My Build Help

winkawak

Im not very happy with metro last light, game stutters even with low settings and low res. Google it find some ppl having same problem even with gtx 980.

Im not very happy with metro last light, game stutters even with low settings and low res. Google it find some ppl having same problem even with gtx 980.

Do you know the cause?  Like CPU or GPU?  That is not a new game, there should be fixes in place by now.

some say it has to do it being a bad port from console. Some ppl dont experience stuter some do and i cant find a solution. Kinda like far cry driving stutter, it turn out to be game optimization problem and solution is to lower ultra to very high so its not so bad.

I just installed Dying Light and set it up.  I had to turn a bunch down to medium or off the get a constant 60 FPS.  I just kept texture resolution maxed.  Still looks good. 

i have dying light just have to install it, hows the game? is it booring and repetitve like the review says?

i have dying light just have to install it, hows the game? is it booring and repetitve like the review says?

I will tell you tomorrow...played about 15 min.

Its so weird i can play far cry 4 and battlefield 4 ultra smoothly but metro last light stutters every few seconds. Far cry has a game problem where driving and glider stutters but thays the game. I hope i dont have a faulty card or something.

Its so weird i can play far cry 4 and battlefield 4 ultra smoothly but metro last light stutters every few seconds. Far cry has a game problem where driving and glider stutters but thays the game. I hope i dont have a faulty card or something.

I highly doubt it.  It is probably just the programs.

i have a feeling its the program itself too, its a shame. You go out buy and build a high end machine thinking your invincible from now on but end up not abe to play some games lol.

Are you running the game from the hdd or ssd?

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Are you running the game from the hdd or ssd?

hdd but shuoldnt matter

hdd but shuoldnt matter

Depends. Should and shouldn't are not good thoughts when troubleshooting.

What else is running during the game?

Depends. Should and shouldn't are not good thoughts when troubleshooting.

What else is running during the game?

nothing , just the game and bitdefender in the background.

nothing , just the game and bitdefender in the background.

Have you tried the game without bitdefender active, i.e. disabled?

Have you tried the game without bitdefender active, i.e. disabled?

i know its not bitdefender beacause other games like far cry 4 and battlefield 4 ultra smoothly

i know its not bitdefender beacause other games like far cry 4 and battlefield 4 ultra smoothly

I am not saying it is bitdefender. When I troubleshoot I eliminate possibilities, regardless of how unlikely I think they are.

What is "BitDefender"?  Get rid of that thing!  =P

I just looked it up...

Get rid of that thing!

Seriously, when was the last time you got a virus?

If you clone your drive, you don't have to worry about anything.

What is "BitDefender"?  Get rid of that thing!  =P

I just looked it up...

Get rid of that thing!

Seriously, when was the last time you got a virus?

If you clone your drive, you don't have to worry about anything.

Nooooo! Everyone should be running active virus and malware scanners. But it may be necessary to configure them so that they do not scan gaming i/o.

Nooooo! Everyone should be running active virus and malware scanners. But it may be necessary to configure them so that they do not scan gaming i/o.

lol, I have been antivirus free for about 10 years now. :mellow: :lol:

Windows firewall is all I have. 

I find that knowing how my PC should behave clues me in to any abnormalities. 

lol, I have been antivirus free for about 10 years now. :mellow: :lol:

Windows firewall is all I have. 

I find that knowing how my PC should behave clues me in to any abnormalities. 

You still havent explain to me the reason behind drive cloning. So when you have a virus you just system restore?

You still havent explain to me the reason behind drive cloning. So when you have a virus you just system restore?

I guess you have not reinstalled windows enough.  I usually format and reinstall 1-2 times a year, just to clean up.  This saves me 1-2 hours of downloading updates and programs.

IF... a virus hits, installing the clone is better than system restore.  It is a 100% guarantee of success without needing to reinstall windows.  I go from external mechanical drive to my SSD in 10 minutes... and that is it.  No program updates, no setting changes.  Everything is already setup the way I want it.

So, yeah... if I notice something wrong with my system, it takes me very little effort to clean it up.  No antivirus, no anti-malware ever runs on my PC.  I have tried to remove malware and virus' before.  Spent hours on that shit, only to need to format to rid my PC of it anyways.

It is just better.

Something weird happened but not too serious. Someimes when i install a game or program in my hdd storage, for some reason there will be a folder with data in it gets created in my os ssd drive. The program has a folder in my hdd too but why ssd?

Watch dog for example i just installed in hdd but it created an ubisoft game launcher folder in my ssd.