What is the most overpriced used tech deal you have ever seen?

Chuck Norris

$175 for 9 year old Dell Inspiron 6000 w/ 1GB RAM 60GB HDD Vista Home Premium

Any used phone with Flappy Bird installed

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

This:

http://morgantown.craigslist.org/sys/4333927356.html

Only $1,400

Its FRESHLY BUILT PERFECT WORKING CONDITION AND SCREEN IS ALSO IN IMPECCABLE CONDITION WITH NO DEAD PIXELS. It has so many features I don't even know where to begin, First off it looks, feels and sounds amazing. its made of steel and this rubber material. It has a carrying handle as well! It has 3 LED intake (sucks air in) 120mm fans (Two stock and one I bought) that look way better than they do in the picture. It also has a huge 200mm top exhaust fan (blows air out) and another 140 rear exhaust fan so it says extremely cool under full load and doesn't make that much sound or make your room temp go up. The front panel lights up red and also has a fan controller to control the speed of the fans (three red lights, less speed=less lights lit up) A button to turn off the red lights on the fans in the front, a hardware and power red LED light, ESATA port, TWO USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0 and power and reset switch. The Rear IO panel has 2 USB 3.0, 4 USB 2.0, Two HDMI ports and then all the other usual stuff. The case has built in removable dust filters ( two on the bottom one on the top and all the front pieces). It also has a secret tool box behind the CM logo at the bottom in the front. The computer screen is a BEAUTIFUL ASUS 24' FULL HD 1080p Screen! It has two built in speaker and multiple modes for screen adjustment. It also has an HDMI port. HARDWARE- To begin ill start off with this thing blows games,Video editing, Videos, music anything you throw at it out of the water. It has A Quad core Processor W/ Gpu (graphics processing unit) built in set up with dual graphics with an HD 6670 Discrete card so it basically has the graphics of two computers! It also has an aftermarket Heat sink and fan(CPU Cooler). It has 1000GB of space! with 8 Gigs of gaming ram, A CD,DVD burner and a 500 Watt Power supply unit! 

-Hardware specifics
-Windows 7
-FM2 socket MoBo MSI Millitary class III
-AMD A-10 RICHLAND APU OC to 4.4Ghz
-8 Gigs Ram of Sniper 2133Mhz can be OC as well
-XFX Radeon HD 6670 GPU with 2gb of DDR3 can be OC
-Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler WITH ARCTIC SILVER THERMAL PASTE
-1 TB hard drive 7200 rpm
-120mm RED LED case fan by cooler master 2000 rpm
-Thermaltake PSU TR2 500W

2500USD

For this system:

i5 2500 stock

GTX 560 TI

8 Gigs ram

1 TB HDD

2500 USD was the crazy seller asking for:)

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

So I was at my local thrift store looking for games for my video game collection when i saw some terrible deals. Here they are:

A mac for $700(not $70)

9140705028_903762b669_c.jpg

An xbox 360 for $200

9138478983_0c5854a90e_b.jpg

Alienware in general. NEVER, EVER make that mistake like i did.

As per an ebay post (scam computer) for $6100 you can get the amazing computer of 

- i7 920

- 2 gb DDR3 RAM

- 250W PSU   ....................................................................>.> I didnt know they came this small

- "so called" Ultra Powerfull ATI RAGEIIc 3D GPU     .........I think this was one of the first gpus ati ever brought to market, not to mention its a pci gpu

- 36gb Harddrive

- Custom Liquid cooling......................................................Custom as in dumping Koolaid over your PC?

- Custom PC case 

- Windows ME..................... ...............................................(Barfs)

- Modem Card.....................................................................(Huh?)

Its these kind of ebay sellers than make me want to reach through my screen and knock them upside the head, as they are just blatent attempts at scamming for anyone with the slightest clue about pc hardware, not to mention most of the hardware dosent work together, or is so antiquated there would be no functionality.

But it is great for gaming since its GPU is ultra powerful and it has an I7 oh and it consumes so little power too!

For $900:

i7-2600K
16 GB RAM
2 TB HDD
BD-ROM
6670 1GB (that they say needs to be repaired)

They say it was built in 2012 for $1700.

$900 and NO SSD?

This local woman wants $38 for a 2001 Compaq Presario 5310US Celeron 1.2 GHz 256MB RAM (yes, megabytes!!!!) 40GB UltraDMA w/ monitor, mouse and keyboard.

SOCKET 370!!!!! P3 Era!!! This thing is less than worthless. it might be in the negatives!!!

The keyboard is sweet, so i'm trying to get it off her for nickels. Also the monitor is from 2005, but it be good for my linux laptop.

honestly, 38 for checking email and such might be a deal for some. even though its rare

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

I once saw your mother on sale for over $0.10! (Shameless mother joke) But actually I have seen an ipod nano for over $200 before.

(SpecsCPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7850 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte H81M-S2PV RAM: 4GB Storage: 2TB WD HDD

(Peripherals) Keyboard: Corsair K95 Mouse: Zowie EC2-A Headset: Audio-Technica ATH-M50X's Microphone: Blue Snowball

$175 for one of those crappy 2002 OptiPlexes, probably Socket 478 GX260's w/  printer/serial/vga/ps2 ports, CD-ROM and floppy. They also threw in the crappy cheap-o optiplex monitor and printer, probably also from 2002.

$120 for a P4 Dell Dimension 4550 w/ crappy dell monitor, speakers and keyboard/mouse

Monster cables or anything on jimms.fi/gigantti(el-giganten/elkjøp)/expert (for those of you who know them)

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/earlwood/desktops/new-custom-gaming-computer-free-watercooling-/1042303288?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Active-goods&mpch=ads

This 'beast' which has apparently never been used

3.1 GHz i5

8 GB RAM

1 TB WD HDD

Blu Ray Drive

Sapphire R7 240... I will say that again. R7 240

Liquid cooled CPU

some not too amazing case from thermaltake

Only AU $1350.00

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/earlwood/desktops/new-custom-gaming-computer-free-watercooling-/1042303288?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Active-goods&mpch=ads

This 'beast' which has apparently never been used

3.1 GHz i5

8 GB RAM

1 TB WD HDD

Blu Ray Drive

Sapphire R7 240... I will say that again. R7 240

Liquid cooled CPU

some not too amazing case from thermaltake

Only AU $1350.00

D: WHAT!

PROFILEYEAH

What do people even put in these things?

AMD cards at $1000...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Gumtree.com.au

Aussie version of Craigslist

So many P4 2.4-2.8's for $300 and such.. Garbage I wouldnt even build for anyone.....

Why do people keep calling it the Australian craigslist? 

Craigslist has sub-sections for every capital city in Australia already.

May as well just call it 'generic site where people sell shit for too much'

Why do people keep calling it the Australian craigslist? 

Craigslist has sub-sections for every capital city in Australia already.

May as well just call it 'generic site where people sell shit for too much'

Because Aussies DO NOT use craigslist by default, they use Gumtree.

Thats why Aussies call gumtree the craigslist alternative, because most people find gumtree first.

We both could go and ask "Whats the cheapest way to advertise/sell something online, alternative to ebay?"

Gumtree is the Aussie's answer.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Gumtree is owned by ebay also, go to ebay for things, if your in aus,chances are youll end up on gumtree..

Corsair Graphite 230T Case , AMD A8 6600K 4-Core Processor cooled by a CoolerMaster Hyper 212X CPU Cooler, MSI A88X G45 Gaming Motherboard, Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB 2133Mhz, Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Dual-X OC 3GB, Samsung 840 EVO Series 120GB SSD + Western Digital WD Green 1TB + 3x Toshiba 500GB HDD, Corsair CS750M Modular PSU,all cooled with 4 Case fans, Displayed in 1080p on a 50" Samsung LED Smart TV