Modders want to create a racing simulator using a real car.

brownninja97

42979_098_racing-car-simulator-inside-re

So the above car is some Holden used in the Aussie V8 series, packs around 500bhp if im correct. Rather meaty.

Well some crazy Aussies thought instead of complaining about internet speeds they would make a simulator using the Holden, of coruse they couldnt buy a Holden race car as race cars are kinda expensive, so they have settled with the road legal car but its still a Holden and of course they are planning to mod the deal of the dash in order to get the same appearance of the car.

42979_0100_racing-car-simulator-inside-r

They are planning to use headtracking for realism, they are then gonna go crazy with the pedals and wheels im sure a g27 would do. Afterthat they are getting a buttkicker, for the many of use which dont care too much about racing games a buttkicker tried to throw out vibrations in order to help replicate the feeling of driving, its expensive but not close the costs of driving the real car. 

42979_099_racing-car-simulator-inside-re

The odd thing is that they didnt start long ago but they have said that it should be done with in three weeks or by the end of February for sure. Its an interesting project and im curious as to how it will hold up against Assetto corsa and Rfactor 2.  

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/42979/racing-car-simulator-inside-real-shell-yes-please/index.html

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Aww :3, I had an idea like that and its cool that its being implemented into reality.

Steve

Looks like Barnacules won't have the best racing simulator setup any more (His words, not mine)

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Aww :3, I had an idea like that and its cool that its being implemented into reality.

well on the other hand i could throw my laptop and dfgt into my car and well drive, that would be fun. It costs a bit less, neighbours might be a bit confused.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

At that point wouldn't it be easier to just drive the actual car?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

but you wouldn't be able to hit top speed and survive a crash into the wall would you :P

| --- My Stuff --- |

Computer: Apple Late-2008 Macbook Pro ; -Haguro- build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/296613-wip-project-haguro-x99-hackintosh-workstation/|

Mobile Devices: Apple 32GB 1st gen Ipad Mini ; Apple 16GB Iphone 5s ; Apple Ipod Classic 80Gb 5th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 120Gb 6th Gen ; Apple Ipod Classic 160Gb 7th Gen ; Apple Ipod Nano 16Gb 6th Gen 

Interesting, what are they gonna use for the visuals? Surround screen set up or Oculus Rift?

It all made sense until they said they would make a game around it, assetto corsa and rfactor 2 both provide a great foundation for modding whatever the heck you want into the game, they both have great physics and visuals so im not sure why they wouldnt save time and just make a model for the car and do some physics, it would take time but it would take a lot less time then having to make a game. 

Listen if you care.

but you wouldn't be able to hit top speed and survive a crash into the wall would you :P

No you wouldn't. lol

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

well on the other hand i could throw my laptop and dfgt into my car and well drive, that would be fun. It costs a bit less, neighbours might be a bit confused.

I could do the same with my DFGT but as I don't own a car, just get on the top floor of the bus and sit at the very front, the bus driver would laugh at me probably.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

I have already piloted a plane simulator inside an actual plane and I can say this is awesome it will be super immersive and super cool ^^ 

Looks like Barnacules won't have the best racing simulator setup any more (His words, not mine)

Correction, who ever has one of theses has the coolest racing simulator on the planet.

cxc_custom_champ_car_racing_simulator_zp

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Correction, who ever has one of theses has the coolest racing simulator on the planet.

cxc_custom_champ_car_racing_simulator_zp

Maybe you could do some sleeving for them. lol

Maybe you could do some sleeving for them. lol

LOL, yeah I bet they would not let anyone come near that with a 10 foot pole :D

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

seen plenty of these at a car shows, they had a curved projection screen, like the inside of half a sphere with a car placed facing in, sitting in the car you couldn't see anything but screen so the projected environment was quite immersive. i mean the only thing missing was realistic graphics on the simulation and some hydraulics. unfortunately though the g forces will never be reproduced accurately 

Sounds interesting, I wonder if it will actually add to the experience. 

Sounds interesting but nothing can replicate the G's as @Toddwjp mentioned. Immersion would be great otherwise. Though I'm sure they aren't the first to do something like this.

Wonder how they're going to do the display setup.