Peltier fail

MatejAustria

I tried out my Peltier Unit (only 6€) by connecting it to a Molex (red Peltier wire to yellow Molex wire and black Peltier wire to black Molex wire). It made a spark and the computer shut down. After a few seconds he started again and everything works.

Do I have to worry about something?

What did I do wrong (the Peltier is made for 12V, my PSU is from BeQuiet and is capable of delivering 730W)

If it rebooted you don't have to worry about it ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

it is fine, as long as it turns on I cant see y any other dmg would occur 

Buy my yoga 2 pro!  http://linustechtips.com/main/classifieds/item/2711-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-i7-4510u-8gb-ram-4k-btc-accepted/

[spoiler=Trumps Wall

]AMD FX 8320 OC@ 4.4 GHZ GPUamd sapphire 7950RAM: 12GB CORSAIR XMS3 Psu: Corsair cx 500m CASE: Corsair 800d MOBO: Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2 Storage: 256GB mx100 SSD, 1TB WD Blue,1tb Seagate Barracuda in Raid 0, 750GB Seagate Baracude. Os Windows 7
CPU: AMD A-10 5800k RAM: 4GB DDR3 Storage:Random drives Mobo:msi SomthingCase: good question   

Sounds like a short.. If you can, try measuring the resistance on Peltier :)

NingoCase: NZXT H440 White, Motherboard: MSI MPower Z97, CPU: Intel 4790k, Cooler: Corsair H100i (2x Noctua NF-F12) GPU: MSI GTX 970, Memory: 12GB Kingston, SSD: Samsung EVO 120gb, HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB, PSU: evga 850 g3

so what did I do wrong?

It was probably a jump of current across the connector, most modern PSU's have overcurrent protection so it probably tripped and shut off to save your system.

It was probably a jump of current across the connector, most modern PSU's have overcurrent protection so it probably tripped and shut off to save your system.

could it damage my system?

could it damage my system?

Not really, as long as your power supply shuts off with current spikes, you should be fine.

so what did I do wrong?

Sounds like you connected a component to the PSU while it was powered on, you generally should avoid doing that.

I am rather sure that the peltier unit has been fried, I don't know how you should test this though.

If I vere you I would just be happy that the computer still works.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.