console peasent vs crap pc peasant

marat569

Not many people build $300 PCs themselves. You could save a little, I guess, but in this price range even most pc enthusiasts would sooner just recommend a pre-built.

I agree with you. Also from what I see people usually ask for a $400 and up build.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

@marat569 I have a decent build. At the time I bought my pc I spent $2200 not including monitor for everything. Since then I have a new monitor and spent about another $555 in upgrades. Not including the Asus rog swift. I have spent 2755 on my pc and I plan on putting on another $1200 in upgrades lol. So I don't consider myself a noob at computing. All my friends in rl play consoles because its simple for them.

Edit the first pc I had when I was 12 years old and mom spent $3500 on that one lol. I still have that pc and it works. My second pc was $800 and another $300 for the monitor. All custom built pc's that I made.

Edit to that Edit. I should say my parents got me a windows 95 pc when I was so 7 for gaming lol. I played c&c all day.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

This topic really is quite a blanket statement as for mere pennies you can build a console eating PC.

The old GTX 480 is still more than capable of pushing games at 1080p with filters off in newer titles, yet on ebay you can find them as low as £50 shipped.

Pair it with maybe an Athlon...you now have a capable PC, and who said you NEED 1080p?

900p and 720p monitors are cheap as hell and deliver a clear enough image for gaming.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

"What kind of computer can I get for $300? I'm on a strict budget! Oh I need Windows too."

God those people... no. This is an investment, spend money on it or don't do it at all.

If someone's cheap enough to only spend $300 on a computer, how could they not be cheap enough to just pirate windows?

If someone's cheap enough to only spend $300 on a computer, how could they not be cheap enough to just pirate windows?

well the price of not paying for windows can give you a nice boost in power.

Also it's not the price of your PC, it's the specs.

If you got it for 5$ and it has a powerpc processor and some third party GPU that nobody knows exists but plays AAA games at 60fps -- you are fucking awesome

I'd stick a thumb drive in each of them (the Macs) then fiddle with the bios boot order so it booted to ubuntu.

Just to mess with the apple fans.

Eh I kind of like Apple (mostly for it's material design and overall design just a shame that it is rather restrictive in terms of OS and Products but the OS looks pretty nice.) 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Eh I kind of like Apple (mostly for it's material design and overall design just a shame that it is rather restrictive in terms of OS and Products but the OS looks pretty nice.) 

you can install OSX on any machine with an intel CPU. a 500$ system beats the highest end mac product out there, probably worth 2-3k (all for a shiny white apple)

To be fair, my first PC was really cheap. It was just some crappy pre-built that actuallt had a GT120 in it. :D It was more than enough to play most games on low/720p at a decent frame rate though. You don't need to spend a lot of money to enjoy PC gaming anway. I spent a little more than £1000 on the PC I have, and I rarley play any game that's very demanding.

For  just $200 though, there are used computers. Someone has to buy them...

I'm sorry, but you can't always have new stuff, used stuff is usually just as good. The sense of entitlement that some people have that they deserve new parts is really strong. There are always better options.

Hey look. It's another person throwing the word entitlement around because someone wants something out of their reach. That's not what that word means.

you can install OSX on any machine with an intel CPU. a 500$ system beats the highest end mac product out there, probably worth 2-3k (all for a shiny white apple)

I know and not exactly true about a $500 being better than a $3,500 Mac, Macs do benefit from PCIe based SSDs and the specs are okay for what it cost I mean yeah my future and first build on X99 is far better than any of Apple's current offerings and it can run OS X with out too much hassle, and my X99 build cost as much as the iMac 5k though I don't get a 5k monitor, as many reviewers have said the iMac 5k (base line) model is basically like getting a 5k display and a free computer compared to the price of the Dell 5k monitor, though for my use case I only plan to edit at least 2 or 3k video and an LG 34UC97 and 31MU97 (or a cheaper 4k solution) should do the job since the 34UC would show me the interface and the 4k monitor can show me the preview and 2 GTX 980s can handle a 1440p ultrawide and 4k monitor with no issue. I have a laptop with a second gen i5 (2430M) which I could probably hackintosh with if I were to "exhume" my Mid 2010 MBP I could probably get OS X Yosemite and get it set up for hackintoshing on a USB and then update my MBP to Yosemite (it's on Mountain Lion)  OS X Snow Leopard and Lion are the most sentimental to me since my Mac mostly ran on those two.

I know and not exactly true about a $500 being better than a $3,500 Mac, Macs do benefit from PCIe based SSDs and the specs are okay for what it cost I mean yeah my future and first build on X99 is far better than any of Apple's current offerings and it can run OS X with out too much hassle, and my X99 build cost as much as the iMac 5k though I don't get a 5k monitor, as many reviewers have said the iMac 5k (base line) model is basically like getting a 5k display and a free computer compared to the price of the Dell 5k monitor, though for my use case I only plan to edit at least 2 or 3k video and an LG 34UC97 and 31MU97 (or a cheaper 4k solution) should do the job since the 34UC would show me the interface and the 4k monitor can show me the preview and 2 GTX 980s can handle a 1440p ultrawide and 4k monitor with no issue. I have a laptop with a second gen i5 (2430M) which I could probably hackintosh with if I were to "exhume" my Mid 2010 MBP I could probably get OS X Yosemite and get it set up for hackintoshing on a USB and then update my MBP to Yosemite (it's on Mountain Lion)  OS X Snow Leopard and Lion are the most sentimental to me since my Mac mostly ran on those two.

Screw desktops, a 500$ say toshiba/lenovo laptop with an i3 will outperform a ~2000$ macbook pro.

Their SSD can go eat a dickbutt. 

Screw desktops, a 500$ say toshiba/lenovo laptop with an i3 will outperform a ~2000$ macbook pro.

Their SSD can go eat a dickbutt. 

Erm for what specific purpose? If gaming well wouldn't something from like MSI or Gigabyte fare you better than something intended for a different audience? 

My only issue with the 2.5k MBP (15") is that the best GPU is that it has is non GTX GPU(?) and for content creation a GTX 880M would be much better than a GT(X?) 760M for content creation, heck I'd be happy with a GTX 830M. I hope by late 2016 either tablets are capable of doing content creation as well as or comparable to high end laptops today can or Apple has made the MacBook Pro more worthy of it's suffix "Pro".

Erm for what specific purpose? If gaming well wouldn't something from like MSI or Gigabyte fare you better than something intended for a different audience? 

My only issue with the 2.5k MBP (15") is that the best GPU is that it has is non GTX GPU(?) and for content creation a GTX 880M would be much better than a GT(X?) 760M for content creation, heck I'd be happy with a GTX 830M. I hope by late 2016 either tablets are capable of doing content creation as well as or comparable to high end laptops today can or Apple has made the MacBook Pro more worthy of it's suffix "Pro".

You know what would be more awesome? You build one super powerful pc at home; and all your tablets/laptops can connect to it. you work from your laptops/tablets as if you where working from the pc you built.

That is what I'm more interested in! Soon laptops will be nothing but a monitor and battery.

not everyone can afford a badass pc and as it is said even before you don't need a badass pc to be a part of the superior pc race 

OvMvtuK.png

Dude i'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the random dude with a 1999 qompac who flames console peasants and says he has a better experience on his pc.

My PC cost me £91... It runs Minecraft with 133 mods at 120fps... All are welcome in the master race

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

How are threads like this allowed to fester

Hey look. It's another person throwing the word entitlement around because someone wants something out of their reach. That's not what that word means.

It's just like that example someone gave about one wanting a full bathroom for $200 or whatever. They feel like their hard earned $200 can go really far because it's their $200. Now, I live about 15 miles from a place called Birkenhead. Birkenhead is probably one of the poorest areas in the UK, but I still get people asking me whether I can build a system for £50, £100 etc that's good for gaming. I say to them simply to look on eBay and see what's going. They want new parts, but realise it's futile and that it's out of their price range. It is a sense of entitlement, it's understandable that they would feel that way though. It's just like with used and new cars, they're that much cheaper and not much worse that it actually makes sense to buy one. My dad sometimes buys new cars, it's fine. However, if someone goes up to the dealership expecting a new car for the price of used, they're laughable.

Compatible with Windows 95

Honestly what person with knowledge in tech (good amount of knowledge) actually buys windows :P

Hi :)

Considering even if you buy a $1k computer it can last several years, and when you upgrade you don't just instantly toss out your game library, it's kind of silly to spend $300 on a PC. For just $500 you can get a good system, and by $600+ you can get a really kick-ass one for gaming.

I mean hell, my computer (at least the core components) is 7 years old and still going strong. The i7-920 is STILL a good CPU even though it came out in Q4 of 2008. Many more people are still rocking their i5-2500K CPUs and those are awesome as well.

Sitting on a 970 with an i7 2600k @4.8  i can proof your point

300$ pcs exist and theve got a reason to exist but that reason isnt gaming at all

with around 400 you can get an i3 (with ht) and a r9 270 which is perfectly fine for 1080p

if microsoft just did that wirless modul for controllers for pc..... :/

and if people cant afford their health bills in the us they shuld probably stop voting for people who are against public health inshurence coverage imo...... (dont mind that, an evil little guy in my head told me to write this)

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

My PC cost me £91... It runs Minecraft with 133 mods at 120fps... All are welcome in the master race

minecraft is not a proper benchmark! 

This "peasant" playing at 15fps just doesn't know how to scale game settings to suit their hardware, or just how to use GeForce Experience (or whatever AMD equivalent exists). It's actually surprisingly effective on poor hardware with people who don't know enough themselves. I was playing around with it on mum's laptop so she could game on it.

The point, too, is that the gaming experience on a console is locked. On bad PC hardware you can choose whether you want to prioritise framerate or graphics settings or resolution. You don't have that thrust on you in every game.

Have you ever tried to play a game on an Intel GMA ? 15fps is like the maximum framerate you could dream of

Have you ever tried to play a game on an Intel GMA ? 15fps is like the maximum framerate you could dream of

800x600?

At what resolution? What effects do you have running? Hell, what game are you even talking about? Your attainable fps will vary wildly, you just have to make sacrifices based on your own preferences.

I haven't played in an integrated Intel (I don't have one). I have, however, played on a GT 130M, a GT 610 and an 840M.

At what resolution? What effects do you have running? Hell, what game are you even talking about? Your attainable fps will vary wildly, you just have to make sacrifices based on your own preferences.

I haven't played in an integrated Intel (I don't have one). I have, however, played on a GT 130M, a GT 610 and an 840M.

exactly; FC4 maybe he'll get 2fps during a cut-scene but minecraft he'll get 30fps

That's why I like to use the free version of 3dmark, we get a better idea of what you have + get

My latest 3dmark : http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/5505133

You know what would be more awesome? You build one super powerful pc at home; and all your tablets/laptops can connect to it. you work from your laptops/tablets as if you where working from the pc you built.

That is what I'm more interested in! Soon laptops will be nothing but a monitor and battery.

Actually that would be cool, though it would need some sort of way to connect to the computer as like a server to use the laptop when your not on your network.

minecraft is not a proper benchmark!

Well it runs Portal 2 on max settings perfectly

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15