is 8k coming too fast for games and jus gonna be for TV or what?

applesuxD

Right now 8k has arrived on tv

Well need a ton of 980 or 2 295x2 to run it

Tell me what do u guys think abt this?

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”

―  C.S. Lewis  :)

4k is already too soon...

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

4k is already too soon...

Nah, 4k was late. 1080p has stuck around WAY too long and so Nvidia/AMD had no need to really push the power of their GPU's. 1080p seriously needs to go away, and 1440p/4k need to become standard. If we have a standard that we cannot currently run optimally, then they will be forced to ramp up production on more powerful hardware.

just shows how exciting the future of gaming will be. kids wont leave their house, average weight of kids will surprass adults, zits wont be ugly as everyone will be loaded with them and windows will be to low def to want in ur house so everyone will be white.  :huh:

but seriously. i think its a little soon, i mean 5k was just announced not long ago and im completely fine with 1080p but im not going to resist the coming of 8k and whatever K they come out with. ill just be happy when its cheap enough to have 3 of them running 144hz on my desk  :P

Tbh, i think 8k is a little premature, I mean there isn't even that much content for 4k yet. Not that it's not cool, its freakin' awesome! 

Or maybe it was more of a trailer/because we can thing.

Although I'm not very familiar with how these technologies grow/ become adapted. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

8k is premature. It won't be on TV or film anytime soon..or at least won't be native res. Post production houses are ill-equiped to handle the storage increase to use 8k for everything. We also don't have the infrastructure to support 8k streaming/TV feeds. 

Save us from 8k at 10 or less fps with your graphene processors IBM!

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

it might be coming to soon, but then again it might be putting pressure on company's to build better faster and more affordable products, even if you cant buy the top end the lower end products will be cheaper.

8k TV has not arrived at all. Neither has 4k TV.

Most TV is still in low def, with people having to pay more for a "high definition" box from their cable service provider. Every time I see a 4k HDTV advert when I am watching TV, all I can do is laugh at people wasting their money on something they won't need for years.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Pascal is supposed to be around 3.5x more powerful than current cards.

Volta should be more powerful than even that.

So, realistically by the time 8k has any market penetration we'll be able to run it, perhaps with a single card.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

And im still on 720p...

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

4k hasn't truly arrived yet, it's slowly becoming more ubiquitous but its still pretty expensive and not many people have it. 8k stuff atm costs thousands just like 4k did a couple of years ago. Also most TV stuff is still under 1080p so i dont really see a reason for it... yet. 

"Try not to take things personally; what people say about you on the internet is a reflection of them, not you!"

To be honest I think 8k is way off. As others have said 4K isn't even here yet - a lot of new games struggle even on high-end hardware at 4K

Give it a year or two and 4k will really be mainstream then 8k will start heading somewhere I think

just shows how exciting the future of gaming will be. kids wont leave their house, average weight of kids will surprass adults, zits wont be ugly as everyone will be loaded with them and windows will be to low def to want in ur house so everyone will be white.  :huh:

What the hell does this prediction have to do with the topic?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Nah, 4k was late. 1080p has stuck around WAY too long and so Nvidia/AMD had no need to really push the power of their GPU's. 1080p seriously needs to go away, and 1440p/4k need to become standard. If we have a standard that we cannot currently run optimally, then they will be forced to ramp up production on more powerful hardware.

I agree 100%, If we all sit and say 1080p is good enough will never get better technology.

And just pay a whole bunch just for 4k if where always driving the technology to the limits prises will come down for 1440p/4K and the enthusiast with have a chance to get some nice 8k monitors.

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

What the hell does this prediction have to do with the topic?

Yea that was random and just plain stupid.

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

The thing with being an early adopter of a resolution standard, especially for TVs, is that by the time the resolution has actually become a standard with content being made and distributed in 4K, 5K, 8K or whatever, your TV will be outdated and there will be better models on the market at a lower cost.