Project [NoName], watercooled Mini-ITX build

Markkedi

Dat sleeving... 

Fractal Design Define R4 | Intel i7-4770K | Corsair H80i | Corsair SP120 PWM | MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING | 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro | MSI GTX770 GAMING | Samsung 840EVO 120GB | 2x WD Red 2TB | Corsair AX760 | Windows 8 Pro

• 1 month later...

Man I just check this post, and damn what an amazing job, Can I have your skills?

Awesome build, keep up with the awesome job. I will be waiting for new updates.

Subscribed

Everyday Rig: CPU: Intel i7 3930k (stock), Graphics Card: Asus Strix GTX 1080 Advance Edition, Ram: 32Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance, Storage: 128Gb Samsung 830, 2Tb Seagate Barracuda, CPU Cooler: H100i GTX Noctua F12 iPPC 2000RPM and Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM, Windows 10 Pro, Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 80Gold, Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Keyboard: Corsair K65 Cherry Red,  Mouse: Razer Mamba TE

Man I just check this post, and damn what an amazing job, Can I have your skills?

Awesome build, keep up with the awesome job. I will be waiting for new updates.

Subscribed

Thanks and how about no on transferring skills to you, I kinda still need them :)

Next update has new parts, some reservoir tapping action, finished mPCI-e card adapter and whatever I manage to do today :)

And here we go. Lets start with quick picture of cleaning used gpu block with acid. That shiny copper looks good, although the copper won't be visible when I paint the sides of it. 

blokki.jpg?img=small

Next up some new stuff. I got new cpu block too since I lost mounting screws for my old one :D This shipment contained:

- Four Gentle Typhoon 1450rpm fans

- Swiftech MCRES Micro Rev2 Reservoir

- XSPC Raystorm CPU block

- And Alphacool HF SLI connection 1 Slot

IMG_8575.jpg?img=small

I'm going to sand the plexi of the block to get more constant light distribution of the LED's and those I'm going to switch into red ones of course :)

IMG_8576.jpg?img=small

As for the reservoir, I have already got rid of the mounting clips so it can fit on it's place.

IMG_8584.jpg?img=small

Aaaand rest of the clips went out the window today. Next, drilling and tapping.

WP_20130620_004.jpg?img=small

First a small hole.

WP_20130620_005.jpg?img=small

Then bigger and bigger and finally the last size 11,5mm

WP_20130620_007.jpg?img=small

And of course I forgot to take the last pic of tapped hole but here is a snail for replacement.

WP_20130620_003.jpg?img=small

Lastly, the adapter for mPCI-e card is READY!! :) And for those who hasn't read the previous posts. I took the wlan card out of the Gigabyte Z77N-Wifi board to accommodate adapter that makes that slot into PCI-e x1 slot and in there I place my Asus D2X soundcard. So maybe it is now a Z77N-HiFi? 

WP_20130619_002.jpg?img=small

IMG_8572.jpg?img=small

IMG_8568.jpg?img=small

And finally. Top screws are going to be black or red :)

IMG_8594.jpg?img=small

Thats it for now but don't worry, next update won't take this long since this needs to be ready before august for Assembly Summer 2013! :) Hope you enjoyed this update and remember to give feedback :)

Loving it, that is all

CPU: Intel i7 3750k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Poor MotherbordGigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H   GPU: EVGA GTX 650 ti |

Power Supply: Seasonic 650W G series | Monitor: HKC2612A Keyboard: Corsair K60  | Mouse: Func-MS3 Headset : Sony MDR - V6

Love it all

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

So maybe it is now a Z77N-HiFi?

Simple, but funny.

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

ERMAHGERD.  That is such a genius form factor plan to fit so much in such a small case :O

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

oh dear lord! really ? really ? are u serious... that PCi-e adapter.... incredilbe!!! ;)

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Thank you all :) Thinking of making video of how I manage to get all the parts inside :)

Go for it !!!! :P

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Awesome log, Just had a wee look through.

Curious as to why you went with the Gigabyte Z77N, it is VCore locked.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

Awesome log, Just had a wee look through.

Curious as to why you went with the Gigabyte Z77N, it is VCore locked.

EVGA Stinger was my first choice but it was just launched and the price was sky high then and it's availability wasn't that good either. Also Stinger's mini PCIe slot is in bad place for sound card. Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE has the same problem with the mini PCIe slot and it is awfully blue :wacko:  Asrock's mini ITX board Z77E-ITX also has the mini PCIe slot in bad place and generally I don't trust their boards that much.

There are the main reasons why I went with the Gigabyte. I also like Gigabyte generally and I have been talking with ocn mod of modding the Z77N's VCore  ;)

Also thank you all for sub's, likes and comments  :)

EVGA Stinger was my first choice but it was just launched and the price was sky high then and it's availability wasn't that good either. Also Stinger's mini PCIe slot is in bad place for sound card. Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE has the same problem with the mini PCIe slot and it is awfully blue :wacko:  Asrock's mini ITX board Z77E-ITX also has the mini PCIe slot in bad place and generally I don't trust their boards that much.

There are the main reasons why I went with the Gigabyte. I also like Gigabyte generally and I have been talking with ocn mod of modding the Z77N's VCore  ;)

Also thank you all for sub's, likes and comments  :)

The Stinger is one of the worst Z77 mITX mobo's. The Gigabyte follows up closely, then the MSI.

Asrock and Asus make the best mITX Z77 boards.

The Asrock is the best bang for buck, and the second best overclocker, the board is pretty amazing.

The Asus board blows everything out of the water, it's pretty darned perfect, aside from price.

The Gigabyte is frankly, trash. It's pretty terrible, sorry to say. Even with the VCore mod, the heatsinks are pretty rubbish.

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

How did you manage to get sponsored by Bitfenix?

CPU: RYZEN 5 2600   Motherboard: MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC   Memory: CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX 16GB 3200MHZ   Storage: TEAM GROUP MP33 1TB

GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW   Case: COOLER MASTER NR200P   PSU: CORSAIR SF600   Mouse: G PRO WIRELESS   Keyboard: ANNE PRO 2

Wow, this log looks amazing. I love that its build from scratch, i would like to do that if i had the tools and the time! Nice work!

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

Next 24 Hours!!! Keeps getting Better :D

Build log

CPU: FX-6100 @ 3.9 MOBO: GA 990XA-UD3 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB GPU: HD6870 PSU: Corsair GS800 Case: Bitfenix Outlaw SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Cooling: Custom Water-Cooling Peripherals: Keyboard: G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Sensei Steering Wheel: Logitech G27 Sound: Speakers: Logitech x530 Headset: Razer Chimaera Monitor: Benq G2450HM, LG 32" TV

Next 24 Hours!!! Keeps getting Better :D

Mainly showing off the fittings but I might do the tubings as well and take a look how it looks like and how everything fits there :) Even though case isn't nearly finished but I get a clearer view if something needs to be moved one or two millimeters :D

Ok, let's just keep it simple today since my back is really killing me :( But test fitting everything still might happen in the next 24 hours :)  

But, now to the pictures.

IMG_8685.jpg?img=img900

I honestly remembered that I ordered 2 black Monsoon angle adapters and 3 red ones but I checked the plans from the gallery and they proved me wrong. I don't think it's end of the world though  :D  Those two Swiftech's adapters are for gpu since I was afraid Monsoon ones wouldn't fit in there with the top on. 

IMG_8690.jpg?img=img900

And this is how they look with the tube.

IMG_8693.jpg?img=img900

Can't be 100% satisfied with the Monsoon adapter since the coating seems to be chipping of  :unsure:

IMG_8705.jpg?img=img900

Just wanted to line up almost every component to see how much stuff is going in there

IMG_8698.jpg?img=img900

And for comparison I wanted to throw the case in the middle of all the parts.

IMG_8703.jpg?img=img900

Sorry but that's it for now as clock is 1:15 at night now and my back hurts too much for sitting  :(  But stay tuned for some test fitting action tomorrow  :)

I Love the look of monsoon fittings, I'm thinking of them for my new build when i decide to watercool it! 

Build log

If I may, why the voltage locked motherboard?

Sure you may but I already explained why to Demos at the end of last page

EVGA Stinger was my first choice but it was just launched and the price was sky high then and it's availability wasn't that good either. Also Stinger's mini PCIe slot is in bad place for sound card. Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE has the same problem with the mini PCIe slot and it is awfully blue :wacko:  Asrock's mini ITX board Z77E-ITX also has the mini PCIe slot in bad place and generally I don't trust their boards that much.

There are the main reasons why I went with the Gigabyte. I also like Gigabyte generally and I have been talking with ocn mod of modding the Z77N's VCore   ;)

Also thank you all for sub's, likes and comments   :)