Ted Cruz, Longtime Foe Of NASA And Science, Will Oversee NASA And Science In New Congress

CheechJuan

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/12/ted-cruz-nasa_n_6456270.html

I don't know if any of you have heard about this yet but there is no way that this is a good thing. This is a person who compares Net Neutrality with ObamaCare. 

0bhwWoo.png

I understand that there is a shift to the private sector but this is going to be the death of NASA. 

Meanwhile, Cruz has claimed there isn't enough evidence to prove global warming is occurring, telling CNN he was skeptical of the "so-called scientific theory."

How can we have someone who doesn't understand science running the US's biggest investments in science. 

It's hilarious, in a sad way. NASA is getting bullied by people who don't understand science whatsoever.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

They hired a church guy or something?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

TBH as long as my constitutional rights aren't being violated I couldn't give 1/2 a shit what happens on the Hill.

TBH as long as my constitutional rights aren't being violated I couldn't give 1/2 a shit what happens on the Hill.

Not giving a shit what happens on the Hill is exactly what leads to constitutional rights being violated.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Ah this is the guy that said net neutrality will hurt innovation.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

Its sad how people don't understand that spending money on scientific research often results in discoveries that benefit the public.

Like cordless tools. Or IR thermometers. Or memory foam.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

How is this "Tech News and Reviews"? This probably belongs in Off-Topic thread.

CPU: AMD FX-6350@4.2Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston Fury Black + 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance HDD: WD Green 1Tb SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60Gb CASE: DeepCool Tesseract SW

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fJLRWZ

How is this "Tech News and Reviews"? This probably belongs in Off-Topic thread.

Wasn't really sure where to post it.

Cruz's infamous hours-long speech in September 2013 led to a 16-day government shutdown

barring 97 percent of NASA employees from appearing for work. Interns to the agency were temporarily displaced when the NASA-provided housing was closed during the shutdown, and many have said the agency suffered lasting damage due to the freeze.

And he's still allowed to speak!?.

Also how the hell does a speech shut a government down for 16 days?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Because, 'Murica.

There that should work better.

Desktop: Intel 4770k - 12GB Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz RAM - Asus Maximus VI Formula Mobo - Asus Strix 970 SLI - Cooler Master V850 PSU -  Nzxt Phantom 630 Case  - 1TB WD HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD - Nzxt Kraken X60 - 24" Asus VG248QE 1080p Monitor - Logitech G35 Headset -  G502 Proteus Core - Logitech G710+ Keyboard - Nzxt Hue - Windows 10

people are so stupid it's giving me cancer. Investing in science as always been worth it and will always be stop fighting fact it's stupid. also OP if you could quote some of the info and give your position on the subject on your first post it would be nice ^^

REPUBLICANS, litterally can be described as either evil or stupid, i mean the party has pretty much been taken over by extreme groups and has pretty much no normal republicans left.

REPUBLICANS, litterally can be described as either evil or stupid, i mean the party has pretty much been taken over by extreme groups and has pretty much no normal republicans left.

The same can be said of the Democrats.

Both only serve their own special interests, get away with what they can, and have literally no interest in doing what's right or best for the people and or humanity as a whole.

Bout time for nerds to take over the world.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

For Americans, if you are trying to explain to your conservative or Republican friends how crazy this is, just tell them that this would be like Nancy Pelosi being the new head of the NRA.  Let's see how the gun enthusiasts would enjoy that premise.

For Americans, if you are trying to explain to your conservative or Republican friends how crazy this is, just tell them that this would be like Nancy Pelosi being the new head of the NRA.  Let's see how the gun enthusiasts would enjoy that premise.

fuuuuuuuu.png

angry-must-resist-l.png

NO. ANYTHING BUT THAT.

NO. ANYTHING BUT THAT.

Pelosi would be too conservative to scare the gun enthusiasts. Now, Diane Feinstein on the other hand...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

There is no political bias in that article whatsoever...

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Pelosi would be too conservative to scare the gun enthusiasts. Now, Diane Feinstein on the other hand...

Indeed, if you want to become super accurate of who would be worst, you can find a worse candidate than Nancy Pelosi.  My original selection was based on the maximum rage factor that gun enthusiasts would have.  My next choice would have been Hilary Clinton.

Both would probably get shot within seconds of taking the podium.

There is no political bias in that article whatsoever...

As much as I consider myself a conservative, they have no business having anything to do with science. (the republicans that is)

Indeed, if you want to become super accurate of who would be worst, you can find a worse candidate than Nancy Pelosi.  My original selection was based on the maximum rage factor that gun enthusiasts would have.  My next choice would have been Hilary Clinton.

You trying to give me a heart attack by making me contemplate horrific situations?

Both would probably get shot within seconds of taking the podium.

As much as I consider myself a conservative, they have no business having anything to do with science. (the republicans that is)

You trying to give me a heart attack by making me contemplate horrific situations?

im fine with conservatives. i just dont like the way most conservatives support policies and ideas which can be shown to not help people or have no basis in reality, eg education spending, most conservatives of the past would see this as an investment in the future but many today do everything they can to avoid spending more on it. and even make cuts where they can.

The amount of respect that the US Government has for NASA, in a nutshell. 

Private companies are the future of space innovation now, not NASA. Not when they get choked on funding because its funner to build trillion dollar plane platforms. 

And yes. A trillion. The F35 is going to ring up that much (right now). Who knows how much more it will increase. Pew pew is more fun than "One small step..." these days. 

While I do not believe that any one group should have control of anything, saying this guy is a bad choice simply because he is a republican is obsurd.

And although I do not agree with all of Cruze's policies, he is about balancing the budget. And like it or not if you want to balance the budget there are going to be cuts that people don't agree with. That is how he got a reputation for being anti science unjustly, he is anti debt.

As far as republicans should stay away from science, what about Rand Paul who holds a medical phd?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro