What Tablet to buy? Help please

Guest Sc0TT3Y

I'm in the market for for a tablet to use around the house, watching movies and browsing the web. Sometimes using my gaming rig just gets annoying to just as it restricts me to one room. I don't want to play much money (Under $500 would be ideal) and I won't be playing any games on it. Anybody got any suggestions? Plus it has to be available in Australia as that is where I live.

Thanks a ton in advance

Cheers

iPad mini less then $300 at big w and target I think

I think $270?

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

I'm in the market for for a tablet to use around the house, watching movies and browsing the web. Sometimes using my gaming rig just gets annoying to just as it restricts me to one room. I don't want to play much money (Under $500 would be ideal) and I won't be playing any games on it. Anybody got any suggestions? Plus it has to be available in Australia as that is where I live.

Thanks a ton in advance

Cheers

I would probably get the Samsung Galaxy Tab S. runs $400 here in the states and has an 8 core processor and oh yeah. . .

dat display tho. 2560*1600 SAMOLED (samsung's version of OLED that integrates the digitizer into the OLED panel)

EDIT: I don't want to go Apple and I didn't mention this but I was looking for a Windows tablet, And maybe something with a keyboard too.

Cheers

For basic web browsing and media consumption the galaxy tab s as suggested earlier would work really well. It has a beautiful screen and the processing power to play HD content on it. Amoled screens have ultimate contrast and save battery life.

I would still take a good look at the Nvida shield if I were you. It is a gaming tablet but it's pretty cool. I'd also trus them to support their device longer than any other big player besides apple.

If you don't need the screen to be the absolute best you could probably save some money by getting the ipad mini. Apple also continues update support for 2 generations usually which is better than most.

to wrap it up, for the best viewing experience get the galaxy, but If you're more interested in a lower price and a device that will continue to get update support for longer get the ipad mini. Reguardless you should take a look at the shield, especially if you have nvidia graphics in your PC.

Edit: You probably wont find a full windows 8.1 tablet for less than $500 but if you're okay with windows RT I'd go with this. 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HUVK6B0/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_2?pf_rd_p=1944687662&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00GJ3H5PK&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=00JR22N7E88WJDAF0S4N#customerReviews

You better still look at that shield tablet though >.>!

EDIT 2: Package forwarding, it's not free though.

http://www.hopshopgo.com/hopshopgo/start-register.do?l=en&c=US

For basic web browsing and media consumption the galaxy tab s as suggested earlier would work really well. It has a beautiful screen and the processing power to play HD content on it. Amoled screens have ultimate contrast and save battery life.

I would still take a good look at the Nvida shield if I were you. It is a gaming tablet but it's pretty cool. I'd also trus them to support their device longer than any other big player besides apple.

If you don't need the screen to be the absolute best you could probably save some money by getting the ipad mini. Apple also continues update support for 2 generations usually which is better than most.

to wrap it up, for the best viewing experience get the galaxy, but If you're more interested in a lower price and a device that will continue to get update support for longer get the ipad mini. Reguardless you should take a look at the shield, especially if you have nvidia graphics in your PC.

Thanks, Not too sure if the shield is available down here but I will look into it, Streaming games from my pc would be an added bonus  

It is not available In Australia, anybody know of a way around that? Maybe somewhere to get a shipping address to send it to where they could send it down here?

Thanks a ton in advance

Cheers

Lenovo tabs are nice

I'll personally recommend shield tablet and Asus transformer t100

Shield tablet has very good features u will probably use

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

Edit: You probably wont find a full windows 8.1 tablet for less than $500

Wait, what? Every full Windows 8.1 tablet on Microsoft's website is under $500, except the Surface Pro 3.

The Lenovo Yoga Tablet 2 looks cool, they make a version with Windows 8.1. (The only Windows RT tablets are the Surface 2 and Lumia 2520, DO NOT BUY EITHER.)

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650