Project [NoName], watercooled Mini-ITX build

Markkedi

That is just showing off :P Looks amazing that wrap.

So as I promised yesterday, here is an update on the fan controller :)

I didn't like the original light blue backlight so I decided to change that to red. I tried different ways but I found this way best for me.

_full.jpg

​_full.jpg

​

Here is the BitFenix Recon in it's original condition. It is nice but it's backlight isn't good for my case.

_full.jpg

​_full.jpg

To disassemble this, only 4 screws needs to be removed from the corners to get it apart. Touch panel was glued to the front so I had to be careful to remove it so it wouldn't broke.

​_full.jpg

This is what it looks like without covers.

​_full.jpg

​_full.jpg

Next step was to get plastic film what I was going to use to make backlight red. Film wasn't red enough so I decided to use huge sharpie to color it more darker. But where is this going to be? I bet you will guess wrong.

​_full.jpg

​_full.jpg

​IMG_6431.jpg

Red film goes between backlight module and screen itself. I just slide the film between those and it goes there pretty smoothly.

​_full.jpg

​_full.jpg

And in my opinion it works great! :) I left 5.25" metal piece out because I wont be needing it. Unfortunately as I was putting it together, I applied to much pressure in touch panel and heard the worst sound ever *SNAP* and touch panel was broken :( I have requested new one from BitFenix so it will be in working condition when i need it :)

Thanks to BitFenix for sponsoring my build

_full.jpg

That was one of the coolest (and so simple!) mods I have seen! Hope it looks great when you get the new one from Bitfenix!

"Townes van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." - Steve Earle

Too much pictures for quote :) Edited them out.
Yeah, I got new one already from BitFenix and I only switched the touch panel so I didn't need to do anything else and now it is working like a new one :) Also I now have an extra Recon for workshop so I don't need to worry about breaking it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome scratch build. Looking forward to the finish :-)

watching build logs of custom cases is so much more interesting, cant wait to see so more progress. Hopefully i can do something like this in the near future, ill have to make some mock-up sketches

this is turning out awesome i want more :P

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

That is one awesome build i wish i had access to that kind of equipment .

Brilliant space management. I really like seeing someone get that deep into the metal work rather than "erector set"ing it. you might like to play with cars aswell? 

"If you can't fix it, it isn't broken."

Man this is one of the bests build logs I've seen so far! Those little touches you have made, such as your red film, absolutely fantastic. Keep us posted man, really excited to see the finished product! :) 

Hooooooooly crap dude. This build is insane. Great work. Super excited to see the finished product!

Zephyr:

3770k (Stock clock) w/ Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R | 16GB DDR3 @ 2133Mhz | 2x Radeon HD 6950 (Reference, stock clock) | Asrock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional | Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200w | 60GB SSD Boot, 750GB HDD Media, 1TB HDD Programs

Wow, a lot of replies :) I have been sick for couple weeks and on top of that really busy as I got internship. Luckily I now work in the same building as where I build my project so I can make a lot more progress after the work rush cools off. I have made one update in Finnish forum but day after that, when i supposed to make update in here I got sick and it needed to wait because I didn't want to write it in high fever and I don't think anyone doesn't want to read some feverish ramblings that have no sense in them :D But now I'm getting better and most of what I write makes some sense now :) Expect update today or tomorrow as I have fully recovered :) And thank you all for your kind words, they keep me going :)

UPDAAAATE! 

Now the GPU is confirmed as I visited my friend yesterday and he happened to have an extra Gigabyte HD 7950 Windforce rev.1 and as it is rev.1 it has reference PCB :)

But now to the todays update. I have now mounted the Bitfenix Recon into front of the case.

First I needed some guiding lines so I know where to cut it.

IMG_6714.jpg?img=img900

IMG_6717.jpg?img=img900

and after cutting the hole. It looks rough but no worries as it is going to be covered.

IMG_6718.jpg?img=img900

As for test fitting it I used my second Recon that I received from Bitfenix so I could replace the touch panel that I broke previously. It is going to be black in 

IMG_6721.jpg?img=img900

IMG_6725.jpg?img=img900

IMG_6723.jpg?img=img900

There it is. New update is coming shortly and it will be concentrating to motherboard, sound card and adapter for half sized mPCIe card to accommodate full sized card. 

Some teasers of the next update.

IMG_6817.jpg?img=img900

IMG_6822.jpg?img=img900

Awesome, Looking forward for more pictures and finding out how you can do this without making it look weird :lol:.

This build gets more amazing with every update. Can't wait to see some progress!

Can't get enough of this!  Absolutely fantastic workmanship.  I hope this gets featured.

"Townes van Zandt is the best songwriter in the whole world and I'll stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table in my cowboy boots and say that." - Steve Earle

Awesome, Looking forward for more pictures and finding out how you can do this without making it look weird :lol:.

This build gets more amazing with every update. Can't wait to see some progress!

Thank you! I can't wait for them either :D

Can't get enough of this!  Absolutely fantastic workmanship.  I hope this gets featured.

I can't get enough of it, even when I'm in bed i get awesome ideas to make this more awesome :) I wouldn't mind if it would get featured :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys for being so late with the updates. I have been trying to get GPU for cheap and my friend has one HD 7950 but he hasn't been ready to give it up for me yet. I almost got two used GTX680's for 500€ but then seller suddenly sold them to his friend :/ Now when spring time has come to Finland too my second hobby, photographing, has taken some time and a chunk from my budget too as I bought a lens and I am in middle of updating my body (40D->50D->7D) is taking up more time than usual as I try to do it cheap as possible :D 

But do not worry, after camera stuff and work stuff are sorted, project will be moving more swiftly :)

And so this isn't only text I'll add a photo of the "new" lens and flash triggers that I bought last wednesday :)

( Sorry for poor image quality as I had to use my phone :( )

WP_20130508_005.jpg?img=img900

Using the mPCIe card :).

Wow, amazing work! I really wish I could do something like that. Instead I'll just say that I wish I could buy one like that.

WOW man its coming together nicely awesome job!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Outstanding.

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Just awesome man.

Can you make me one!

PC SYSTEM: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 / i5 2500k @ 4.2ghz / CM Hyper 212 EVO / Gigabyte 670 OC SLI / MSI P67A-GD53 B3 / Kingston HyperX Blue 8Gb / 

WD 2tb Storage Drive / BenQ GW2750HM - ASUS VE248H - Panasonic TX-P42ST60BCorsair AX750 / Logitech K360 / Razer Naga / Plantronics Gamecom 380 /

Asus Xonar DGX / Samsung 830 256gb / MEDIA eMachine ER1401 running OpenELEC XBMC with Seagate STBV3000200 3TB Hard Drive - Panasonic TX-P42ST60B