My Build Help

winkawak

I was thinking in this day and age cant go wrong with a blue ray drive or have the ability to burn bd. The one you have is 10$ less but cant burn bd, i dont know when ill need to burn bd but 10$ more to haveability to burn bd is not bad. As for the OS ill call tomorrow at my college, last time i heard they have deals for college students. So with BD drive will bring my total to $1,630.

I was thinking in this day and age cant go wrong with a blue ray drive or have the ability to burn bd. The one you have is 10$ less but cant burn bd, i dont know when ill need to burn bd but 10$ more to haveability to burn bd is not bad. As for the OS ill call tomorrow at my college, last time i heard they have deals for college students. So with BD drive will bring my total to $1,630.

No one burns Blue Ray =D.  How much do blanks even cost?

No one burns Blue Ray =D.  How much do blanks even cost?

lol no idea and dont know if i ever will use it but its only 10$ less, to me its silly not have this feature for $10 if it makes sense hahaha. Just saw the price on blanks, not that bad.

Btw is there a point for waiting for the new intel 5th gen broadwell? -apprently i7 will be more than enough for now and future

I forgot where i saw it at but is it true the asrock fatal1ty x99x with i75820k can only do 2sli instead of 3? Nm i found in order to do 3way sli you need cpu that has 40 lanes.

Btw is there a point for waiting for the new intel 5th gen broadwell? -apprently i7 will be more than enough for now and future

I forgot where i saw it at but is it true the asrock fatal1ty x99x with i75820k can only do 2sli instead of 3? Nm i found in order to do 3way sli you need cpu that has 40 lanes.

You can do 3 SLI if the board has the PCI-E slots, but the performance begins to diminish much more than just 2 cards.  1 @ x16  -  2 @ x8 x 8  -  3 @ x8 x4 x4 (I think)

I don't know much about the Broadwell/Skylake/Hashwell releases, it could be a year away.

Trying to order from newegg is beyond frustrating, 2 different cards keep getting denied and i know all the info is correct and my credit line is more than adequate for the purchase. Waited 45min for service chat to end up telling me to call my credit card provider. Which i did and after i gave me social,date of birth and phone number they will still not letting me access my account. They wanted to send me a text with code and wanted me to read it back...............i told her exactly like this "really, didnt i just gave you my social, date of birth and phone number which im also calling you on, why the hell do you need send me a text" "You know what, ill just wont make a purchase with this card" "please cancel my card" Then she goes talking more about how security and this and that. I was so angry, i hung up, ill just stop by the bank to cancel. All the credit card company i had in the past never had this problem, apparently master card is pain in the ass.

Ill just buy the parts from amazon since i never had any problems ordering from them and they have been great since day 1.

All order went through, ill be getting it within a week.

All order went through, ill be getting it within a week.

Very nice.  If I have not said it yet...

Good luck with the parts!  :)

Very nice.  If I have not said it yet...

Good luck with the parts!  :)

What will be the best output wire connection to use?

I want to fully ultilize my acer gn246h 144hz refresh rate

Any suggestion for a good/resonable priced mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse?

Hows corsair k70 cherry mx red and logitech g502 proteus?

What will be the best output wire connection to use?

I want to fully ultilize my acer gn246h 144hz refresh rate

Any suggestion for a good/resonable priced mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse?

Hows corsair k70 cherry mx red and logitech g502 proteus?

Your options for 144 Hz are DVI (no audio), and Display Port (with audio).

You can find good mechanical keyboards for around $100.  Spending more right now is frivolous.  RGB elements get old fast.  Simple back lighting can be useful, but it is up to you.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-keyboard-sgk4011gkcr1us

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/ducky-keyboard-dk2108buslla

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/ducky-keyboard-dk2108ruslla

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-keyboard-ch9000069na

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/logitech-keyboard-920003887

TBH, I have never had one.  I used an old HP keyboard from a Pentium D system for 8 years.  I see these prices, and grab a $10 keyboard.

The G502 is a great mouse.  I use a CM Storm Inferno, and I have a G602.

so dvi and dispaly port both support 144hz?

my monitor dont have speakers so im using external ones.

Right now i have 8gb of ram and lets say i need 16gb in future for rendering, can i just add 8 more gb to it or i have to get a complet new set of 16gb?

so dvi and dispaly port both support 144hz?

my monitor dont have speakers so im using external ones.

Right now i have 8gb of ram and lets say i need 16gb in future for rendering, can i just add 8 more gb to it or i have to get a complet new set of 16gb?

Yes both work.

Did you order 2 4GB sticks, or 1 8GB stick.  Either way, you just have to grab more.  You have at least 4 slots on the motherboard.

I got 8gb 2x4, so if i want 16 gb i just get another 8gb 2x4 and it will work?

One thing I did not recommend is a fan controller.  I usually don't because of people's budgets.  I normally include one in my PCs.  I like to be able to slow down fans and even turn them off.

I have this in my current system:  http://pcpartpicker.com/part/bitfenix-fan-controller-bfarcnksrp

sorry for the delay, this control the case fan?

Btw i forgot to ask, does the cpu come with thermal paste in the box?

sorry for the delay, this control the case fan?

Btw i forgot to ask, does the cpu come with thermal paste in the box?

Yeah, stock coolers and most aftermarket coolers come with thermal paste.  You can grab a cheap of better paste if you want.  I can't really recommend any off hand...I have a tube of Arctic Silver 5.

Yeah, the controller controls any fans you have in your case.  My 140mm are at full speed because they are quiet, the rest are controlled.  My CPU fan is on the motherboard and controlled by a program called Speedfan.

I dont really see a point of fan controll unless its super loud. Then again if its that loud its most likely under alot of stress which can be normal.

Ill see when i get  my parts, as of right now i cant wait to get my parts lol.

I dont really see a point of fan controll unless its super loud. Then again if its that loud its most likely under alot of stress which can be normal.

Ill see when i get  my parts, as of right now i cant wait to get my parts lol.

Don't forget, the case fans run at 100% unlees they have a 4-pin PWM connector (not molex 4-pin).

Don't forget, the case fans run at 100% unlees they have a 4-pin PWM connector (not molex 4-pin).

The phantek enthoo pro case comes with 3 pin fans.

The phantek enthoo pro case comes with 3 pin fans.

It just depends how loud they are.  I doubt they are really loud, probably around 25 dbA.

There are other options for slowing fans down like splitters that lower the current to each fan, but in the end a controller does a better job...  only if you feel you need one down the road.

3 vs 4pin, is 4 pin better than 3 pin in cooling the case.

3 vs 4pin, is 4 pin better than 3 pin in cooling the case.

4-pin, or PWM, has that extra pin that is in charge of speed control (software control).