My Build Help

winkawak

Holy smokes, gimme a sec...

So, ESATA...you will never use but keep SATA 3_3 clear anyways... just incase.  Oh damn... just connect to any available SATA 3 port (6GBs/s).  If you ever buy an eSata, or M.2 device just remember to go in the PC and clear the Sata 3_3 and 3_2.

So Fan Hub... Thanks to @brob again for remembering the Enthoo has that.  I almost got you to buy one =/.  You have two PWM connections onthe mobo:  one at the top right, and one at the bottom right.  I would use the bottom PWN (4-pin) for the hub to keep the top one free for the H60.

Fan hubs usually connect to the Mobo for control, and need a power source... usually a 4-pin molex.

Question 3:  The HDD saver thingy is used for Mechanical drives.  I would use it.  You only turn on the hard drive when you need to back up something or run a program off of it.  I would mainly just use the SSD for daily stuff.

The crackle:  That is just an arc similar to when you plug something in an outlet.  I don't like it, but it is generally harmless.  Don't rock it =D... no seriously, if it is totally loose, don't use it.  I would fear an extended arc, it generates high levels of heat, can melt stuff.  If the connector is snug... it should be fine.

I dont see pwn connection label on mobo? you mean cpu fan connector thats all around corners of mobo?

As for connecting the case pwn hub to mobo, theres a connection on the left of the hub says sata 12v power input. Where does this cable connect to?

On the right side of the hub is the 4pin mobo cpu fan connector, do i need this? where do i plug it into?

Top and bottom of hub is fan 1-6.

Other questions, my mobo has 3 pin power led header (++-) but my pled connection came with my case is only 2 pin (seperated) (+-).

Other connectors in case like the power sw and reset sw, i dont see this label on my mobo,where do they connect?

Theres a usb cable but doesnt state usb2 or 3, where do i plug this on mobo?

Hd audio connector from case, where do i put on mobo?

Lastly theres this connector blue at the end with 20 holes (1 covered up) whats that and where do i plug it in on mobo.

LOL alot questions added it up through the day. THanks

I dont see pwn connection label on mobo? you mean cpu fan connector thats all around corners of mobo?

As for connecting the case pwn hub to mobo, theres a connection on the left of the hub says sata 12v power input. Where does this cable connect to?

On the right side of the hub is the 4pin mobo cpu fan connector, do i need this? where do i plug it into?

Top and bottom of hub is fan 1-6.

Other questions, my mobo has 3 pin power led header (++-) but my pled connection came with my case is only 2 pin (seperated) (+-).

Other connectors in case like the power sw and reset sw, i dont see this label on my mobo,where do they connect?

Theres a usb cable but doesnt state usb2 or 3, where do i plug this on mobo?

Hd audio connector from case, where do i put on mobo?

Lastly theres this connector blue at the end with 20 holes (1 covered up) whats that and where do i plug it in on mobo.

LOL alot questions added it up through the day. THanks

Do you remember when...

I mentioned the Motherboard Manual is the bible?  This is why :lol:

Gimme a sec...

no trust me i looked at it several times, im new at this and i just cant tell what im looking at lol. I have pretty much everything hooked up except case cables to mobo. Believe me lol these manual pages look very old and wrinkly  from flipping through them constantly throughout the day.

Ok, the 12v power to the Hub is a 4-pin (big pins) molex.  It directly connects to the PSU.

After you plug in the Fan Hub to a 4-pin (small pin) PWM socket (the lower one I have in the diagram...purple) any fan at the hub will be controllable through that one PWM socket.

I always tell people the hardest part of building a PC is getting the little case pins in properly.  Those little singles.  I am serious.  My hard drive activity LED is never working.

Anyways, pictures tend to help so:

Note: the blue line accidentally leads to a maroon box, that should be a blue box.

oHmegFE.jpg

Wow big thanks man, youre really helpful. Ran out of time tonight, gotta wake up early tomorrow for classes, so ill work on it tomorrow. The 12v power cable thats connected to the case hub has no pin just one of those gold L (shorter legs) connectors and its like 2 inches.

Wow big thanks man, your really helpful. Ran out of time tonight, gotta wake up early tomorrow for classes, so ill work on it tomorrow. The 12v power cable thats connected to the case hub has no pin just one of those gold L (shorter legs) connectors and its like 2 inches.

That is Sata Power (not sata data).  Same thing, goes right to the PSU

That is Sata Power (not sata data).  Same thing, goes right to the PSU

I already have a sata line running my ssd and hdd(might switch to the hhd saver cable to mobo) can i use the same line to connect the 12v?

I already have a sata line running my ssd and hdd(might switch to the hhd saver cable to mobo) can i use the same line to connect the 12v?

yes

Great, the gpu came with a short cable with 8pin on one end and 6 on the other. What is that for? I used psu vga1 cable to connect my gpu with 6pin and a 8pin with 2pin split.

Great, the gpu came with a short cable with 8pin on one end and 6 on the other. What is that for? I used psu vga1 cable to connect my gpu with 6pin and a 8pin with 2pin split.

Sometime people do not have the required cables for the GPU.  The GPU came with Molex (4-pin large) adapters for the PCI-E.  Actually, I keep staring at your board, on you board you will see a molex socket right above your first PCI-E x16 slot (or below the CPU socket).  AsRock accounted for this by giving you a Molex-to-PCI-E solution on the mobo.  You could use that cable, but don't.  Use the PSU one.

The mobo box came with 2 pack of sata3 6gb/s cable. Each pack came with 2 kind of cables, 1 cable both end(metal tab on outside) looks like the end you connect to sata3 port on mobo. The other cable one end has a L curve to it and the other end same as the end you connect to sata3 port. Is there a difference? In a youtube video, dude used the L shape end to connect to ssd or hdd. So that what i did and i use the same both end cable on my blueray drive.

The L end im talking these

http://static.scan.co.uk/images/products/1182904-a.jpg

the one with the same end

http://mlu-s1-p.mlstatic.com/cable-datos-sata-iii-30-super-velocidad-6gbs-50cm-1700-MLU2623731534_042012-O.jpg

Both of them seems to do the same but different on 1 end.

They do have the same function. The "L" (elbow) connector tends to be preferred as it doesn't stick out so much so it is harder to accidentally break it. The metal clip is a locking mechanism. Push down on the clip when removing the connector.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Is this normal? i noticed the 12v cable thats connected to the connector thats mounted on the fan hub is slightly raised. Its not completely seated on the left side(you can put a piece of paper in that gap).

Idk, it might be okay.  You can try disconnecting it and blowing inside the plug to try and free any debris.  You will have to wait to test it.

Idk, it might be okay.  You can try disconnecting it and blowing inside the plug to try and free any debris.  You will have to wait to test it.

not the plug, the connector thats mounted on the hub that 12v cable goes into, ill wait and see and hopefully its okay. I want to finish this build already lol.

Is it safe to power on a computer without cpu fan installed?

http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/55487-need-help-connect-powersw-reset-sw.html

The picture in the thread is my mobo panel header layout, im confused where i plug for reset sw? do i plug reset sw do i plug in for GND and reset#? is GND positive or reset#? same goes for power sw.

Mine did not come with any adapters....nor the manual mention anyhing about adapters.

Mine did not come with any adapters....nor the manual mention anyhing about adapters.

K, try with the writing facing up... if that does not work...well, there is only one other option  :lol: