console peasent vs crap pc peasant

marat569

I think that there is a lot of people that plays with "less than €400" computers that are not poor, they just don't want to spend or don't really care about upgrading their pc.

But they still flame console players, I think that's what the OP meant.

Exactly! People who play games at 4fps and still think they're "PC master-race"; you'll find those people on youtube comments who like 1000 runescape videos [not like anything's wrong with runescape (i got a membership for years now, for nostalgia)

What did i do? Isn't cheap a good thing?

(ps- I re-edited it down to a $510 build, but only 4GB of RAM now. Shouldn't be a problem for most gaming though anyway)

I mean most things are cheaper in the US than here.

Steve

YES!

The ones who cause you a lose in LoL for having 2 fps in a team-fight.

Isn't LoL like.. really not demanding? As in play-it-on-integrated-just-fine not demanding? I can't imagine spending a lot of money on a PC if it's only for LoL.

Someone who wants 8.1?

I wouldn't get 8.1 if somebody paid me. Windows 7 ultimate is the shit, 8.1 is hell for a gamiing DESKTOP.

On my touchscreen 2-in-1 laptop it works (what it's made for).

Yes you can install a startmenu, but you're basically shooting yourself in the leg.

Windows "prime" is W7; after that it's going downhill -- lets see if windows 10 is going to be good + worthy an upgrade.

Only reason linus features 8.1 on his channel is because it's a professional channel, not a gamer channel.

I mean most things are cheaper in the US than here.

Well here you go, this is still ridiculously cheap:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4440 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£131.20 @ Aria PC)

Motherboard: MSI H81M-E33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£32.77 @ Ebuyer)

Memory: Kingston Fury Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.10 @ CCL Computers)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.94 @ Aria PC)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 270 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  (£109.52 @ Scan.co.uk)

Case: Zalman Z3 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case  (£26.99 @ Amazon UK)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£36.98 @ Novatech)

Total: £402.50

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-14 21:38 GMT+0000

(ps- I re-edited it down to a $510 build, but only 4GB of RAM now. Shouldn't be a problem for most gaming though anyway)

At this moment I have 4.9 GB of RAM free with 8 GB installed. Granted, I have 8 Chrome tabs open as well as afterburner and a game launcher, but for peace of mind I'd still roll with 8 on any system.

Memory: Kingston Fury Series 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£29.10 @ CCL Computers)

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£35.94 @ Aria PC)

Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 270 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card  (£109.52 @ Scan.co.uk)

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£36.98 @ Novatech)

Not bad.

Steve

Isn't LoL like.. really not demanding? As in play-it-on-integrated-just-fine not demanding? I can't imagine spending a lot of money on a PC if it's only for LoL.

Well it's unoptimized in the loading phase, and you cant start the game until everybody loads. 

Most of the time you get one (or two) people with wooden toasters who make people wait 20 minutes just to start the game, and then end up sucking and yell lag in caps every 2 minutes.

At this moment I have 4.9 GB of RAM free with 8 GB installed. Granted, I have 8 Chrome tabs open as well as afterburner and a game launcher, but for peace of mind I'd still roll with 8 on any system.

Why? You clearly don't need it with your load. More RAM doesn't make any difference until you run out and start having to use a pagefile. Only tab junkies and so on really need it. I'm currently only using 1.8GB even as I'm writing this with firefox open as well as steam and task manager. Games don't use a whole lot more than that either, and then I'll have all my browsers closed.

...that being said 8GB is still useful and needed if you don't want to constantly be closing down everything before opening up new stuff.

Seagate peasant. WD master-race! 8-23 (hail WD)

you can shave $30 more off it by using the $99 HIS 7870 from newegg (original version of the same card)  it isn't listed on part picker and it brings you well under $500.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161411&cm_re=7870-_-14-161-411-_-Product

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

And people will ignore it because it's £50 more than a console, not caring that it is exponentially better.

Well it's unoptimized in the loading phase, and you cant start the game until everybody loads. 

Most of the time you get one (or two) people with wooden toasters who make people wait 20 minutes just to start the game, and then end up sucking and yell lag in caps every 2 minutes.

One time I had to look at the loading screen for 10 minutes, I guess he installed the game on a floppy disk.

And people will ignore it because it's £50 more than a console, not caring that it is exponentially better.

Also that you have to put things together, and cant just plug in a wire and put in a CD and start playing. *gasp* you actually have to work on it for 30 min to play a game.

When I played LoL (don't anymore because I got kinda fed up at the latency) I wanted to do a GPU swap and played it just fine on max at 60 FPS with my OC'ed 4690K. It really is not demanding lol.

I'll hail WD when they start using the Hitachi HGST ultrastar patents they got in their consumer drives. (or even their RED drives)

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

I have a WD in my current build, have used Seagates in the past, and even used Maxtor in ages past. Only times drives have failed is when they were Toshiba (yuck), or been dropped. Luckily, these were not my drives.

Basically, unless the chances of a lemon are notably higher with a brand (in this case it isn't), I'll save that $5 every time on a cheap build by going Seagate Barracuda over WD Blue.

I've actually been gaming on 4gb for the past month or so due to having a defective ram module and being too lazy to deal with it. Granted I run into issues when I game while leaving stuff (like chrome) open, but if I'm just running the game, 4gb is usually fine. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

I'll hail WD when they start using the Hitachi HGST ultrastar patents they got in their consumer drives. (or even their RED drives)

No idea what that means, my WD HDD is my storage/scratch drive. This is 2015, ssds are a thing after 2011.

I just know from linus that it's WD master race. (Like nvidia vs AMD)

Seagate's market is External HDDs.

My opinion is that if you have to call console gamers peasants, then you're just a self-entitled pr*ck.

There are plenty of people that cant afford a decent gaming PC, wether it be because they have other priorities right now, they just are not in a good economic position or whatever the case may be.

If anything, its even more of a want that they want the best computer they can get for their $$$ to play some good games, to escape from things they may be dealing with.

Just because you dont get that, doesnt make them a peasant.

Consoles are a good compromise for those that can't afford a full blown gaming computer.

Also consoles are a different type of gaming experience. If you want to wallow in your cave alone, then yeah PC - if you want something that you can play on with your friends thats easy plug and go to have some fun on - consoles are fantastic for that.

I love having a high end computer, but I can also tell you that 80% of the best times ive had gaming, have been on console.

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

No idea what that means, my WD HDD is my storage/scratch drive. This is 2015, ssds are a thing after 2011.

I just know from linus that it's WD master race. (Like nvidia vs AMD)

Seagate's market is External HDDs.

Also I don't think Linus ever called WD drives amazing; frankly anything lower than blacks are sub par.

WD bought a company called HGST that used to be part of Hitatchi they make drives with amazing reliability. I'm hoping too see some of that build quality enter the WD lineup.

Who would spend 300$ on a "gaming" PC? Why not save it up until you can get something better than a turd sandwich?

Yet many can afford two consoles and a number of exclusives.

How interesting.

I don't know about other poor console buyers, but I tend to buy consoles a while after they came out when prices have fallen a lot or when there is a super sale on. Otherwise they're nearly as expensive as a computer build.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |