Project [NoName], watercooled Mini-ITX build

Markkedi

Really cool! Tell me though, how do you get sponsored by these companies... especially Jimm's, do you work there?

EVGA Stinger was my first choice but it was just launched and the price was sky high then and it's availability wasn't that good either. Also Stinger's mini PCIe slot is in bad place for sound card. Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE has the same problem with the mini PCIe slot and it is awfully blue :wacko:  Asrock's mini ITX board Z77E-ITX also has the mini PCIe slot in bad place and generally I don't trust their boards that much.

There are the main reasons why I went with the Gigabyte. I also like Gigabyte generally and I have been talking with ocn mod of modding the Z77N's VCore  ;)

Also thank you all for sub's, likes and comments  :)

The Impact would have probably been the perfect board if they had a Z77 version at the time :(.

The Impact would have probably been the perfect board if they had a Z77 version at the time :(.

That would have been awesome :)

On the other note, it looks like no update today since I am lying down on living room floor and not being able to do anything. My own diagnosis is slipped spinal disk but doctor should give better one tomorrow if I make it there :)

EVGA Stinger was my first choice but it was just launched and the price was sky high then and it's availability wasn't that good either. Also Stinger's mini PCIe slot is in bad place for sound card. Asus P8Z77-I DELUXE has the same problem with the mini PCIe slot and it is awfully blue :wacko:  Asrock's mini ITX board Z77E-ITX also has the mini PCIe slot in bad place and generally I don't trust their boards that much.

There are the main reasons why I went with the Gigabyte. I also like Gigabyte generally and I have been talking with ocn mod of modding the Z77N's VCore  ;)

Also thank you all for sub's, likes and comments  :)

Just a heads up. I have the ASock Z77e-itx in my main system. I love it (except for the ASROCK utilities) and it has served me well. Not to mention, just the other day I was installing a cpu backplate when I noticed a second mPCIe slot on the bottom of the board. I don't know if that will help, but I never noticed it before

Prepare yourselves for some ugly phone photos of the watercooling test fitting. My back didn't let me to get proper camera so phone had to do. Didn't use the flash since it ruined colours.

WP_20130629_002.jpg?img=img900

WP_20130630_001.jpg?img=img900

WP_20130630_002.jpg?img=img900

WP_20130701_002.jpg?img=img900

WP_20130701_003.jpg?img=img900

WP_20130701_005.jpg?img=img900

Just a quick pic's. I know it looks messy and like a pile of crap but it was just test fitting. Paint, covers for everything and it should look good :)

Looks nice.

Can you still fit a power cable in your psu? It looks like the metal is covering part of the psu.

CPU: i5-3570K GPU: Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC MOBO: Asus P8Z77-M RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 16GB. PSU: Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 rev 2 

SSD: 1x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB, 1x Crucial M4 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB

Looks nice.

Can you still fit a power cable in your psu? It looks like the metal is covering part of the psu.

Thanks. PSU comes little bit up so SSD's are leveled with the top. I drilled the screw holes for the psu yesterday and at the same time I grinded 1mm from the metal from that place. Also I'm going to shorten the 24-pin, 8-pin and gpu power cables dramatically :)

• 2 weeks later...

Back panel is finished and I think it went pretty well. But you be the judge. Some holes came too big as I had to estimate the first cuts from the other side. Little bit more sanding and it will be good. Next up is the main canopy and bottom one. ETA is 13 days, 23 hours, 6 minutes and by then I supposed to be in Assembly summer with with fully completed project :) Feel free to ask any questions.

IMG_8899.jpg?img=img900

IMG_8904.jpg?img=img900

IMG_8905.jpg?img=img900

IMG_8906.jpg?img=img900

Woah, how'd you incorporate a soundcard into there?

CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | CPU:  i5 4570| CPU COOLER: Noctua NH-U12s | MOTHERBOARD: Asus H87-I Plus| RAM: Muskin Blackline 8GB | SSD: Samsung 830 128gb | 

SSD: Samsung 840 128gb SSD(Games) | GPU: Asus R9 270X DCUII | PSU: Seasonic 660w | MONITORS: LG 23" IPS 5ms |

Woah, how'd you incorporate a soundcard into there?

Using this little adapter. Or what were you after?

As JK Vengeance said, there will be soundcard added to the build. The adapter that I showed to you earlier is mPCIe ---> PCI-e x1 adapter and it converts mPCIe slot where wifi card is, to PCI-e x1 slot so i can use better soundcard :) Soundcard is going to be Asus Xonar D2X and it is 1cm longer than motherboard :D

P_500.jpg

Also, I found some leftover carbon vinyl from my previous project so I decided to cover that ugly green pcb and tinfoil cable :)

IMG_6696.jpg?img=img900

IMG_6698.jpg?img=img900

IMG_6702.jpg?img=img900

IMG_6707.jpg?img=img900

Yesterday was a good day all in all, even it started out little slow. I made soundcard holders for couple hours and they were small (4mm x 7mm x 2mm) drilling a hole and tapping them was the easy job but welding them on the right spot made me almost forfeit with them and to come up with a new plan. Eventually I got them where they supposed to be, if they were off by even 1mm they wouldn't line up with the soundcard. Next I made the "canopy" that I thought to be a problematic job but in the end it only took 3 hours to make it from plain sheet of 2.5mm aluminium to this.

WP_20130719_001.jpg?img=img900

Everything fits snugly in it's place and looks good. Next I need to do air vents for radiators and PSU. Also there is going to be couple surprize parts coming if my buddies can pull them off ;)

I know I have started getting sloppy with updates and mostly with pictures. Most of the time I'm so into the work that I forget to take pictures for you guy and I apologize that! Please forgive me :(

ETA: 11 days, 16 hours, 31 minutes

Its turning out awesome nice!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Why'd u weld the cover shut? What if you have to do wc loop maintenance? 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Why'd u weld the cover shut? What if you have to do wc loop maintenance? 

Nooo nonononononononononono. It's not welded shut  :) And welding aluminium to normal steel is a skill that I don't have  :D It is of course removable and it is going to be held together with screws. 

And again, thank you all for kind words  :wub:

oh ok then.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Huh?

Just ordered stuff for air vents, sorry for small pictures but that's only ones I got 

Ruostumaton100x100_pieni.jpg

Ruostumaton14x14_pieni.jpg

Also my friend is cooking up something nice with his CNC mill :) They are something along this render here that I found after my other friend made the proper cad files.

240%2520Overkill%2520Grill-001.JPG

(Disclaimer: Finished product might be the same or not to be the same. Picture is solely for demonstration purposes only. I do not have copyrights for this picture.)

(Disclaimer: Finished product might be the same or not to be the same. Picture is solely for demonstration purposes only. I do not have copyrights for this picture.)

140mm & 3D printing any1? Would look nice on my case :D

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv