My Build Help

winkawak

i havent download it yet still deciding. the windows 7 pro download costs 60$ but no windows 10 free upgrade while windows 7 hard copy does but will cost 140$ and about 15$ gas fee lol

i havent download it yet still deciding. the windows 7 pro download costs 60$ but no windows 10 free upgrade while windows 7 hard copy does but will cost 140$ and about 15$ gas fee lol

Why not Windows 8.1?  It actually is optimized better for games. 

https://softwareplaza.com/microsoft-windows-7-professional-32-64-bit-full-version-sp1-download-1219.html

iso file is downloaded directly frm microsoft but key is from a seller. I dont know if its legit but looks promising. what u think? i just found out tigerdirect store wont have free upgrade to window 10

If it is a real key, it will work with the MS download.  The fake ones direct you to their ISO, why pay money for a pirated version you can get for free?

I got to go for now, I just checked back in quickly. 

I have a recommendation to make your PC experience that much easier:  Clonezilla.

What you do is, install windows and update it fully.  Then install all the little programs that you know you want on your PC.  In my case it was almost a dozen utility programs and League Of Legends.  I also installed my communication programs too: Mumble, Teamspeak3.  After you arrange everything to near perfection, you clone your drive with Clonzilla (100% free, no extra bull, no trial).  I tried the Windows 7 image making utility 3 times and it failed.  Each time it was 30 minutes and would not finish. Clonezilla cloned my drive (24GB Image) in 10 minutes.

Again, watch a few videos.  I simply downloaded Clonezilla ISO and burned it to a DvD (a CD would be fine).  Then put the disc in the optical drive and restarted my computer.  Clonezilla has it's own interface/GUI.  That is why I recommended watching a video or two first.  I selected the SSD to clone and directed the image it was gonna create to another drive.  It takes me 10 minutes to install the image, if I ever need a clean system.  Never have to worry about viruses or anything again.  In 10 minutes, a fresh Windows installation is comlplete along with all the updates and every program I need/want.

You don't need Antivirus, or anything really.  I have firewalls only, Windows and router.  If anything goes wrong... 10 minute fix.  I have not run antivirus in over 5 years.

http://clonezilla.org/

i didnt see this message before i drove to tiger direct. I just dont want to deal with pirated key which i can get for free so i bought the physical copy. Going to install now, hope disk drive is working lol

currently installing, btw which port do i connect my ethernet cable the killer e2200 or intel gigabit?

installed drivers and computet is up and running but my ps2 keyboard is not detected when plugged in

weird i was restarting aftet updating windows update. instead of loading in windows screen i got asrock screen like when i first boot up with and option to go in uefi,instant flash, boot menue and switch screen but when i press f2 or f11 that corresponds to the options it does nothing just stukc there. I had to power off, i cringed doing so, hope i didnt damage or corrupt any data.

currently installing, btw which port do i connect my ethernet cable the killer e2200 or intel gigabit?

Either.

installed drivers and computet is up and running but my ps2 keyboard is not detected when plugged in

Weird, did you try disconnect/reconnect?  I never experienced that before, but maybe a driver update is needed.  Have you gone to the Asrock website to get all the updated drivers you need?  Whenever I do a format and reinstall of Windows (long way, not the clone), I have to install the ethernet driver from the Asrock disc, then I ca go online and get the rest.

weird i was restarting aftet updating windows update. instead of loading in windows screen i got asrock screen like when i first boot up with and option to go in uefi,instant flash, boot menue and switch screen but when i press f2 or f11 that corresponds to the options it does nothing just stukc there. I had to power off, i cringed doing so, hope i didnt damage or corrupt any data.

Everytime you restart, you will see the AsRock screen with the options.  Just wait, should take like 2 seconds before it goes to Windows.  How long did you wait?  The Windows update might have slowed down the process.  I would have walked away for about a minute to be sure it was stuck.

Later i found out ps/2 keyboards need to be connected before computer is powered on to work. As for the weird boot up, i waited several minutes, my keyboard light was on but i couldnt get into the options by pressing buttons. I plugged in another keyboard trying to see if it works but no. Then i finally decided to power off, did i corrupt/damage any data like bios for doing that?

I looked around and found one dude had same incident booting up after windows update restart. One poster mentioned might be the update changing boot priority but the prioty were ssd and blueray drive. The screen i had was a black screen with asrock in the middle of the screen and lower right corner with the options like boot into uefi, boot into instant flash, boot menue, switch screen.

Later i found out ps/2 keyboards need to be connected before computer is powered on to work. As for the weird boot up, i waited several minutes, my keyboard light was on but i couldnt get into the options by pressing buttons. I plugged in another keyboard trying to see if it works but no. Then i finally decided to power off, did i corrupt/damage any data like bios for doing that?

I looked around and found one dude had same incident booting up after windows update restart. One poster mentioned might be the update changing boot priority but the prioty were ssd and blueray drive. The screen i had was a black screen with asrock in the middle of the screen and lower right corner with the options like boot into uefi, boot into instant flash, boot menue, switch screen.

I have disconnected my PS/2 Keyboard and reconnected it while in windows, but maybe it needs to be there when it starts up...idk.  I feel like going to the other room to test it now =/.

So how is everything?

When i looked at the mobo i also had red lights on mobo and the little lcd screen on mobo had 99 displayed. It was scary stuff. What does the light and 99 mean?

When i power off and turn it back on it boot up window and finished updating. Am i in the clear? Im so afraid powering off would corrupt the bios, how can i check?

When i looked at the mobo i also had red lights on mobo and the little lcd screen on mobo had 99 displayed. It was scary stuff. What does the light and 99 mean?

lol, idk.

When i power off and turn it back on it boot up window and finished updating. Am i in the clear? Im so afraid powering off would corrupt the bios, how can i check?

As long as you are not flashing the bios, don't worry about it.  How long did you Windows install take?  I do mine in under 5 minutes... it is the first thing I noticed when I switched to an SSD.

@winkawak If you are flashing a new bios onto the mobo and you power off, you will corrupt the bios.  Anything else, don't worry about.... you can always re-update if needed. 

No problem as of right but still slightly worried just turning off like that can do to bios, then again i wasnt in bios yet just a black screen with optioned displayed.

My windows 7 pro 64bit took around 5 mins i would say, didnt really watch the time but it seems quick. This machine is awsome lol i went to canirunit.com i can run every game which i already knew but still fun to see. Are you on steam? Also might add another ssd lol if its cheap, darn thing is fast.

Now come to think about it, its wierd. It was my 2nd windows update restart, the first restart had 192 updates and went smoothly. The second one only had about 18.

No problem as of right but still slightly worried just turning off like that can do to bios, then again i wasnt in bios yet just a black screen with optioned displayed.

My windows 7 pro 64bit took around 5 mins i would say, didnt really watch the time but it seems quick. This machine is awsome lol i went to canirunit.com i can run every game which i already knew but still fun to see. Are you on steam? Also might add another ssd lol if its cheap, darn thing is fast.

MacGrunt on Steam, but I only log in when I am playing a certain game.  Steam is not always on.

I don't understand why you are worried to power down.  Restart and shut off/turn on your PC a few times, get it out of your system.  Meet the fear head-on.  After the updates, I mean.

ill add you anyway, lol i should pick up my dekstop and drop it couple times to get all the irratioal fears out ahahaha.

In my neighborhood, every 2 weeks or so electricity will go off for a second or two before jumping back on again. Is there anything out there that would keep my computer on during this power outage? my laptop hard drive got corrupted once over the years.

In my neighborhood, every 2 weeks or so electricity will go off for a second or two before jumping back on again. Is there anything out there that would keep my computer on during this power outage? my laptop hard drive got corrupted once over the years.

Grab a UPS battery back up.  Costs a bit but peace of mind, right?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/surge-protectors-power-cords/battery-backup/abcat0515043.c?id=abcat0515043

what does ups stand for? what features should i look for? like joules? features that provide adequate protection for my spec? how long does it keep my computer running after power outage?