Enthusiast and Gaming Mouse Owners Club

Ill be picking up a new mouse tomorrow anyone have an idea of what it is?

Do you own the Rival? I'd say give that a shot if you don't. 

I plan to get it when this version goes available. http://www.esportstore.com/mice/steelseries/rival-300-cs-go-fade-edition

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Do you own the Rival? I'd say give that a shot if you don't. 

I plan to get it when this version goes available. http://www.esportstore.com/mice/steelseries/rival-300-cs-go-fade-edition

yea I actually pre-ordered one way back. Its not really my grip style and has soft coat. It is a decent mouse but for people like me I would recommend the enw white glossy which i would like to try.

yea I actually pre-ordered one way back. Its not really my grip style and has soft coat. It is a decent mouse but for people like me I would recommend the enw white glossy which i would like to try.

I'm planning on preordering along with XTRFY's new mouse, though the NiP limited edition version of it. 

http://www.esportstore.com/mice/xtrfy/xg-m2-ninjas-in-pyjamas-le

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I'm planning on preordering along with XTRFY's new mouse, though the NiP limited edition version of it. 

Looks similar to Zowie or a SS Kana

Looks like something between a Sensei Raw and a Zowie, I like it.

Is there a VP edition too?

don't kill me pls

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

Looks similar to Zowie or a SS Kana

That's what I thought, but as NiP used to be sponsored by Steelseries, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to base it off that. 

Looks like something between a Sensei Raw and a Zowie, I like it.

Is there a VP edition too?

don't kill me pls

Nah, XTRFY sponsor NiP and Copenhagen Games.  

That's what I thought, but as NiP used to be sponsored by Steelseries, it wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to base it off that.

Very well could be. Its close to the MS mice too kinda.

Well for those of you that were wondering the mouse I was picking up is the Corsair Scimitar RGB. I just grabbed that and the Strafe RGB for the Cherry MX Silent switches at Best Buy today as they just came in last night. https://goo.gl/hvOmeq

How do the switches feel? Like MX Reds? 

How do the switches feel? Like MX Reds?

Yes as that it what they are. Bottoming out is not as rough though. Compared to a standard red they are significantly quieter.

got a g400s and it's bretty gud

I like the shape but the button layout is very much dated.

I have Razer Abyssus (2011)

Is that the one that recently got replaced?

Is that the one that recently got replaced?

Razer launched a new version of the Abyssus in 2014 and the internals are mostly the same but the shape is different among with a few other minor changes.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

Razer launched a new version of the Abyssus in 2014 and the internals are mostly the same but the shape is different among with a few other minor changes.

That depends on the viewpoint, for the consumer the changes have been better tracking due to better firmware(with new MCU), no/bad interpolation, and the change of the M3 switch from TTC to a cheap Panasonic, but the PCB itself is a lot different.

I too purchased a Scimitar and Strafe.  The Scimitar feels and handles so much better then my now replaced razer Naga. The only complaint I have is that when going to hit the 1 on the side keys took some getting used to. Its great that they added horizontal movement but wish the buttons were just a bit higher so my thumb is not struggling to press 1. Also it took me some time to figure out how to make the buttons work because the Naga comes ready to go out of the box.  You will have to map the keys for each button, easy once you figure it out but a pain to have to do it 12 times, took a bit.  

Ive been waiting for the scimitar sense I heard it was coming out and man was it worth the wait.  Was having too many problems with razer nagas but was the only mouse out there at the time able to get the job done. P.S. will never go back to razer too many hang ups and stutters. 

i7 5820k, Asus Deluxe x99 3.1 board, 2 Strix980tis Sli, Intel 480gb SSD, 4T WD Black, Asus PG278Q, Acer xb271hu, UpDesk! 

I too purchased a Scimitar and Strafe.  The Scimitar feels and handles so much better then my now replaced razer Naga. The only complaint I have is that when going to hit the 1 on the side keys took some getting used to. Its great that they added horizontal movement but wish the buttons were just a bit higher so my thumb is not struggling to press 1. Also it took me some time to figure out how to make the buttons work because the Naga comes ready to go out of the box.  You will have to map the keys for each button, easy once you figure it out but a pain to have to do it 12 times, took a bit.  

Ive been waiting for the scimitar sense I heard it was coming out and man was it worth the wait.  Was having too many problems with razer nagas but was the only mouse out there at the time able to get the job done. P.S. will never go back to razer too many hang ups and stutters.

I am liking the Scimitar but am having issues with the drives for sure. I need to reset them every now and then otherwise some odd stuff happens.

I do appreciate the nice sensor in the mouse though.

Question for Zowie ZA owners:

How do you clean the side buttons? I realized after a period of time after use my ZA13 gets dirt over side buttons, and since it's a glossy type surface on the side buttons I can understand it gets dirty, but the dirt that gets on the side of the buttons seem pretty hard to clean......is there a simple way to wipe or clean the buttons?

Thanks.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

Question for Zowie ZA owners:

How do you clean the side buttons? I realized after a period of time after use my ZA13 gets dirt over side buttons, and since it's a glossy type surface on the side buttons I can understand it gets dirty, but the dirt that gets on the side of the buttons seem pretty hard to clean......is there a simple way to wipe or clean the buttons?

Thanks.

I use some cheap screen wipes. But to get into the cracks, I use some cotton buds that you'd usually use for your ears. The screen wipes really do clean the mouse well too. 

I use some cheap screen wipes. But to get into the cracks, I use some cotton buds that you'd usually use for your ears. The screen wipes really do clean the mouse well too. 

The cotton buds are thin enough to get into the cracks? O.o Because that's where I'm having most trouble cleaning.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

The cotton buds are thin enough to get into the cracks? O.o Because that's where I'm having most trouble cleaning.

Nah, but they seem to do a good enough job. I sometimes fold the wipes up too, which works well. 

I have Razer Abyssus (2011)

I have an Abyssus mirror edition :D really like the glossy surface as I don't have to ever worry about the rubber surface getting sticky over time

Not sure if this is the appropriate place to request recommendations, so sorry if it isn't! I just don't think a new thread is necessary. 

I bought a DeathAdder Chroma about a year ago, and it started double-clicking around 2 months ago, which thankfully I managed to fix with a firmware update. However, this week it started to miss clicks and occasionally double click again, and I couldn't fix it with firmware nor software updates, tried uninstalling Synapse and all of that, even opened it up to try to clean it, but it didn't help, the left click is still not working properly, so I'm looking for a new mouse. I really really like how the DeathAdder looks and feels, but I'm just not going for it again.

So far the ones I have in mind are the Steelseries Rival, Asus ROG Gladius, Roccat Kone/Kone XTD and the Logitech G402 or G502. I don't like how the Logitech mice look, specially because of the blue color, since I have a red theme on everything else, and I've read they're not great for big hands. The Rival is the main one I'm eyeing right now, because it looks similar to the DeathAdder. Unfortunately, I can't find any mice from Mionix or Zowie on my country. I got a fingertip grip, so I need a light mouse. Also pretty much mainly use it for Dota 2 and general browsing and working.