So Corsair No Longer Makes The K70 RGB and K95 RGB With MX Blues?

ANewFace

So I was going to get a K70 RGB with MX blue switches but they have been sold out for months. And based on reviews, people where saying that the MX Blue RGB switches didn't feel like cherry MX blue switches. Now they are back in stock but MX blues isn't even listed http://www.corsair.com/en-us/landing/k70-k95-rgb  So do they not make RGB keyboards with MX blues any more?

My Rig:  CPU: Core i7 4790K @4.8ghz  Motherboard: Asus Maximus Vii Hero  Ram: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz (Red)  Cooling: Corsair H105, 2x Corsair SP120 High Preformance Editions, Corsair AF 140 Quiet Edition  PSU: Corsair RM 850  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Blue 1TB  Case Corsair 760t (Black)  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma  Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma  Headset: ATH-M50X Mic: Blue Yeti Blackout

I believe I heard something about them not being in production anymore. Personally I think this is stupid since MX Blue is a popular switch.

Nope, RGB CherryMX Blue switches have been discontinued by Corsair. I think it was because Cherry couldn't manufacture so many on top of manufacturing all of their other switches.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

just get mx brown?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

i looked for blues for forever and finally got cherry... its not to big of a deal to me tbh

i looked for blues for forever and finally got cherry... its not to big of a deal to me tbh

you hef teh K65, thats my dream keyboard <3333333333333333333

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

you hef teh K65, thats my dream keyboard <3333333333333333333

RIGHT. its small so doesnt make my mouse pad look stupid and has cool lights :D (i have a huge mouse pad)

I have the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - From when they were still made with MX Blue's :D

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

just get mx brown?

mx browns are sold out too. I saw on on amazon for 300 bucks cuz its like from a third party. I hope they didnt discontinue the browns. I was gonna get one until they got sold out so quick

I have the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate - From when they were still made with MX Blue's :D

Only thing razer i have is my mousepad. which i will be replacing and burrning  <_<

RIGHT. its small so doesnt make my mouse pad look stupid and has cool lights :D (i have a huge mouse pad)

im still tryna find a good price for one.

either that or the cm quickfire compact

OR

i can save me pennies and get

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Only thing razer i have is my mousepad. which i will be replacing and burrning  <_<

Each to their own. I like my Razer products while others hate them.

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

Each to their own. I like my Razer products while others hate them.

i liked them, just most of their stuff is overpriced for what u get. the one keyboard is actually half decent, all the products of theirs ive owned sucked or just i used but didnt realize what i was missing when i switched. but it is perfect preference so im not hating on u for liking razer long as u dont hate me for loving corsair :D

im still tryna find a good price for one.

either that or the cm quickfire compact

OR

i can save me pennies and get

i got one at best buy for 150 C; i was pleased with the purchance just the wrist guard on one side is missing a rubber thing which i just noticed today, no sticky leftover so wasnt there to begin with :C

TL;DR

The yields for Corsair's MX Blue switches, specifically made for the RGB ones, have been super low. So low that they were forced to discontinue the production of those switches. Meaning that all of the switches that came out of the factory didn't have the properties as one another. Were some have had no problems what so ever with their keyboards, I have heard reports that some didn't make the classic 'click'-sound, that others were spongy feeling, and such. It has been a hit or miss. Some worked great, others did not.

Why did they do this?

Well. Here is the tricky part. MX Blues are much harder to produce than Red, Black, and even Brown's. Since there are added moving parts to the construction. It is likely this, along with that they had to use a whole different shell for the switch (translucent instead of plain black) that made production of the MX Blue's much harder to produce.

Low yields = Not worth it for them. Unless they were to increase the quality check for just those keyboards, but this would also jack up the prices for those SKU's. But then the people would go "Why is this X amount more than Y!".

And as for my take on what they will do next?

My thoughts is that they are trying a work-around for this. They know how much a certain group of people want this kind of a keyboard. So I am sure that they are trying their hardest to produce something that will please everyone.

EDIT: Welp. That's not really a TL;DR. Now is it...