Intel Core I5 4690k vs FX 8350

Yes I know that the I5 is better, but read further.

So after hours of thinking,I still dont know what to do.

If I choose for the FX, it will save me 150 euros because it's cheaper and its mobo is cheaper.

So my question is:

The core I5 is Better, but is it worth the extra money?

Thanks as always :P

If I choose for the FX, it will save me 150 euros because it's cheaper and its mobo is cheaper.

So nu question is:

Depends on rig budget

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

if your doing stuff other than gaming the 8350 is better

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

So my question is:

If you are going to be gaming yeah, but in many applications other than gaming you really won't notice that huge of a difference. And make sure the motherboard can handle it as well, as long as you dont overclock it, any motherboard that states " FX 8350 COMPATIBLE", and has reviews saying the same thing, a stock cooler + that will do you fine.

fx 6300 - sapphire dual x r9 270x - Zalman z9 - Evga 500B - Cooler master hyper TX3 - Win. 8.1 - Asrock 970 extreme 3 r2.0 - Crucial ballstix sport 8gb (2x4) - WD blue 1TB - some random optical drive for 11$

I game a lot as well, editinf too. But since I'm On a limited budget, I want to get a FX 8350 because its way more cheaper.

But what should I except? Do I end up crying about the fact that I should have get a I5?

I game a lot as well, editinf too. But since I'm On a limited budget, I want to get a FX 8350 because its way more cheaper.

But what should I except? Do I end up crying about the fact that I should have get a I5?

I'll be honest, to get decent performance out of an FX chip, you need an aftermarket therefore removing the "cheaper than an i5" route.

i5 4460

Cheap ass motherboard

Done

=

FX 8350

Decent 970 or 990

Decent Aircooler

I'll be honest, to get decent performance out of an FX chip, you need an aftermarket therefore removing the "cheaper than an i5" route.

i5 4460

Cheap ass motherboard

Done

=

FX 8350

Decent 970 or 990

Decent Aircooler

Wait I dont get it...and yes my budget really matters..

I was getting a watercooler anyway

So my question is:

Hey, I have friends that use Intel and I have friends that use AMD. I've played on my own PC which uses a 4670k as well as others which use a FX 8320. Let me just say that if you're gaming, you will barely notice a difference. Intel processors use less power are less noisy and stay cooler. However AMD chips have more cores and multi-task well unless they're up against an i7. Honestly if you're getting a good graphics card then just go with the AMD processor. However I'd grab the 8320 over the 8350, there is almost no difference. Unless you can get the 8350 cheaper of course then go for it.

Over all save the 150 euros and buy some games. I love Intel and I love Nvidia but if you can save some money then why not right? 

Can't you just look in one of the other 5000 posts about this? Intel is better for gaming, no questions asked. AMD is good if you are doing video editing and gaming, mainly video editing and stuff. To be honest, I'd go Intel over AMD even if I'm video editing alot, which I am doing, just because of the upgradability in the future since you're not buying a dead socket.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Gnome Child.

Can't you just look in one of the other 5000 posts about this? Intel is better for gaming, no questions asked. AMD is good if you are doing video editing and gaming, mainly video editing and stuff. To be honest, I'd go Intel over AMD even if I'm video editing alot, which I am doing, just because of the upgradability in the future since you're not buying a dead socket.

Already looked like crazy, But I thought why the heck not ask the question myself?

Hey, I have friends that use Intel and I have friends that use AMD. I've played on my own PC which uses a 4670k as well as others which use a FX 8320. Let me just say that if you're gaming, you will barely notice a difference. Intel processors use less power are less noisy and stay cooler. However AMD chips have more cores and multi-task well unless they're up against an i7. Honestly if you're getting a good graphics card then just go with the AMD processor. However I'd grab the 8320 over the 8350, there is almost no difference. Unless you can get the 8350 cheaper of course then go for it.

Over all save the 150 euros and buy some games. I love Intel and I love Nvidia but if you can save some money then why not right?

I got a 7850HD 2GB..

i5 4460

Cheap ass motherboard

Done

=

FX 8350

Decent 970 or 990

Decent Aircooler

What about a msi 970 gaming? That should be okay, right?

Thanks for all the replies Guys (or girls.. if they exist..jk)

My setup is going to be:

Processor: FX 8320 (like yourdad said, theres not much difference and I can get it much cheaper then the FX 8350)

Mobo: MSI gaming 970

RAM: 8GB ram (idk which Exactly, but it doesnt really matter)

Cooler: Nzxt kraken x41

GPU: Sapphire 7850HD 2GB OC (this is my old GPU, But I think its powerfull enough)

Anything that I should change?

Again, thank you very much for the replies!!!

Removed

Edited by Windspeed36
Pointless

My setup is going to be:

Processor: FX 8320 (like yourdad said, theres not much difference and I can get it much cheaper then the FX 8350)

GPU: Sapphire 7850HD 2GB OC (this is my old GPU, But I think its powerfull enough)

Cool, now you're good to go. Like I said before a powerful graphics card will work with the FX 8320 well. Until you need to upgrade your card the 7850 should do fine. When the time comes to upgrade, I'd recommend a GTX 960 for it's great upcoming price and performance ratio. Also if you're willing to spend more, the 970 or 980 could be a more premium price for performance option. Hope this helped! :)

My setup is going to be:

Look's great dude! I would recommend overclocking to around 4.4ghz or 4.6ghz.

I've built both AMD systems and Intel systems, and if there are any fanboys of either here, you can get your asses off this forum right now.

The 8320/50 is still viable as a gaming part, especially at the killer price it's at right now. If you're streaming, it's that or a 4/5820K if you don't want a hefty performance hit. The extra cores in the 8350 make streaming and multitasking so much less of a chore, not to mention any multithreaded applications, in which it famously shredded it's competition. It's a monster when it comes to handbrake for one.

If you're going for single threads or efficiency then the Intel part will win hands down, but it's not always about that, people.

I've built both AMD systems and Intel systems, and if there are any fanboys of either here, you can get your asses off this forum right now.

The 8320/50 is still viable as a gaming part, especially at the killer price it's at right now. If you're streaming, it's that or a 4/5820K if you don't want a hefty performance hit. The extra cores in the 8350 make streaming and multitasking so much less of a chore, not to mention any multithreaded applications, in which it famously shredded it's competition. It's a monster when it comes to handbrake for one.

If you're going for single threads or efficiency then the Intel part will win hands down, but it's not always about that, people.

PREACH IT SISTA!

Cool, now you're good to go. Like I said before a powerful graphics card will work with the FX 8320 well. Until you need to upgrade your card the 7850 should do fine. When the time comes to upgrade, I'd recommend a GTX 960 for it's great upcoming price and performance ratio. Also if you're willing to spend more, the 970 or 980 could be a more premium price for performance option. Hope this helped! :)

Yes, thank you do much :)

I might upgrade to a 970 or 960 later on :D