Former Valve dev rants on working at Valve

rafbanaan

I thought Libre was forked from Open.

Some way round, idk.

It's work, you get paid to work not have a good time. People always find some reason to bitch about things....been on the net lately?

his bitching isnt about having a good time, is about not being able to work because of the environment

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

his bitching isnt about having a good time, is about not being able to work because of the environment

My thoughts on the matter are, the guy couldn't fit in. He couldn't get used to the working environment. This doesn't mean the working environment is bad. He is the one guy complaining versus the 300 or so that don't. It's his personal matter. No company will alter the work environment for one guy, unless you are John fucking Carmack or whatever.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

And yet their games tend to still suffer quality issues when they release.

Well judging from Metro Last Light, which ended up being a great game, a better working environment != better game. ;)

MacBook Pro 15' 2018 (Pretty much the only system I use)

It's work, you get paid to work not have a good time.

This ^.

Sheesh, because he's a programmer he expects to go to work and play as if he's in kindergarden-like atmosphere?  Pfft.  Also, learn not to burn bridges at your ex job, it might come back to bite you in the arse somewhere in the future.

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.7GHz | Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower Max AC | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz | GPU: MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G TwinFrozr V | Case: NZXT Switch 810 SE | Cooler: Corsair H105 Hydro |

SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Storage: WD Caviar Black 3TB | Displays: Samsung P2450 & Samsung 2232GW | Keyboard: Tesoro Colada G3NL Black Aluminum (Cherry MX Brown)

My thoughts on the matter are, the guy couldn't fit in. He couldn't get used to the working environment. This doesn't mean the working environment is bad. He is the one guy complaining versus the 300 or so that don't. It's his personal matter. No company will alter the work environment for one guy, unless you are John fucking Carmack or whatever.

wow calm your horses, i said that because that what this ex valve employee is complaining about from his prespective, and i just pointed that out, i dunno if his opinions are valid or not because i never worked on a office so i ain't giving my opinion on that, at most i can say hes right about people being loud and distracting, that annoyed me a lot on my school days

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

wow calm your horses, i said that because that what this ex valve employee is complaining about from his prespective, and i just pointed that out, i dunno if his opinions are valid or not because i never worked on a office so i ain't giving my opinion on that, at most i can say hes right about people being loud and distracting, that annoyed me a lot on my school days

Don't take every response you read on the internet as confrontational.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Don't take every response you read on the internet as confrontational.

your right just waked up and im a bit groggy so i read half your comment like normal and the other like a sudden explosion of rage, my bad :P

wtf somebody actually wants cubicles and if they are working on a game together they probably need to communicate a lot so cubicles would not be ideal

Meh.

This is nothing.

And the only thing people REALLY care about is whether he can confirm if HL3 is in the works.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...