How often did you have to RMA a part?

IMPERIUS

Hi!

just from curiosity, how often did you have to RMA  a part? Which one and why? Did you have any trouble doing it?

I personally don't have any experience with RMA-ing but I did once send back a pair of headphones since they were crap but that doesn't count, I guess.

Thanks

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Ummm... more than i'd like to really. 

I build PCs for my friends and family, had to RMA 3 Mobos (2 asus 1 gygabite), 1 SSD (OCZ), 1GPU(Saphire) and 2 PSUs (Nox and unbranded).

Ive built about 13~15 computers.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Twice. It was a case - the Rosewill Thor case to be exact. My sound card and graphics cards refused to fit and one of the plastic pins that goes into the case(the top cover) just straight up broke.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

My mouse... 2 times.

The mouse wheel click kept breaking...

Twice in my entire PC lifetime. The first thing was my Roccat Kave 5.1 headset, no problem RMAing. The other was my H110, because of the plastic backplate and the threaded metal things were overspinning in it, and I couldnt get a tight lock. No problems RMAing here also, just that I had to send the whole cooler to Corsair in Netherlands and it cost 20€, but meh...

• I have RMA'd a Samsung Blu-Ray pplayer, because it was overheating. Had no problems at all. I mailed it to the store, and they changed the motherboard in it.
  • I have RMA'd a Sony TV, becuase the top half of the panel keeps breaking. 7 years later, and the panel still has warranty due to all the repairs.
  • I RMA'd a Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme becuase it was DOA. Just sent it back to the store, and recived a new one.  

Edit:

• I also RMA'd  a Razer Tiamat 7.1 headset that I got for free. The left ear cup would cut out randomly, so I sent it to Razer, and they replaced it.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Ummm... more than i'd like to really. 

I build PCs for my friends and family, had to RMA 3 Mobos (2 asus 1 gygabite), 1 SSD (OCZ), 1GPU(Saphire) and 2 PSUs (Nox and unbranded).

Ive built about 13~15 computers.

What was the problem?

My mouse... 2 times.

The mouse wheel click kept breaking...

Was it from Razer?

I had to RMA a Western Digital Caviar Black hard drive to NCIX once and it was done without a problem.  I also thought I had to RMA a Mushkin Joule 1000 watt PSU but somehow this thing is working proper in a system now but with that system none of the parts are overclocked. Still when I was going through setting up the RMA process with Mushkin it was simple but it was annoying.  They expect me to pay the shipping to get it to them.  I think companies have such a low percentage in failure rate with products that they should be covering larger portions of all of the cost of shipping something back.  I guess EVGA does that.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I've rarely had to RMA anything, though with my latest build I had to RMA both of the GPUs (MSI 290X Gaming). On one of the cards the fans wouldn't always start and on the other card one fan was leaking oil.

What was the problem?

Mobos: broken audio, broken integrated GPU and something unkown that made the PC crash.

the SSD had HDD like speeds, the GPU had some terrible coilwhine same as the unbranded PSU. The Nox PSU fried up in an overcharge xD but the RMA covered it in guarantee lol.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

I never had to RMA a part, and under no circumstances would have tried, seeing as almost all my parts are used or past their warranty or both.

I've had to RMA my keyboard, then take the one they gave me back to them for another one a day later. Are you having a problem with your PC?

07e682534678b7402851b49dddabb2ff.png

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

What was the problem?

Was it from Razer?

Corsair M40, The one I have right now works fine but the shape is perfect for me.

And my keyboard too cos LEDs died.

I've rarely had to RMA anything, though with my latest build I had to RMA both of the GPUs (MSI 290X Gaming). On one of the cards the fans wouldn't always start and on the other card one fan was leaking oil.

Leaking oil?

I'm flabbergasted. How does a gpu leak oil?

Woo!

Nvidia: Never

Amd Gpu: All the time. 3 cards, all defect. 

The universe hated me last year.

I've only RMA'd two things in the past 15 years. One was a 500GB hdd (seagate) when 500GB was the biggest available and it failed within 5 months. I ended up buying another HDD and installing it and using the replacement device in another build. I hate downtime. The other was a Razer Edge Pro tablet. When I got the replacement and the dock/controller thing didn't work I just sent everything back for a refund. I'm not keen on waiting on parts. These days I'll just trash it and buy another brand. 

A screen... it had some coil whine :/

Gigabyte*

Nox? did you buy our Spanish garbage :P?

The only PSU series that passed 80+ tests were Krypton... maybe bc they're made by Super Flower

im spanish xD

I've had to RMA my keyboard, then take the one they gave me back to them for another one a day later. Are you having a problem with your PC?

Haha no I get thoughts like that everytime and since I'm pretty new in this I just post it to get some answers and compare them with other people's experiences in my country. We have quite a lot of problems when trying to RMA a part :P

I have only RMA'd an SSD (from Sandisk) because i wasn't informed in what i needed to look at when buying an SSD. Got a much faster SSD now.

The 2nd thing i ever had to RMA was an HP laptop, which is why i hate HP nowadays.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

Wiflare, on 31 Dec 2014 - 1:13 PM, said:

Leaking oil?

I'm flabbergasted. How does a gpu leak oil?

I mean one of the cooling fans on the card was leaking some bearing fluid or lubricating oil or whatever fluid it is that fans have :)

The fan still worked but I doubt it would've lasted very long.

Two PC's in and I never have had to RMA anything.

I could have RMA'ed my Corsair 350D as one of the mounting tabs on the front fan cover was broken off but a little JB weld solved that faster than an RMA.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Nvidia quadro.

It then got lost in transit.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Nvidia quadro.

It then got lost in transit.

Ooof..that sucks. On my new build I've had to RMA my PSU (Corsair RM1000), one of the HDD's (WD Black 3TB) and the motherboard (Asus x99-Deluxe) is currently on its way to Asus. Pain in the ass....

Only on gpu and that was the Zotac GeForce GT 720

I've never had to RMA a part, even used parts. I think a lot of RMAs are user error or lack of knowledge by the user.