Headphones- What is your favourite type, brand, style, sound

Weirdybeardyman

Funny thing about K812 is how unpopular it is compared to HD800. I really really like AKG's house sound.

But you know you can say you have 10 $300 headphones, but people will be impressed by someone owning a pair of $1K+ headphone :P

For me, the 800's were dam close to perfect, comfort was absolutely amazing, they have almost zero clamping pressure, and no "pressure areas"

k712 is like 90-90% of the HD800's sound though, but less comfortable.  But the fact that they cost me $650 less, I'd rather the k712's any day lol.   If my PC setup was completely done with a few extra monitors, and a custom loop, then I'd be willing to spend excess money on HD800's, but unfortunately that's not the case :(

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

I wish I could of had lcd-2 and hd800 at the same time & could of kept em, but my setup wasn't done and I wanted to spend the money on other stuff.

I've gotten more enjoyment out of the stuff I spent the money on so it's w/e

I hate how I never fully liked any of the headphones I've tried. Pretty much all of them either had too little isolation or were uncomfortable. I think the closest thing for me would be the modded fostex. 

For me, the 800's were dam close to perfect, comfort was absolutely amazing, they have almost zero clamping pressure, and no "pressure areas"

k712 is like 90-90% of the HD800's sound though, but less comfortable.  But the fact that they cost me $650 less, I'd rather the k712's any day lol.   If my PC setup was completely done with a few extra monitors, and a custom loop, then I'd be willing to spend excess money on HD800's, but unfortunately that's not the case :(

Huh, i thought K712 and the annies are more similiar to HD600 sound from impression of many people. What amps did you run on the HD800? Some people like to run them with valhalla or tubes to tame the brightness

Huh, i thought K712 and the annies are more similiar to HD600 sound from impression of many people. What amps did you run on the HD800? Some people like to run them with valhalla or tubes to tame the brightness

K712 is decently close to the HD800.

With my Lyr & tried it with tons of mobile devices & my motherboard, they weren't bright out of anything I tried, IDK why people think they're so bright.

they're super similar tho:

erRuT.png

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Huh, i thought K712 and the annies are more similiar to HD600 sound from impression of many people. 

Well then you run into the definition of similar. 

IDK why people think they're so bright.

Because they are bright you ding wit. Probably damaged your ears with the LCD-2's.

With my Lyr & tried it with tons of mobile devices & my motherboard, they weren't bright out of anything I tried, IDK why people think they're so bright.

they're super similar tho:

That's interesting, tame the 2khz on K712 and viola, an HD800 clone ;)

Because they are bright you ding wit. Probably damaged your ears with the LCD-2's.

Well if you want to hear mids and highs being put behind layers of walls, you're welcome too :P

Well then you run into the definition of similar. 

Graph looks p neutral to me mang, I never once found them bright, but maybe others that are used to HD650's would find them bright :P

FIGHT ME SHERMS

y u no ts buddy :(

Graph looks p neutral to me mang, I never once found them bright, but maybe others that are used to HD650's would find them bright :P

FIGHT ME SHERMS

Doggie that peak around 8kHz is anything but neutral.

If you want a really cheap budget pair of headphones, please go with something like this instead of Skullcandy's

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RPHJE120A-In-Ear-Headphone-Blue/dp/B003EM6AOG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1421116176&sr=8-2&keywords=panasonic+earbuds

Trust me, you'll thank me later

I have these, durable sound pretty good for their price. have lasted 3-4 years for me but i have replaced the silicon buds more times than i can remember

The Wannabe is no longer. Replaced by the Flotilla. If you replace every part of a computer is it still the same computer?

Survived the Survivor 2299

Audio Engineer, Lighting Programmer, Video Engineer, FOH.

100% over ear. Can't stand anything else.

also i'm a beyerynamic fanboi :D

love my DT880s but i'm looking at T90s right not because i want to have a complete open pair too.

wouldnt mind T1s but the 1k price point... ^^

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

I like open Beyerdynamic headphones, but I am currently saving up for a closed pair, so I can use them in public. And BTW I like the Pro models look better than the Premiums.

As for sound, I prefer quite a flat one with a bit of a boost on both ends.

REMEMBER TO QUOTE SO I GET A NOTIFCATION! Add me on Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Shroomster/ Review(s) more to come

FIGHT ME SHERMS

I would personally classify the K601/612 as closest to neutral. 712 has accentuated bass and treble by comparison.

1866a5a12d.png

I would personally classify the K601/612 as closest to neutral. 712 has accentuated bass and treble by comparison.

FIGHT ME SHERMS

Reducing the amplitude axis scale helps put things in perspective. Also helps to have in your ear what a 5 or 10 dB difference sounds like.

I heard Skullcandy's have Sennheiser speakers. All I know is that the Skullcandy noise cancelling over ear phones I used in the past had massive and wonderfully powerful and tight BASE, clean mids and a very crisp high end and they were cheap cheap cheap.

My experience with Skullcandy headphones and in-ears was a long one. I used to swear by them, then I bought a pair of HD280's on sale and finally realized how bad Skullcandy is.

Uhh

Open headphones "enough" bass, clear mids and not to bright in the treble area

beyerdynamics

i do own dt990 pros atm

Main Rig:

-
CPU: i7-2600k @4.8 GHz - CPU cooler: bequiet! Dark Rock Pro Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB - HDD: Western Digital Green 1tb - PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750W - Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi r2 -

Obsidian 250D Build Log

Wisdom: You don't live longer if you're always in a hurry

I like open headphones with a neutral-ish sound.

Stuff I've owned:

erCJv.jpg

erCTl.jpg

H4wdJYL.jpg

erCZN.jpg

erD2f.jpg

Showoff

:P

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

so long as I can push the sound around with an eq I'm happy,  If I don't have access to an eq (portable player or some shit) then I like the hd280's.   I hate mud unless it's under my 4x4.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I like Open headphones currently got the DT990s and I love them. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s