My Build Help

winkawak

So you are starting now?  :)

yea, so i have my psu case opened and there tons of wires!Back of the psu have empty connectors like MB, cpu1 vga1-4  sata1-3 perif1 cpu2. Which ones do i really need ?

Im guessing MB cpu1 sata1-2 ?

yea, so i have my psu case opened and there tons of wires!Back of the psu have empty connectors like MB, cpu1 vga1-4  sata1-3 perif1 cpu2. Which ones do i really need ?

Im guessing MB cpu1 sata1-2 ?

Motherboard, 8-pin and 24 pin

Hard drive Sata power

GPU PCI-E cables

Motherboard, 8-pin and 24 pin

Hard drive Sata power

GPU PCI-E cables

the back has sata 1 to 3, do i just connect to satat 1 to power my mechanic drive and ssd?

I dont see gpu pci cable rather vga 1-3

what about cpu1?

the back has sata 1 to 3, do i just connect to satat 1 to power my mechanic drive and ssd?

I dont see gpu pci cable rather vga 1-3

what about cpu1?

Yes to the sata.

GPU should be 8-pin (with 2 pins detachable)

CPU 1 is the 8-pin

Yes to the sata.

GPU should be 8-pin (with 2 pins detachable)

CPU 1 is the 8-pin

there two diiferent cpu cable, 1 has 8pin and a 4pin the second one has 1 8pin and 2 4 pins. which one i use? only use cpu1?

also in mobo case, theres 3 pack of wires, 2 says sata3 6ggb/s an and 1 says nothing has 1 red 2 black 1 yellow wire.

there two diiferent cpu cable, 1 has 8pin and a 4pin the second one has 1 8pin and 2 4 pins. which one i use? only use cpu1?

also in mobo case, theres 3 pack of wires, 2 says sata3 6ggb/s an and 1 says nothing has 1 red 2 black 1 yellow wire.

I don't want to say for sure, as I don't have the parts in front of me.  2 cables go into the motherboard.  One up by the left of the CPU socket.  One by the right side near the middle or RAM (24 pin).

The cables in the Mobo package are not power, they are data.

this is weird so when i put the psu in the case with fan facing down the screws holes dont match and the eco on and off is upside down but if put the fan facing up holes lines up and eco on and off right is correct. I though fan suppose to face down? hence the filter on the bottom/

this is weird so when i put the psu in the case with fan facing down the screws holes dont match and the eco on and off is upside down but if put the fan facing up holes lines up and eco on and off right is correct. I though fan suppose to face down? hence the filter on the bottom/

Ugh, it is designed for a top mount... rig it.  Either make new screw holes or find a way to secure it.  You want the fan downward... but I guess you have have it upward.  Your choice...if you have it upward, it will act as an exhaust.

Ugh, it is designed for a top mount... rig it.  Either make new screw holes or find a way to secure it.  You want the fan downward... but I guess you have have it upward.  Your choice...if you have it upward, it will act as an exhaust.

okay i manage to get it face down and secure with 4 bolt. As for psu im confused, so i need a 1 cpu1 connectore attached and 1 sata1 attached and 1vga attached correct? why is there cpu2 or 3? same goes sata 2-3? whats perif 1?

okay i manage to get it face down and secure with 4 bolt. As for psu im confused, so i need a 1 cpu1 connectore attached and 1 sata1 attached and 1vga attached correct? why is there cpu2 or 3? same goes sata 2-3? whats perif 1?

Link me your Power supply so I can get pictures of it. EVGA? The G1 or G2?

Okay, so...

You need the "Motherboard" cable into the PSU, that goes to the motherboard.  That is just for the one 24-pin, by the RAM.

You need one of the CPU (does not matter #1 or #2), that goes into the motherboard... up on the left by the CPU socket.

Now the VGA, you might only need one.  Find the cable itself and see how many PCI-E plugs there are.  If it splits to two (per cable), then you only need one VGA.  If the VGA cable only has one PCI-E plug (per cable), then you will need two VGA.

And lastly Sata.  You might only need one Sata into the Power Supply as it will split and reach both your drives.

@winkawak

Okay

Okay, so...

You need the "Motherboard" cable into the PSU, that goes to the motherboard.  That is just for the one 24-pin, by the RAM.

You need one of the CPU (does not matter #1 or #2), that goes into the motherboard... up on the left by the CPU socket.

Now the VGA, you might only need one.  Find the cable itself and see how many PCI-E plugs there are.  If it splits to two (per cable), then you only need one VGA.  If the VGA cable only has one PCI-E plug (per cable), then you will need two VGA.

And lastly Sata.  You might only need one Sata into the Power Supply as it will split and reach both your drives.

@winkawak

I see, okay so far i have installed the psu, mobo and cpu into the case. Now im installing cpu fan next. Corsair h50 it comes with a back plate that goes on back of mobo where the cpu is at but this x99x killer has no 4 holes to mount this backplate. Btw these little node standing on the mobo doesnt seem striaght, some slightly tilted.

Okay

I see, okay so far i have installed the psu, mobo and cpu into the case. Now im installing cpu fan next. Corsair h50 it comes with a back plate that goes on back of mobo where the cpu is at but this x99x killer has no 4 holes to mount this backplate. Btw these little node standing on the mobo doesnt seem striaght, some slightly tilted.

I don't think you need the back-plate.  The mobo has 4 threaded holes already, just attach the cooler to those.

Those "nodes", do you mean the Stand-offs on the case?  ...where the mobo sits on?  Makes sure the motherboard is not flexed, it has to be flat.

whats the back plate for anyways, are you sure? the link you gave me mentioned h50 is not for 2011 x99.

whats the back plate for anyways, are you sure? the link you gave me mentioned h50 is not for 2011 x99.

X99 is 2011-3.  What they were saying was that H50s made before the first 2011 socket might not have the bracket for 2011 or 2011-3.  Does yours have it specified on the box?

@winkawak

? what happened

1.  You have to contact Corsair and ask (beg) them for a bracket.

2.  Return the H50 and find either and H50, H55, or H60 with 2011-3 socket support.

I don't recommend trying to "rig" the cooler.  It really has to sit properly.

what bracket is the latest version? i guess ill call newegg, i thought h50 supported the 2011v3.

what bracket is the latest version? i guess ill call newegg, i thought h50 supported the 2011v3.

It should... did you buy it from Newegg?

Sorry I did not spot that.  I know how it is to want to get your build up and running.  :(