My Build Help

winkawak

No problem, dont sweat it, you have helped me alot. Yea its from new egg, it should automatically be the latest one.

No problem, dont sweat it, you have helped me alot. Yea its from new egg, it should automatically be the latest one.

Glad you are not freaking out.  It still urks me though.

Im confused, this mobo does not have holes in the back for any mounting. I assuming the uofated backplate goes in the front? The question i had eariler about the node on the board, they are like cyclinder shape post that stand on the board. I noticed one of them by the pci slot is touching the other cyclinder post.

Im confused, this mobo does not have holes in the back for any mounting. I assuming the uofated backplate goes in the front? The question i had eariler about the node on the board, they are like cyclinder shape post that stand on the board. I noticed one of them by the pci slot is touching the other cyclinder post.

Now you confused me =D

The cylinder shaped posts go under the board.  You attach those "posts" onto the case first...THEN you gently line up the motherboard to those posts and screw the motherboard in... always gently....no cracking the board.

The posts are commonly referred to as "stand-offs".

Sometimes the stand-offs are already attached in some cases.  You might have to re-arrange them for the X99 mobo.  idk for sure.

You misunderstood me, i talking about the capacitor on the mobo. Btw im installing ram and its hard as hell. The ram slot on these mobo only need to unluck tab on one side and seat thr ram. The ram is hard to seat and when it does go down, it doesnt seat completely.

This is your board, right?

MB-X99XKLE_LG.JPGAre

Are you talking about the 2 capacitors at the middle PCI-E slot?  One bigger than the other.

RAM, you mean that only one tab flips open for each stick?  The picture shows tabs on the top and bottom of each DIMM slot.

Yea thats the mobo.Its the 8 capacitor near the corner, one was touching another so i gently move it away. I checked the manual and picture illustrates the top tab which is near the edge of the boards flips open while the bottom tab dont. What i dont get is i seated properly with the gap lined up but it just wont fully seat. I used pretty firm pressure.

Same, i tried a1 and b1 slot like manual suggested. I double checked then ram and its ddr4 8gb. Maybe not enough pressure applied? btw what time is it over there? youre always on lol.

ill tried again(4th time) tomorrow. Never knew ram could be so hard to install lol. Also chatted with newegg rma form was sent and full refund will be processed. So h60 will be compatible?

lol

3:30am, almost.

Push a good amount, but no more then a few pounds of pressure per square inch.  I mean, it should not take a whole lot of pressure.

Where you at? It 3:30am here in florida too. What age group are you? lol im curious, good night man im tired. No happy ending for valentines day lol :(

Lazlst 2 try i pushed it pretty firm, afraid to try any harder, damn thinhlg feels so fragile.

Also forgot to mention the difficulty of installing the io shield...... Finally got it in and the holes are not aligned, about 1 mm off and csuse obstruction.

Okay i manage to get ram in with quite bit of force, more than im comfortable with. Gpu dropped in easily. This x99x killer seems to have its own back plate in the front of mobo instead in the back. Without the h50 backplate i can still lined up the cpu fan to the mobos own front plate. Will this still work? can you investigate for me please?

Don't forget, the case fans run at 100% unlees they have a 4-pin PWM connector (not molex 4-pin).

Depends on the motherboard. Most current Asus boards for example, can control either 3-pin or 4-pin fans connected to 4-pin motherboard headers using their Fan Xpert 3 utility.

The phantek enthoo pro case comes with 3 pin fans.

And a PWM hub. This allows 3-pin case fans to be controlled by a single 4-pin fan header on the motherboard.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Thanks brob,

The wire that comes with cpu1 for psu one end has a 8 pin and the other end has a 2 4pin connector. The cpu connection on mobo only has a 1 8pin slot that doest split into 2 4 pin. Can i still connect to it?

Thanks brob,

The wire that comes with cpu1 for psu one end has a 8 pin and the other end has a 2 4pin connector. The cpu connection on mobo only has a 1 8pin slot that doest split into 2 4 pin. Can i still connect to it?

The two 4-pin plugs should conveniently plug side-by-side into the 8-pin EATX12V receptacle on the right/top edge of the motherboard. Insert one then the other.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

The two 4-pin plugs should conveniently plug side-by-side into the 8-pin EATX12V receptacle on the right/top edge of the motherboard. Insert one then the other.

As for the vga cable so i connected one end 1 8pin to psu and the other end 1 6pin 1 2pin 1 6pin to gpu? the gpu has 1 8pin slot and 1 6pin in the corner.

Quesrion 1

This mobo has 10 sata3 connectors, which one do i use for my ssd hdd and blueraydrive?

The layout of connector

top and bottom

ssata3_0   ssata3_1

ssata3_2   ssata3_3

sata3_0    sata3_3

sata3_1   sata3_4

sata3_2   sata3_5

Also manual says if esate port on the rear io has been connected the internal ssata3_3 will not function. If Ultra M.2 socket has been occupied, internal ssata3_2 will not function.

Raid is supported on sata3_0 to sata3_5 ports only.

Question 2

My next question is what wire do i use to connect the case fan hub? to psu or mobo?

Question 3

Asrock has the hdd saver feature that connects up to 2 storage drives and it connects to the mobo. Is it better to use the psu sata connector and have it connected to psu instead?

I also placed a order on h60 which supports lga 2011.

Question 4

With the hdd saver 4pin connected to mobo, while i was seating it and after its seated if igently rock the cables on the connecter front and back it makes single pop or cracking sound. Is this normal? Area doesnt seem damaged.

Quesrion 1

This mobo has 10 sata3 connectors, which one do i use for my ssd hdd and blueraydrive?

The layout of connector

top and bottom

ssata3_0   ssata3_1

ssata3_2   ssata3_3

sata3_0    sata3_3

sata3_1   sata3_4

sata3_2   sata3_5

Also manual says if esate port on the rear io has been connected the internal ssata3_3 will not function. If Ultra M.2 socket has been occupied, internal ssata3_2 will not function.

Raid is supported on sata3_0 to sata3_5 ports only.

Question 2

My next question is what wire do i use to connect the case fan hub? to psu or mobo?

Question 3

Asrock has the hdd saver feature that connects up to 2 storage drives and it connects to the mobo. Is it better to use the psu sata connector and have it connected to psu instead?

I also placed a order on h60 which supports lga 2011.

Question 4

With the hdd saver 4pin connected to mobo, while i was seating it and after its seated if igently rock the cables on the connecter front and back it makes single pop or cracking sound. Is this normal? Area doesnt seem damaged.

Holy smokes, gimme a sec...

So, ESATA...you will never use but keep SATA 3_3 clear anyways... just incase.  Oh damn... just connect to any available SATA 3 port (6GBs/s).  If you ever buy an eSata, or M.2 device just remember to go in the PC and clear the Sata 3_3 and 3_2.

So Fan Hub... Thanks to @brob again for remembering the Enthoo has that.  I almost got you to buy one =/.  You have two PWM connections onthe mobo:  one at the top right, and one at the bottom right.  I would use the bottom PWN (4-pin) for the hub to keep the top one free for the H60.

Fan hubs usually connect to the Mobo for control, and need a power source... usually a 4-pin molex.

Question 3:  The HDD saver thingy is used for Mechanical drives.  I would use it.  You only turn on the hard drive when you need to back up something or run a program off of it.  I would mainly just use the SSD for daily stuff.

The crackle:  That is just an arc similar to when you plug something in an outlet.  I don't like it, but it is generally harmless.  Don't rock it =D... no seriously, if it is totally loose, don't use it.  I would fear an extended arc, it generates high levels of heat, can melt stuff.  If the connector is snug... it should be fine.