Most Innovative CES 2015 - Mad Catz R.A.T ProX Mouse

Lazmarr

MC_Rotator-1020x574_RAT-Pro.jpg

The most Innovative Mouse of CES 2015 and an addition to the most positively reviewed mouse series beginning with the original R.A.T Mouse. Mad Catz have presented consumers with the R.A.T PROx.

The mouse has been in development for almost 5 years and has been designed and conceived to offer the most future proof platform of all time; featuring a super-lightweight magnesium alloy construction, hydrophobic coated palm rests and grips and by offering gamers and cosnumers the ability to swap out parts and components to suit their gaming styles and preferences.

The R.A.T PROx is the first mouse in the world to feature a hot-swapable Modular Sensor Unit allowing the consumer to swap out the sensor unit in seconds to suit their preference; from accuracy to even the sensor type when new sensor upgrades become available after purchasing the mouse. Three sensor types will be available at launch of the mouse; Phillips 2037, Avargo 9800, Pixart 332WM10 and can choose the sesnor you wish to use upon purchase and can be bought individually from the Mad Catz store.

rat-pro-x-01.jpg

The scroll wheel has been completely redesigned to house its own optical sensor, compartmentalised from the other components, allowing for the adjustment of click force, the swapping out of the three included wheels and for the addition of an analogue strafe feature; which can be immensely useful in FPS' when 'peeking' from cover or even space/flght sims allowing you to control the analogue movement of the vehicle with precision.

mad-catz-rat-pro-x-wheel.jpg

As well as coming with the well known swapable palm rest system, allowing for the swapping of three included palm rests; rubberised, elastomer and raised, it has been redesigned to allow for 15° tilt letting the consumer adjust it for comfort and to allow the consumer to swap out the redesigned carbon fibre thumb rest for the included thicker variant. The swapable pinkie rests are also still included with three variations; flat, gripped and a one with a rest with a lip to allow you to pickup the mouse to move it whilst gaming.

It features swapable magnetic feat and includes teflon feat that give drag and a ceramic variant that eliminates said drag and if requested they can make additions for different types of materials for the feet.

mad-catz-rat-pro.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm actually a fan of the R.A.T series of mice, owning the R.A.T MMO 7, and I think this is shaping up to be an awesome addition to the current series. I don't understand why people give Mad Catz so much flak. Their mice, headsets and surfaces are extremely good and have great build quality. I haven't tried any of their keyboards, largely based on their price, so I assume they are as good if not better than their other products.

I hope that the price at launch will be decent and not overly expensive, like some of their other products.... looking at you Strike 7 membrane keyboard >.> and that they bring out an MMO variant and ones with a different colour scheme...maybe an AMD Red to counter their Nvidia green one xD

PS. Source is in the main picture :P

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

I like the customizability, but if only Logitech did this. :P

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Not a fan of Mad Catz, or the design of their peripherals, but the customization this mouse has is pretty intriguing, especially the sensor part. 

Sexiest mouse on market!

If my G502 dies, i might have a look at this :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Looks hideous

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

I dont like the aesthetics, and judging from the previous comfort of the rat mice I wont like it (I really hate how they feel)

BUT I love the customizability, that analog strafe is interesting, I wish somebody would bring out an analog keyboard (switable between digital and analog)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I had the original RAT7 the v1. It was the best mouse I ever had, seriously. The left mouse button died on me after more than 2 years of very heavy use. The only reason why I didn't buy it once again was because the v2 of the RAT7 is known for problems with the sensor. If this turns out to be as good as it looks it might just be my next mouse. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

< @terrytek 's profile picture>

That's not appropriate. Not even remotely.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

I don't understand why people give Mad Catz so much flak their mice, headsets and surfaces are extremely good and have great build quality.

Its probably from all of their horrible quality console accessories they used to sell. I had a drawer of broken Mad Catz PS1 and Xbox controllers back in the day, it was all my local store stocked...

I like the idea of the mouse, just wish it was a little more subtle looking. I REALLY like the swappable center wheel and wish my G502 had that. I bought the G502 for the hyperscroll as I fell in love with it on my Performance MX, but the hard slippery wheel on the G502 kinda ruins it.

Its probably from all of their horrible quality console accessories they used to sell. I had a drawer of broken Mad Catz PS1 and Xbox controllers back in the day, it was all my local store stocked...

I like the idea of the mouse, just wish it was a little more subtle looking. I REALLY like the swappable center wheel and wish my G502 had that. I bought the G502 for the hyperscroll as I fell in love with it on my Performance MX, but the hard slippery wheel on the G502 kinda ruins it.

But that's the past. Now they're pretty good i gotta say.

Not a fan of Mad Catz, or the design of their peripherals, but the customization this mouse has is pretty intriguing, especially the sensor part. 

Yeah their design is something that you either love or you hate...kinda like Marmite xD

I dont like the aesthetics, and judging from the previous comfort of the rat mice I wont like it (I really hate how they feel)

BUT I love the customizability, that analog strafe is interesting, I wish somebody would bring out an analog keyboard (switable between digital and analog)

Yeah I really like this new analogue strafe, I also wonder if the mouse will have extra buttons on the scroll wheel...

The customizability of the mouse is why I bought mine :P I tried out the R.A.T 7 in store and fell in love with it, was like if only it had more buttons >.< then they MMO 7 came and I was like;

3tapsu.jpg

I had the original RAT7 the v1. It was the best mouse I ever had, seriously. The left mouse button died on me after more than 2 years of very heavy use. The only reason why I didn't buy it once again was because the v2 of the RAT7 is known for problems with the sensor. If this turns out to be as good as it looks it might just be my next mouse. 

Mine has lasted me over two years now, only trouble I've had is some dirt getting stuck in the scroll wheel, but it's pretty easy to fix.

The sensor issure, at least with mine, is just a bit of dirt/hair getting cort in its oracle but is easily fixed by blowing it out or running your finger over it :)

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD

The picture of the mouse is so edgy that I cut myself looking at it.

SNIP

still think they look and feel horrible :P and I dont find them comfy

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Mine has lasted me over two years now, only trouble I've had is some dirt getting stuck in the scroll wheel, but it's pretty easy to fix.

The sensor issure, at least with mine, is just a bit of dirt/hair getting cort in its oracle but is easily fixed by blowing it out or running your finger over it :)

Are you sure you have the v2 though, because the v1 has no reported problems with the sensor. The difference is that the accessories in the v1 come in a nice metal box, while the v2, the same box is now smaller and made of plastic. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

This is definitely on my radar as my current mice start to wear out. I think every RAT mouse I've seen is ugly as hell... except for this one.

Maybe a little too tacky for me, but still a major improvement.

Git Gud.

Are you sure you have the v2 though, because the v1 has no reported problems with the sensor. The difference is that the accessories in the v1 come in a nice metal box, while the v2, the same box is now smaller and made of plastic. 

Well I have the R.A.T MMO 7 and I'm sure it uses the same sensor as the V2 R.A.T 7 :S

Also I kinda forgot what the button does left of the left mouse click on my MMO 7... Have you got an idea what it's for? xD

The thing is hideous in my opinion.  But the innovation, customization, and modularity of this mouse is INCREDIBLE!  I'm really interested in the middle scroll wheel and which games you can really take advantage of its lean and tilt feature. 

This mouse.  Everyone else take note, because this is how it should be done in the future.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I still have my RAT 7 V1. I have some sensor issues (It would lose X-Axis movement randomly), and I had some issues with rust on the thumb adjustment, but it felt great. It was my first gaming mouse, and still probably my favorite. I use a Steel Series Sensei now, I personally liked my RAT better. The reason I use the sensei is because the way I gripped on the RAT made the front lift up and rest on the bolt in the back. I will probably definitely look into this, as I love the RAT series even with the issues I had

I still have my RAT 7 V1. I have some sensor issues (It would lose X-Axis movement randomly), and I had some issues with rust on the thumb adjustment, but it felt great. It was my first gaming mouse, and still probably my favorite. I use a Steel Series Sensei now, I personally liked my RAT better. The reason I use the sensei is because the way I gripped on the RAT made the front lift up and rest on the bolt in the back. I will probably definitely look into this, as I love the RAT series even with the issues I had

Mine also started to rust on the thumb wheel and on the adjustment tool thingy, but that was basically MadCatz's first gaming mouse so they are excused for that. I also used to own the SteelSeries Sensei. It was a nice mouse with a good sensor, but the glossy finish on it was horrible. Needless to say I returned it to the store after a couple of days and got the G600s. 

I was interested in this mouse, the appearance is pretty crazy making the standard rat series of mice look normal but im curious about the price, that will be the interesting factor, madcatz do try to blow shit out of proportion, eg strike 7 keyboard is the price of five humans.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I don't know if it would be much use to me, I use my old analogue joystick for flight sims and my M705 mouse is perfect for pretty much any game (the 18 months battery life is good too).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Not a huge fan of the bright green against the black. The customization is amazing though. 

I'm assuming they are going to be releasing different colored variants?

(be gentle I didn't watch the video yet)

All i wanna know if at least one of those sensor is optical, i always loved the modularity of the rar series the main drawback they had was the laser sensor, also how much are they asking for it

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

But it's sh*t more then likey.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard