My Build Help

winkawak

also i noticed my os ssd drive is ejectable in the taskbar usb icon. its named ata device. is this correct?

also i noticed my os ssd drive is ejectable in the taskbar usb icon. its named ata device. is this correct?

Not on my PC, no.

im in install windows to reinstall my windows. i formated the ssd but i cant click on new button to create install os in it. and theres a old system reserv from before i try formae and delete but still there

I believe windows saves a backup of your old install.  When you re-install, there will be a folder named Windows.old. 

in my boot option why is there another blue ray drive name uefi:bd re?

in my boot option why is there another blue ray drive name uefi:bd re?

Google that sh*t, I really have no idea.  :(

:D

Normally i look it up before asking but i couldnt find a answer . I cleared cmos and reinstalled windows7 but when i went to install drivers from the mobo disk i got an error on restart. It say nero boot loader v6 my model is not support ten it ask me to restart but it just restart to the same screen. I didnt have any problems like that when i had my computer booted up the first time. Any ideas

Sorry, I do not.

Remember don't freak out.  Go over what you have done. 

Can you get into bios?

ok i figured it out. I had to change boot priority odd back to 2nd. Btw i had to clear cmos x3 and reinstall windows 7 x3 due to problems along the way. Im not damaging or corrupting anything am i?

I still cant figure out why theres a uefi password when i never set one and i clear cmos.

ok i figured it out. I had to change boot priority odd back to 2nd. Btw i had to clear cmos x3 and reinstall windows 7 x3 due to problems along the way. Im not damaging or corrupting anything am i?

I have done that many times, especially on my older system with all the overclocking.  Trust me, short of taking a hammer to your PC... you will not do damage.

I still cant figure out why theres a uefi password when i never set one and i clear cmos.

AAAAAAAND... WTF?

I got an idea.  Disconnect the hard drive.  Just run the single drive until you get the OS in order.

my hdd is disconnected since last night, my first build experience has been stressful. I would like to just thank you again for staying throughout this bumppy road. I afraid to install windows update now, that asrock screen mighy pop up again and freeze on me lol

my hdd is disconnected since last night, my first build experience has been stressful. I would like to just thank you again for staying throughout this bumppy road. I afraid to install windows update now, that asrock screen mighy pop up again and freeze on me lol

You will figure it out.  What you learn with this one will benefit you down the road... even if feels like crap.  :huh:

Hey i would like to run a speed test for my ssd and hdd which software do you recommand?

one of the usb port in the front panel case has problem recognizing usb is plugged in. Device does get power on but not recongnized

Hey you are back.  I was worried something went horribly wrong.

Hey i would like to run a speed test for my ssd and hdd which software do you recommand?

What type of software do you want?

Also my ddr4 ram. Is gpu testing neccessary?

No.  Only test your RAM is you are BSOD'ing or getting random program crashes.  If it ain't broke... don't fix it.  That (GPU testing) can be done later, get your software in order.

one of the usb port in the front panel case has problem recognizing usb is plugged in. Device does get power on but not recongnized

USB 3.0 ports usually require driver updates, mine do anyway.  Go to AsRock and find the utility programs and drivers you want and need.  Read through the program list and search whatever you don't understand.

After you get all you software just right, we will work on cloning your drive.  Then you can test whatever you want to.

everything is up and runing even had all windows updates without frozen asrock screen.

I just want to check if my ssd and hdd is running at the right speed. I have installed the usb3 driver, maybe ill do it again

the wierd thing is its only 1 of the usb2 port in front of the case. It worked for my exterbal hdd eariler and before i reinstalled my windows. Now every time when a usb device is plugged into that port it wont recongnize the device. Any ideas?

also i dont quite get why i need to clone my ssd or hdd.

everything is up and runing even had all windows updates without frozen asrock screen.

I just want to check if my ssd and hdd is running at the right speed. I have installed the usb3 driver, maybe ill do it again

the wierd thing is its only 1 of the usb2 port in front of the case. It worked for my exterbal hdd eariler and before i reinstalled my windows. Now every time when a usb device is plugged into that port it wont recongnize the device. Any ideas?

also i dont quite get why i need to clone my ssd or hdd.

You don't need to, you want to... even if you don't know it yet.  Right after you install Windows and update it, your system is "cleanest".  Put all the basic programs that you know you will want on. 

If ever come the day that you need to re-install, you don't have to go through all the setup, the updates, the program installations.  Everything is done already and stored as an image on your storage drive.

Front USB 3.0 - You can try this:  put the device in it and wiggle it.  If it is detects the device, then it is simply not seating the USB plug well.  Mine are a little wonky.  I have to touch it sometimes to activate it.

You installed Windows in 5 minutes, your SSD is writing(sequentially) at the right speed.

its 1 of the usb 2.0 in front of case that im having trouble with.

its 1 of the usb 2.0 in front of case that im having trouble with.

Still... if you wiggle it, does the device activate?