My Build Help

winkawak

Lol i guess ill find out soon. Got a tracking number for h60 but its not in system yet. Hopefully it wont take more than 3 days.

So all wire and hardware are mounted, everything looks pretty good double checked everything and made sure everything is connected and installed correctly. This took me 1.5 days lol, had alot of learning i had to do through the process. My next build will be a breeze but who knows when that will be unless bad mobo from start....

So all wire and hardware are mounted, everything looks pretty good double checked everything and made sure everything is connected and installed correctly. This took me 1.5 days lol, had alot of learning i had to do through the process. My next build will be a breeze but who knows when that will be unless bad mobo from start....

It is going to work just fine, I believe!

Yeah, you get better as you get more familiar with the process.  This build will last a long while.  What I suggest is looking at fully modded builds.  By the time a newer build is needed you can do a really beautiful custom build.

DSC02395_zpsbc9bfb6c.jpg

http://www.overclock.net/t/1422597/build-log-corsair-c70-with-twin-xspc-ax360s

Modded build like what? Btw i know this is probably nothing but some connectors like 24pin mobo power connector or usb3 connector...etc takes alot of force to get it fully seated. I see the board bend or flex so slightly while pressure is applied to seat the connectors.

The link you provided is so overkill, i dont know if im knowledgeable enough to pull something like that off. My next messing around will be overclocking of cpu,ram and gpu.

Modded build like what? Btw i know this is probably nothing but some connectors like 24pin mobo power connector or usb3 connector...etc takes alot of force to get it fully seated. I see the board bend or flex so slightly while pressure is applied to seat the connectors.

The link you provided is so overkill, i dont know if im knowledgeable enough to pull something like that off. My next messing around will be overclocking of cpu,ram and gpu.

The bending the board part always scares me.  Did you hear any cracking sound?

Overkill today, but in 4-5 years when you want a new PC, you might want that little extra by then.

No cracking sound but some connector on mobo like hdd saver when touched it has a single pop/crack sound.H60 wont be coming until saturday....

Ups delayed my package now its tuesday......im so mad, my computer has been sitting there for a week now.

I waited two weeks for my GPU (Radeon 5850) on my first build.

btw what do i do when i turn computer on for the first time? how do i install os to ssd?

btw what do i do when i turn computer on for the first time? how do i install os to ssd?

Go into your bios and check temperatures, make sure everything is cool.  If everything is okay, look around a bit. 

If you have an optical drive then just check on boot priority to make sure it is in the list, first on the list actually.  Then pop in the windows disk and exit the bios, you computer will restart.

Just wait for the windows disk to kick in and install the OS.

thats under 104f seems high no? how hot does it get under stress and consider normal? btw thanks youre very helpful like usual. I should be getting the fan tmrw. I stopped by walmart today thinking i could pick up a window 7 home premium 64bit i was wrong. Ill need to drive to beat buy which is like 30min away.

thats under 104f seems high no? how hot does it get under stress and consider normal? btw thanks youre very helpful like usual. I should be getting the fan tmrw. I stopped by walmart today thinking i could pick up a window 7 home premium 64bit i was wrong. Ill need to drive to beat buy which is like 30min away.

It is not ideal, I actually expect you to see your CPU around 30.  Under 40 is a good rule.

the msi gtx970 i got is already oc, can i oc more? also is cpu temp the only hardware i need to look out for?

the msi gtx970 i got is already oc, can i oc more? also is cpu temp the only hardware i need to look out for?

Well, I would use it first.  If you are getting satisfying quality and high FPS, why would you OC the 970? 

Look at everything, CPU, GPU, Harddrives, CPU Socket...no part should be over 40.

i was curious if msi gpu were fixed. whats the normal range of temp should i see when underload?

i was curious if msi gpu were fixed. whats the normal range of temp should i see when underload?

Under 60 is great.  I mean 100% load.

no store around sells windows 7 except tiger direct which is 45mins away. Im thinking about purchasibg one through download. Will this work? will i benefit from the pro version?

no store around sells windows 7 except tiger direct which is 45mins away. Im thinking about purchasibg one through download. Will this work? will i benefit from the pro version?

Buy online, get a usb installer thingy.  Instead of booting from a disk, you boot through your usb stick... no big deal.  Watch a video or something to get comfortable.  You don't need Pro... it has some features that are useful every now and then, but you can get those functions through good "Freeware".

home only supports 16gb of ram, pro up to 192gb i think. I might need higher than 16gb in future for 3d rendering?

btw the fan came with preapplied paste on heat sink, do i need to add paste top of cpu?

ok its up and running no os installed yet. I had to press power to shut it off as bios didnt have shut down option, will it cause damage? cpu was at 42 and mobo was at 32 temp. all fans were running except gpu. for boot up prority they didnt have usb as option only ssd and disk drive

btw the fan came with preapplied paste on heat sink, do i need to add paste top of cpu?

No, either is fine. You don't add more.  You have to wipe the original layer off first.

ok its up and running no os installed yet. I had to press power to shut it off as bios didnt have shut down option, will it cause damage? cpu was at 42 and mobo was at 32 temp. all fans were running except gpu. for boot up prority they didnt have usb as option only ssd and disk drive

The CPU will run a bit hot until the thermal paste sets.  It won't damage the PC, turning it off.

Was the usb stick in the usb slot?  I believe it should show up.