My Build Help

winkawak

in case i wanted to control my case fan, can i swapp out the 3pin fan for a 4 pin?

in case i wanted to control my case fan, can i swapp out the 3pin fan for a 4 pin?

You can find a picture of your motherboard and find all the 4-pin sockets on it.  Then with that number in mind start selecting fans with PWM control, usually starting with the 120mm fans as they are louder than the 140mm fans.

It looks like there are only two PWM fan sockets...one at the top...one at the bottom.

@winkawak Changing all your fans is just as expensive as a fan controller =D

You can find a picture of your motherboard and find all the 4-pin sockets on it.  Then with that number in mind start selecting fans with PWM control, usually starting with the 120mm fans as they are louder than the 140mm fans.

It looks like there are only two PWM fan sockets...one at the top...one at the bottom.

@winkawak Changing all your fans is just as expensive as a fan controller =D

I probably wont, just curious if i could. Then again fan noise wont be noticeable over my loud speakers when im gaming or watching movies lol.

You could always use a PWM Fan Hub Controller and hide it in your case.  This would connect to the lower PWM socket on your motherboard (along with a sata connection to your power supply), and you would then connect all of your fans to it.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/20988/ele-1196/Swiftech_8-Way_PWM_Cable_Splitter_-_SATA_Power_8W-PWM-SPL-ST.html?tl=g34c17s240&id=qWEuRN9i

so case is coming on tuesday, the rest on wednesday but except my ram which havent even shipped yet.

Oh damn... have fun! :)

Thanks lol, ill definitely have wire troubles, theres just so many of them.

I not familiar with bench marking, i want to make sure my cpu, gpu, ram, ssd is performing at the correct speed. How do i know what speed is it suppose to perform and what software to run them?

Thanks lol, ill definitely have wire troubles, theres just so many of them.

I not familiar with bench marking, i want to make sure my cpu, gpu, ram, ssd is performing at the correct speed. How do i know what speed is it suppose to perform and what software to run them?

I usually check temps, and start playing some games with an FPS counter (Fraps).  If everything runs well, I don't go through extensive benches until I start overclocking.  A good idea would be for ou to start lurking in the "overclocking" sub-forum.  Get used to the term and programs.

Oh, and for wires:  just pull wires to the right side of the case and slowly bring them to the left one-by-one, as you need them.  You won't get it perfect the first time, but after a few cleanings your brain will start working out better paths.

Overclocking wont be neccessary for me as of right now, i need to play around and understand dekstop more before oc'ing.

The worries i have for wire is where all my parts connect on the motherboard. Ill rewatch build video see where they go and such.

Oh, from benchmark i found on this http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_970_Gaming/16.html

I can expect pretty good fps with 1080p and 1440p play most games. 4k in another hand need 2 gtx 970 to get 35-50fps on most games

Overclocking wont be neccessary for me as of right now, i need to play around and understand dekstop more before oc'ing.

The worries i have for wire is where all my parts connect on the motherboard. Ill rewatch build video see where they go and such.

Oh, from benchmark i found on this http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_970_Gaming/16.html

I can expect pretty good fps with 1080p and 1440p play most games. 4k in another hand need 2 gtx 970 to get 35-50fps on most games

Hardware is not ready for this 4K gaming crap... it is not a good idea.

The motherboard manual literally has all the information you need in regard to what plug goes in what socket.  Videos help build confidence.  My first build was done with only the manuals, no videos.

Hardware is not ready for this 4K gaming crap... it is not a good idea.

The motherboard manual literally has all the information you need in regard to what plug goes in what socket.  Videos help build confidence.  My first build was done with only the manuals, no videos.

I know, 4k is at its infancy and 99% of hardware out now are not ready for 4k gaming. But its good to know if i wanted to game in 4k ill get playable fps thats at least 30. I also find theres really no point of 4k gaming, a monitor or a tv 1080 will be sufficient and 1440p will be more than sufficient. Im happy with 3k, no need for a 4k in a long time.

Thanks, ill make sure i refer to the manual.

My case came today, its big lol maybe i should of got a mid tower but im fine with it. Tomorrow the rest will come, except ram. Ram will be here friday............damn antonline.com

My case came today, its big lol maybe i should of got a mid tower but im fine with it. Tomorrow the rest will come, except ram. Ram will be here friday............damn antonline.com

What case did you get?

What case did you get?

enthoo pro..........you recommended lol forgot already. Its a beauty  and very customizable.

enthoo pro..........you recommended lol forgot already. Its a beauty  and very customizable.

Yeah it is nice.  You can almost take the whole thing apart, lol.  Easy to repaint pink if you wanted to.  :huh:

Yeah it is nice.  You can almost take the whole thing apart, lol.  Easy to repaint pink if you wanted to.  :huh:

lol only pink, why not rainbow. hahaha

just got the rest hardware today, ram is coming on friday. Can i still run the computer to see if everything is working correctly without ram? every item i got came in a box but the hard drvie and blue ray drive came with a plastic cover, is this normal?

just got the rest hardware today, ram is coming on friday. Can i still run the computer to see if everything is working correctly without ram? every item i got came in a box but the hard drvie and blue ray drive came with a plastic cover, is this normal?

It won't post without RAM, no bios.  Do you have any old DDR3 RAM lying around?

Hard drive in a plastic cover, I can see this as being somewhat normal.  I would rather have it sent in a cardboard box at least.  If they work, no big deal. 

It won't post without RAM, no bios.  Do you have any old DDR3 RAM lying around?

Hard drive in a plastic cover, I can see this as being somewhat normal.  I would rather have it sent in a cardboard box at least.  If they work, no big deal. 

This is nmy first desktop, no extra hardware lying around. theres no upc code label on the plastic anywhere but the hard drive plastic cover is sealed. Blue ray drive came in a cheap white thin plastic cover also no upc label

scary :D

Ram came early, ill be reading the mobo manual tonight and get familiar with it and start building tomorrow. Also i have to run to walmart or something to get a copy of window 7, my college stop selling os couple years ago....

Ram came early, ill be reading the mobo manual tonight and get familiar with it and start building tomorrow. Also i have to run to walmart or something to get a copy of window 7, my college stop selling os couple years ago....

Good luck.  Take your time, and if something goes wrong... don't freak out... but it will be fine =).

Good luck.  Take your time, and if something goes wrong... don't freak out... but it will be fine =).

Stay tuned, might need help on the way, ill also post a pic with the completed build lol

Had to hold off on the build due to work, so its valentines and i dont have anyone lol. Its the perfect night to build my computer.

Had to hold off on the build due to work, so its valentines and i dont have anyone lol. Its the perfect night to build my computer.

So you are starting now?  :)