It's time to reinstall Crysis 1 again.

kuddlesworth9419

There is a new shader pack that has just been released to hammer your nice new machined again. You should use the links in the video's though as I believe they are already configured.

The underwater scenes are the best I have seen in any video game.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=396281

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

apply cold water on burnt gpu

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

I can't wait for people to mod Crysis 3 further. I want to see it exceed the limits. The modding scene is getting there but it's taking a while. The same guy also does some work on Crysis 3. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Never actually played the first one, and then loved the second one. Still need to play the first and third.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I am thinking of crisis 3, is there a good modding community for it? And yes might as well submerge PC in liquid nitrogen!  ;)  :D  :P

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

First was good for a single playthrough, but I can't justify a reinstalling it over upgraded graphics.

Welcome to the Crysis series, where we make computers either die, or become stronger.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Never actually played the first one, and then loved the second one. Still need to play the first and third.

If you thought the second one was good (you are among the very few), then it's only upward from here!  The general opinion of most is that the first one was the best, the second one was the worst, and the third one was mixed, but since it was a vast improvement on 2, it was overall accepted as much better.

However, with the third, it depends on what we are talking about here.  If it's about the story, then forget this game.  But if it's about the gameplay and tech, then 3 is actually good.

If you thought the second one was good (you are among the very few), then it's only upward from here!  The general opinion of most is that the first one was the best, the second one was the worst, and the third one was mixed, but since it was a vast improvement on 2, it was overall accepted as much better.

However, with the third, it depends on what we are talking about here.  If it's about the story, then forget this game.  But if it's about the gameplay and tech, then 3 is actually good.

The funny thing is.

I played 2 on console.....oh the shame. Can't wait to see them on my new monitor running off my 970.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The first Crysis was amazing, the second was just barely fun enough to hold my attention, the third was considerably better than the second but nowhere near as good as the first.
Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

TBH, it looks like crap. There's games out that can trump any modded Crysis now.

And there are many games that are released with graphics that are much worse.....

It's an old game, but a great one.

People are still talking about modding it because it had great graphics, great gameplay mechanics, and a great story.

In other words it was worth actually playing.

And the combination of all three isn't often present.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

TBH, it looks like crap. There's games out that can trump any modded Crysis now.

I would hope so. The game is over 7 years old.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Yeah, the water and clouds looked very nice and all, but all those damn chickens and not one single drop of chicken dookie! Not one drop! I'm disappointed! I guess CryEngine has a hard time rendering chicken dookie! 

:P

I can't wait for people to mod Crysis 3 further. I want to see it exceed the limits. The modding scene is getting there but it's taking a while. The same guy also does some work on Crysis 3

You don't even need to mod Crysis 3 you can increase stuff like shadow resolution,water caustic resolution,draw distance,tessellation distance ect. with the command console.

But it will make your GPU go up in flames xD

http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis3_12.html

RTX2070OC 

the 1st crysis and crysis warhead were the two that were actually enjoyable to play, if you deafened yourself when character dialogue started

crysis 2 and 3 are such atrocities i have lost the ability to even, i feel bad that crytek didnt go bankrupt after all... they deserved the worst after putting out such crap and then blaming piracy for low sales

the 1st crysis and crysis warhead were the two that were actually enjoyable to play, if you deafened yourself when character dialogue started

crysis 2 and 3 are such atrocities i have lost the ability to even, i feel bad that crytek didnt go bankrupt after all... they deserved the worst after putting out such crap and then blaming piracy for low sales

Yep. Crysis 2 and 3 were so bad in comparison to the original. The biggest reason is the console inclusion in the sequels. The original and Warhead were PC only -- and it still shows to this day.

Win10 | Z77 Extreme4 | 3570k | Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+| 16GB Ripjaws | Corsair RM650 | CrucalMX 100 256 x2| Senn HD 558 |BenQ Zowie EC1A| KBP V60 Blues | Acer XB270H |

Crysis 1 is still one of the best looking games ever made.

Yep. Crysis 2 and 3 were so bad in comparison to the original. The biggest reason is the console inclusion in the sequels. The original and Warhead were PC only -- and it still shows to this day.

This is true. .... Please change your avatar pic.

Can you actually play it ?

I have the game on Origin, but I can't install it because the game isn't supported anymore.

I contacted EA support because of this, they made me install several things to get the game, but when I tried to launch it, it was impossible, and the support guy was overwhelmed.

Did you guys find any legit way to play the game on solo once you have it on Origin ?

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless