. I guess what im trying to say is the cost of this gpu does not justify with its performance.

i know but still, it costs 1$k and still cant hit 60fps with semi to high demanding games with msaa off. I guess what im trying to say is the cost of this gpu does not justify with its performance.

Yeah, but it is not a price to performance GPU... it is the single best GPU on the market right now. For those without budgets =).