Pc useless without internet?

Viking Kong

Text stuff and excel (shuld stop bringing work with me) music, looooots of music

and of course i do play sp games very often

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

personally,

its not USELESS...

other than gaming about 30% of the time, all i do is work and research. (with youtube/anime on in the backround) 

seeing as i only do a few things with the internet, but i do them so much that i believe internet access to be required. (also you kinda cant use a new one without internet)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Yeah I had Comcast, even the same speed as you

Ah man those speeds are fast speeds in the good Ol' U.S.A.

Here in the UK we get slow speeds like on Sky 4095873580.png

Back in the mid to late 90's we did not use the internet much to play games as it was slow, expensive and hugged the only phone line in the house, now you can get multi support connectors and way faster internet speed's but still can cost a lot, best deals come in the all in one package deals these day's.

Cry Havoc!

Without internet I wouldn't be able to access linustechtips forum. Not cool.

No, that's why local accounts exists and chrome books are somewhat not in the trend. Even on smartphones not everybody uses the internet connection ..  :)

Internet however changed the way we digest the data.. When was the last time you searched in a text book for a specific information?

Well, not having the internet would mean that I wouldn't use my pc inbetween work and gaming, but it wouldn't be quite useless ^^

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Seriously? You that smart phone you have, it makes calls ya know.

Living room LAN matches FTW

I'm very productive without the internet as I don't use my computer and actually do stuff, but I love my computer and the internet is a necessity otherwise the computer gets boring very quick.

Soo many games, not enough money to get any.

This reminds me that I will have 2 months at 1mbps during the summer

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

This reminds me that I will have 2 months at 1mbps during the summer

1Mbps...no.Just no

For me -  PC is practically useless without internet unless its my HTPC and my Home server / File share. 

When i moved into my new house a few years back it was literally HTPC for movies - and PS3 for games offline because i could go buy the full game at a Walmart and play it. 

It was a really bad time for me hehe . 3 months i got stuck without internet figuring out what to get since it had to be setup on a pole for fixed wireless out where i live. 

I used to Download stuff @ work put it on HDD's using a HDD Toaster at work and at home to move TV and Movies around to the Home Server/Fileshare. 

I Haven't used my console really since my Internet was installed 3 years ago. 

If i turned it on now dust would probably blow out the back and it would require 3 hrs of patching. 

Even just small things require internet really in my day to day. 

-----------------

Now Could i live without internet? yea of course but as the title for this thread is , Is your PC useless without internet .. mostly Yes it is.  if you think about it the answers above where people Download stuff ahead of time before loosing internet its basically the same deal for them , Just because they pre-prepared doesn't mean they didn't use internet to do it. 

Maybe if you were a writer or coder you could make due for a short while. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

Well, I'm not normally without internet connection when I use my computer but I do quite a bit of my programming work without using the internet. Most of the resources that I might need if I need to look something up are normally a PDF on the computer or on a book shelf a few feet away from me. Still, the educational facilities I attend don't really allow free roam of their network anyway. More often then not, it gets in the way of productivity instead of actually stopping malicious activity. Oh well, yay for proxies!  :D

I don't get it....how do you just....buy a whole ready made computer?

I actually stack a lot of work for when I don't have internet. Most of what I do on a computer don't involve internet anyway

Yep, I could probably go months without internet, though I'd prefer not to.

505a48e005.png

same , @Viking Kong

, i never had internet for 5 years until  3 years ago 

post-21562-0-76378400-1422481168.jpg

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

For me my computer is useless besides music and Minecraft single player.

i didnt know anyone still played minecraft singleplayer

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

I use my pc all the time offline. I play a ton of offline games and a lot of tv shows. I can write programs and documents offline. 

That's just a few things you can do offline.

Halfbreed

Without internet.......yes

Without LAN....NO!

Home server for everything, and steam stream for the Surface Pro 3

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Tell me about it everything I own is useless without the internet! Even my watch! Unlimited LTE is basically a necessity for me  :D

THE VECTOR:

Intel Core i5-4690 @ stock - Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H - EVGA GTX 770 SC - A-DATA XPG 2.0 16GB 1866 - Cooler Master N200 - Seagate 1 TB Hybrid Drive - Corsair CX600M - ASUS VX238H 23" 1080p

Um... Wut?

Wut wut?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

My pc is my only source of entertainment (media and gaming). I use it to do everything.

Always have games ready to play offline, Alien Isolation, MineCraft, or any RPG game that takes up lots of time?

Thank god for steam offline mode.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  •