What is the most overpriced used tech deal you have ever seen?

Chuck Norris

So I was at my local thrift store looking for games for my video game collection when i saw some terrible deals. Here they are:

A mac for $700(not $70)

9140705028_903762b669_c.jpg

An xbox 360 for $200

9138478983_0c5854a90e_b.jpg

My rig: Cpu: AMD 8350 | Cooler: Corsair h100i with Noctua nf-f12 fans | Ram: 8gb 1600 corsair vengeance | Hard Drive: 2x 1tb wd drives in raid 1 | SSd: 128gb plextor m5p  | Motherboard: asrock extreme9  | Graphics card: amd 7850 2gb | Power Supply: ocz modular | Case: cooler master cm 690 ii          Peripherals: | Monitor: x-star 1440p | Mic: blue snowball  | Keyboard: Flashget G600  | Mouse: No name |

$1400 for a used alienware pc

THAT WAS 2 YEARS OLD

Insomnia!

Taking down airplanes with gameboys

I see a lot of used laptops on craigslist going for what new ones go for, a P4 based going for $600 for example.

This local woman wants $38 for a 2001 Compaq Presario 5310US Celeron 1.2 GHz 256MB RAM (yes, megabytes!!!!) 40GB UltraDMA w/ monitor, mouse and keyboard.

SOCKET 370!!!!! P3 Era!!! This thing is less than worthless. it might be in the negatives!!!

The keyboard is sweet, so i'm trying to get it off her for nickels. Also the monitor is from 2005, but it be good for my linux laptop.

This moron on craigslist wants $150 for a 2005 Dell Dimension E310 Pentium 4 521 HT LGA775 80GB HD SATA 1GB DDR2, 17" Monitor, speakers, mouse and keyboard.

Barely worth $25.

I was at cash converters the other week while waiting for the bus, i couldn't resist a quick gander at the computer section. I got rather excited when i was a mac that looked to be in quite good condition, found a price tag that said $250.

Most normal people would probably nerdgasm over a $250 mac, but no, i knew there was something more to this.... After a look around i found another sticker saying that the graphics card was broken and there was no hard drive (which obviously means no OSX).

I was offered a Mac for a penny, still turned it down.

You made the right decision :)

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Jackass on craigslists wants $60 for a 9 year old emachine with a crappy NetBurst Celeron 340. not even worth $5 (to me at least).

550 euros for an LGA771 Xeon. Another guy on the same site is selling same cpus for 15 euros a piece.

2nd hand "ultimate gaming PC" with core 2 duo and a gtx 240 for 1000 $ sooooooooooooooooo  yeah. And even the case wasn't good xD I'd post a link but it's not on English or with dollars so I'll save you the trouble.

piece of cake:

everytime I go thru ebay for some item

I usually select: Lower Price + Shipping

But sometimes (Just for fun) I click the next Option: Higher price + Shipping

Results are always Insane

2x2GB DDR3-1333 crappy samsung ram for $50 craiglists! Get it $15 cheaper on newegg free shipping ($20 less for single stick 4GB)

As per an ebay post (scam computer) for $6100 you can get the amazing computer of 

- i7 920

- 2 gb DDR3 RAM

- 250W PSU   ....................................................................>.> I didnt know they came this small

- "so called" Ultra Powerfull ATI RAGEIIc 3D GPU     .........I think this was one of the first gpus ati ever brought to market, not to mention its a pci gpu

- 36gb Harddrive

- Custom Liquid cooling......................................................Custom as in dumping Koolaid over your PC?

- Custom PC case 

- Windows ME..................... ...............................................(Barfs)

- Modem Card.....................................................................(Huh?)

Its these kind of ebay sellers than make me want to reach through my screen and knock them upside the head, as they are just blatent attempts at scamming for anyone with the slightest clue about pc hardware, not to mention most of the hardware dosent work together, or is so antiquated there would be no functionality.

I have recently seen a blackberry mobile which i say that is the highest costed gadget i have ever seen

jackass on cl wants "$300 obo" for a "custom built" computer: celeron d cpu, asus 775 mobo, 512MB RAM, 500GB HD,  no PSU keyboard monitor or mouse.

Gumtree.com.au
Aussie version of Craigslist

So many P4 2.4-2.8's for $300 and such.. Garbage I wouldnt even build for anyone.....

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Another CL wants $90 for a OptiPlex GX620.  $20 would be generous