Is the Galaxy S5 any good?

FruitBasketSilex

Don't get it unless you adore the body. Touchwiz is horrible so you will have to root it. Also HTC One M8 and Nexus 6 are better options.

I like touchwiz, butthole.

I think I'm gonna go with the s5.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

Why?

Touchwiz? Because I'm used to it, and I know it.

S5? Because it'll be faster than the lg g3, and it uses touchwiz, which I am used to.

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313

S5 was alright, had one for a while before moving on to a Xperia Z3. S5's so bloated, had to root it day 1 to clean it all out.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

I don't like apple, and maybe at some point I could root my phone, but right now it seems like black voodoo magic.

Do you happen to have an opinion on these two phones I mentioned?

Well, imo there are no perfect phones, though the 5s comes close, just a matter of which phone sucks the least. If you can, try the both of them out. Each of them will have their own quirks that you have to work with, but which ever is more manageable is the one you should get.

S5 was the least interesting flagship last year, it's just an S4 with a fingerprint scanner that doesn't work and a better AMOLED panel.  Xperia Z3 is a good option currently, though we're very close to the release of the S6, M9, and G4, so I'd wait.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

S5 was the least interesting flagship last year, it's just an S4 with a fingerprint scanner that doesn't work and a better AMOLED panel.  Xperia Z3 is a good option currently, though we're very close to the release of the S6, M9, and G4, so I'd wait.

Z4 soon too.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

The S6 is coming out in under a month, so...

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

You do realize all android Roms are similar. And adapting isn't such a enormous task compared to the benefits.

Well, I went to the at&t store, and grabbed myself an s5, and this thing is amazing. I love it so far. Had it for about 3 hours now. It's super fast, it's beatiful, and I got a Otter box case, so I'll have a super hard time destroying it. I am super satisfied with this phone. And the at&t guy was SUPER helpful.

Gotta say, I love this s5.

Spoiler

Well, I went to the at&t store, and grabbed myself an s5, and this thing is amazing. I love it so far. Had it for about 3 hours now. It's super fast, it's beatiful, and I got a Otter box case, so I'll have a super hard time destroying it. I am super satisfied with this phone. And the at&t guy was SUPER helpful.

Gotta say, I love this s5.

Congrats on the purchase, just don't look at news of new phones coming out in the next couple months and you'll stay content :D

Congrats on the purchase, just don't look at news of new phones coming out in the next couple months and you'll stay content :D

Yup! This thing is so cool. I've never had a high end phone before.

Spoiler

For speed the M8 tends to be faster than both the G3 and S5 with the cleaner OS....

For speed the M8 tends to be faster than both the G3 and S5 with the cleaner OS....

Too late. Got the s5, I love it anyways. I can control my friggin TV too. I'm fully satisfied with it.

Spoiler

Too late. Got the s5, I love it anyways. I can control my friggin TV too. I'm fully satisfied with it.

That's good.

This forum is full of phone idiots who think they need to root their phones to get 0.02% more performance. 

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Like it was already mentioned. Today almost every flagship phone is good. Try it in a store and if you like it, buy it. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Like it was already mentioned. Today almost every flagship phone is good. Try it in a store and if you like it, buy it.

Best part is the at&t guy that helped me genuinely knew his shut, and has a few galaxy devices himself.

Spoiler

I reccomend to root and flash ANY Samsung device to something stock-android or Cyanogen-mod.
Get rid of Touchwiz and the Phone is Solid. (except for the plastic)

But actually every Android should be rooted and flashed to your liking.

Have a Xperia Z1 no root not flashed because the Android on it is very minimal and does not hit the  performnace nor does it hangs.