Snapdragon 400 vs Snapdragon S4 Pro (dual-core)

Aniallation

I'm looking to get a new phone and stuck between some options with a recurring similarity and that's the CPU.

For my price range the phones that I seem to be interested in are either using a dual-core Snapdragon S4 Pro (Samsung S3, Atrix HD, etc) or a quad-core Snapdragon 400 (Moto G, LG Optimus L90, etc).

Anyone here have an idea of which one of these chips would perform better? I mainly just use my phone for social media and stuff, only light games nothing too demanding. Using a loaner S3 right now and that's more then enough performance for the most demanding things I do on a phone. 

"Rawr XD"

S400 is better because of power saving features mostly. s3 neo has s400 btw.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

S400 is better because of power saving features mostly. s3 neo has s400 btw.

Aren't the "neo" devices supposed to be the cut-down versions of the original devices? Also here in Canada we don't have S3 Neo, just regular American S3.

"Rawr XD"

Aren't the "neo" devices supposed to be the cut-down versions of the original devices? Also here in Canada we don't have S3 Neo, just regular American S3.

No, it's a refresh actually, using the components that are available at the time. Sometimes it's an improvement.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6433&idPhone2=4238

more ram mostly.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

No, it's a refresh actually, using the components that are available at the time. Sometimes it's an improvement.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6433&idPhone2=4238

more ram mostly.

In my case though it's actually less RAM. American S3 has 2GB.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6433&idPhone2=4803

"Rawr XD"

What is your price range? If it's about 200$, stop your horses and wait for march. The zenfone 2 will destroy anything and everything starting from its price range up.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

In my case though it's actually less RAM. American S3 has 2GB.

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6433&idPhone2=4803

Samsung with their revisions 

I_dunno.0.gif

Spoiler

What is your price range? If it's about 200$, stop your horses and wait for march. The zenfone 2 will destroy anything and everything starting from its price range up.

Maximum $150, preferably less, but I don't mind second-hand.

The Zenfone 2 looks really great but it's annoying me how Asus puts their network frequencies. Only site that has them is official Asus website, and it's just a bunch of FDD and TDD LTE bands (god knows what that means, but I can tell it'll work with T-Mo and AT&T LTE), but no mention of 3G frequencies, as my carrier requires AWS 1700MHz 3G frequency to operate. 

Sadly until I can confirm that Zenfone 2 will support AWS then it isn't an option.

"Rawr XD"

Maximum $150, preferably less, but I don't mind second-hand.

The Zenfone 2 looks really great but it's annoying me how Asus puts their network frequencies. Only site that has them is official Asus website, and it's just a bunch of FDD and TDD LTE bands (god knows what that means, but I can tell it'll work with T-Mo and AT&T LTE), but no mention of 3G frequencies, as my carrier requires AWS 1700MHz 3G frequency to operate. 

Sadly until I can confirm that Zenfone 2 will support AWS then it isn't an option.

well, considering it won't launch until march there's still a lot of room for clarifications to be made :) but if you don't have the money of course it's not an option.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

well, considering it won't launch until march there's still a lot of room for clarifications to be made :) but if you don't have the money of course it's not an option.

Well, I'll probably have enough by March if the launch isn't until then. And if I do decide to go with it I'd be getting the cheaper 720p variant as well.

"Rawr XD"

Well, I'll probably have enough by March if the launch isn't until then. And if I do decide to go with it I'd be getting the cheaper 720p variant as well.

there is no 720p variant, the 200$ version has a 1080p screen :)

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Yes there is, there's 3 variants available

1.8GHz/720p/2GB RAM

2.3GHz/1080p/2GB RAM

2.3GHz/1080p/4GB RAM

http://www.androidauthority.com/asus-zenfone-2-hands-first-impressions-579187/

oh you're right ^^ I thought the 199$ version would be he base one:

It’s important to note that there a few different versions of the Zenfone 2 available, with the iteration priced at $199 featuring a 5.5-inch 1080p display and 2 GB of RAM

If I were you I'd spend the extra money for this version, if you can.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

oh you're right ^^ I thought the 199$ version would be he base one:

If I were you I'd spend the extra money for this version, if you can.

Not a big deal. My daily driver for half a year was a 5" with 960x540 resolution and I had no problem with the pixel density. 5.5 at 720p is enough for me.

"Rawr XD"

Not a big deal. My daily driver for half a year was a 5" with 960x540 resolution and I had no problem with the pixel density. 5.5 at 720p is enough for me.

Oh sure, 720p is perfectly fine, it's just that given the price (and considering the cpu is faster too) I think the 200$ varint offers more value. That said it's up to you.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Well, the S400 is better for power-saving and multitasking as it has more cores and they're more power-efficient. 

The dual-core S4 Pro is better for gaming as it has higher clock. However, I'd suggest you buying the S400 device.