Enthusiast and Gaming Mouse Owners Club

I never really say a place in logitech's line for the G500 or G500s as it was like a poorly updated MX518.

Yeah the MX518 was the best, and now logitech makes "okay" mice they are not the best and they are not the worst.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

So you like the G700/s?

I do still like it but it's outdated and for me hasn't has the best reliability (G button wise). From shortly after the G700 launched to when the G602 launched I used anywhere from 2-4 of them across all my systems. It's actually the mouse that brought me back from using a trackball as my main pointing device.

Now days I couldn't use a trackball if I wanted since most of the best ones have not been updated to have decent CPI and the ones have have are poor designs. I want to see a G700 x G502 touching the shape as little as possible and bringing the weight down as much as possible.

I do still have 2 G700s's one is on my multi-boot diagnostic system Dry Bones and the other in my laptop backpack. It's very useful on Dry Bones because it can store 5 hardware profiles which include macros. This is because it predates the Logitech G software when there wasn't direct software control and profile switching. I basically program it once in the main OS and everything carries over to the others without even needing a driver.

I do still like it but it's outdated and for me hasn't has the best reliability (G button wise). From shortly after the G700 launched to when the G602 launched I used anywhere from 2-4 of them across all my systems. It's actually the mouse that brought me back from using a trackball as my main pointing device.

Now days I couldn't use a trackball if I wanted since most of the best ones have not been updated to have decent CPI and the ones have have are poor designs. I want to see a G700 x G502 touching the shape as little as possible and bringing the weight down as much as possible.

I do still have 2 G700s's one is on my multi-boot diagnostic system Dry Bones and the other in my laptop backpack. It's very useful on Dry Bones because it can store 5 hardware profiles which include macros. This is because it predates the Logitech G software when there wasn't direct software control and profile switching. I basically program it once in the main OS and everything carries over to the others without even needing a driver.

I really dont like the G700 because of the buttons on top of the mouse. It haas never really been my cup of tea, for the me best logitech mouse is the MX518 and the G500 not the s

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Yeah the MX518 was the best, and now logitech makes "okay" mice they are not the best and they are not the worst.

Well, from an objective standpoint, they are unfortunately the best, altough given their capabilities nothing less should be expected and not even a handful comes close.

Well, from an objective standpoint, they are unfortunately the best, altough given their capabilities nothing less should be expected and not even a handful comes close.

I would not say logitech is the best, there are many mice that has a bette sensor. Many of their mice has a button on the top and the can be really annoying, they don't make any really simple mice for pure FPS games(that are still big), the build quality over the last couple years has been going down.

I would not say logitech is the best, there are many mice that has a bette sensor. Many of their mice has a button on the top and the can be really annoying, they don't make any really simple mice for pure FPS games(that are still big), the build quality over the last couple years has been going down.

Logitech G303, small, relatively light has PMW3366 sensor (also found in G502) which is technically the best gaming sensor on the market currently.

Which are subjective points. ;)

Logitech G303, small, relatively light has PMW3366 sensor (also found in G502) which is technically the best gaming sensor on the market currently.

It is not only the sensor, it is also their FW coding abilities which are resulting in very fast data transfer.

PMW3366 is not the best sensor i have seen the g502 when you lift it then it wants to move the mouse up to the left and in low DPI it's not that precise, I have never had that problem or seen that problem with a deathadder 2013 or MX518.

Which are subjective points. ;)

It is not only the sensor, it is also their FW coding abilities which are resulting in very fast data transfer.

And how can the sensor thing be subjective?

I know some pro gamers and they say the same thing.

They just prefer the delay of smoothing, or if ill be an arse i would say that they actually cant handle something that is truly 1ms fast.

So a pro CSGO player cant handle that 1ms fast. I have talked to them about what mice they like, they said that the MX518 and the G500 was the last great FPS mice that came from Logitech the rest has just been good or okay.

So a pro CSGO player cant handle that 1ms fast. I have talked to them about what mice they like, they said that the MX518 and the G500 was the last great FPS mice that came from Logitech the rest has just been good or okay.

And here you have a pro telling you otherwise.

Also the hard facts say no to this statement, MX518´s A3080/A3080E had anglesnapping and the mouse was limited to 125hz and G500 used S9500 which was also placed awkwardly in the front.

Also the hard facts say no to this statement, MX518´s A3080/A3080E had anglesnapping and the mouse was limited to 125hz and G500 used S9500 which was also placed awkwardly in the front.

Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that Logitech does not make the best mice anymore, there where a time were they where the best, but not today, and those two mice where great at the time when they came out, I love Logitech but they are not a best company right now, almost all companies has one or two mice where there is a sensor without that angle snapping (little to none), but right now Logitech feels like they dont know what kind of gaming mice they want to make. It does not feel like they really take the time to make the mouse perfect anymore. All of the pro FPS players i have talked to think that they should just make a simple big mouse like the mx518 where the extra buttons aren't that big or are there at all

I think it's great that we are having this talk.

Have you ever tried the FinalMouse? I would love to try that mouse

I really dont like the G700 because of the buttons on top of the mouse. It haas never really been my cup of tea, for the me best logitech mouse is the MX518 and the G500 not the s

It has some of the best ergonomics of any mouse as it come from the lineage of the MX Revolution. Both of those mice are liked due to their shape but now days have poor sensors. Also in my opinion they have poor button layout.

I would not say logitech is the best, there are many mice that has a bette sensor. Many of their mice has a button on the top and the can be really annoying, they don't make any really simple mice for pure FPS games(that are still big), the build quality over the last couple years has been going down.

They always make solid mice which I can't say about other MFG's. They are not known to make simple mice for their flagship. I quite like the button layouts on G502 and G402 but the 402 isn't as good since the buttons are a smaller.

PMW3366 is not the best sensor i have seen the g502 when you lift it then it wants to move the mouse up to the left and in low DPI it's not that precise, I have never had that problem or seen that problem with a deathadder 2013 or MX518.

Technically speaking it is the best sensor... Thee have been minor complaints from the hardcore but that with everything.

Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that Logitech does not make the best mice anymore, there where a time were they where the best, but not today, and those two mice where great at the time when they came out, I love Logitech but they are not a best company right now, almost all companies has one or two mice where there is a sensor without that angle snapping (little to none), but right now Logitech feels like they dont know what kind of gaming mice they want to make. It does not feel like they really take the time to make the mouse perfect anymore. All of the pro FPS players i have talked to think that they should just make a simple big mouse like the mx518 where the extra buttons aren't that big or are there at all

The market is larger then just FPS and more than people than just play one game. I think they have some great offerings. Ergonomically non of them really fit me especially when weight is considered. They have always been on the heavier side so this is expected my tastes have just changed.

I was seriously impressed by the G502 when it launched but changed away from it as my tastes shifted. Always loved the DA but never used it as my main. I think some of those tastes showing through.

For fingertip and even some claw users the G303 is an amazing mouse. And some small revisions to the G402 into a G403 would make me come back and take another look.

Have you ever tried the FinalMouse? I would love to try that mouse

Ergonomically for Palm grip it's poor so it gets a pass from me. Still wouldn't mind owning one though.

@TheProfosist

Because i love ball mice, and saw your post, i just ordered a semi broken Razer boomslang for 15$. The ball doesn't stay in. Nothing a little glue can't fix.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

@TheProfosist

Because i love ball mice, and saw your post, i just ordered a semi broken Razer boomslang for 15$. The ball doesn't stay in. Nothing a little glue can't fix.

The once I got had defunct click wise and basically unrepairable from when I cracked it open.

Thought some of you might be interested in this, my favorite trackball the CH DT255. These are both the USB variant which is actually programmed using flight sim software. Sadly even doubling the cpi it only hits 400cpi which with my setup is no where near enough.

Dual%20USB%20DT225s%20thumb.jpg

Well, buttons as said are preferences and therefore subjective, they arent in the way for me and i personally only care for performance anyway, and 3310/3988 cant deliver the same performance as 3366 or AM010 simply due to smoothing, which obviously doesnt impact slow FPS much, to me it was the same with A9500 ok/good for CS but not for other shooters.

Have you ever tried the FinalMouse? I would love to try that mouse

There is no reason to try it, it has already been proven that its crap, its firmware adds delay on top of 3310´s smoothing.

My boomslang should be here Thursday

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

• 2 weeks later...

The Rival 700 got announced today. - https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-700

steelseries_rival700_img4.jpg__1600x784_

Seems like it has the public version of the PMW3366 sensor. It's fairly shorter than the Rival 300.

What are your thoughts on it?

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

The Rival 700 got announced today. - https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-700

Seems like it has the public version of the PMW3366 sensor. It's fairly shorter than the Rival 300.

What are your thoughts on it?

It counts your headshots? Well, that'll suck for Silvers. Teehee. 

Other than that, I really wish people would stop putting the DPI button on the top of mice, or like Logitech, on the side of the left click. 

I'm just looking forward to the new Zowie mice to arrive in the UK. Not much has changed with those, but it's Zowie. :P

EDIT: Woah, woah, woah, you can change the sensor? Ok, this is more interesting than I thought. Just sort of skimmed over it before, because Steelseries mice don't usually impress me.

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It counts your headshots? Well, that'll suck for Silvers. Teehee. 

Other than that, I really wish people would stop putting the DPI button on the top of mice, or like Logitech, on the side of the left click. 

I'm just looking forward to the new Zowie mice to arrive in the UK. Not much has changed with those, but it's Zowie. :P

EDIT: Woah, woah, woah, you can change the sensor? Ok, this is more interesting than I thought. Just sort of skimmed over it before, because Steelseries mice don't usually impress me.

It even has vibration. :D 

I like the shape and the sensor it has is basically the best out there. The option to change the sensor and cable is pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to it because of that. The separated LMB and RMB are pretty nice too. 

I'm looking forward the new Zowie mice too. The fact they have Omron switches makes them perfect imo. I doubt I'll see them available here if they don't get sold under the BenQ brand. I could't find any Zowie mice here (wanted an FK1) and ended up getting a Rival. 

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

It even has vibration. :D

I like the shape and the sensor it has is basically the best out there. The option to change the sensor and cable is pretty interesting, I'm looking forward to it because of that. The separated LMB and RMB are pretty nice too. 

I'm looking forward the new Zowie mice too. The fact they have Omron switches makes them perfect imo. I doubt I'll see them available here if they don't get sold under the BenQ brand. I could't find any Zowie mice here (wanted an FK1) and ended up getting a Rival. 

And if I were to get the Rival 700, the vibration setting would be turned off instantly. Could you imagine that while trying to spray in CS? Even if it's only subtle, it would be so irritating. 

I'm interested in it for sure, but the size is just a little bit too small for me. 128mm with the high shape of the ZA11 from Zowie is perfect for me. With the height of the Rival 700, it would have to be about 130-132mm in length, but then no one would buy it. 

I'll may pick it up along with the new ZA11 to see what they're both like.  :lol:

Just wont be able to palm it. :(

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"