wtf are "nucs"

marat569

When Linus says at the end of his videos "Save on select Intel Processors, SSDs, and Nucs"; wtf are those -- never heard of them.

Seems like a media center box/web server.. thing.. HTPC..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Very very small computer made by Intel. Would be great HTPCs if they didn't tend to overheat.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/nuc/nuc-kit-d54250wyk.html I know it's rude to post google results, but come on... it was literally the first one... @marat569

Google doesn't increase my post count, and let me make friends! 

And thank you, it's basically like that gamecube size gigabyte pc linus reviewed; just never heard that term used before.

Very very small computer made by Intel. Would be great HTPCs if they didn't tend to overheat.

Really they overheat? I don't expect people to do intensive stuff, but if it's just web browsing, it shouldn't overheat

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Really they overheat? I don't expect people to do intensive stuff, but if it's just web browsing, it shouldn't overheat

I'm dumb... I confused it with the Gigabyte Brix... sry.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Intel NUC - the NUC stands for Next Unit of Computing in case you don't know

A nuc is a Pc that is smaller then you average laptop but does  need another output display in order to fuction properly (not mentioning the also required mouse and keyboard)

i use one as a htpc running win8.1, it boots straight into xbmc and I have a USB receiver so I can use a remote.

Corsair C70 Black Windowed | Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 1866Mhz | SLI GTX 780 Classified | Corsair AX860 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 2x2TB WD Green

Corsair 350D Windowed | Asus Gryphon Z87 | i5 4670k | Corsair H75 | Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 2x4GB 1600Mhz | Corsair RM550 | Samsung EVO 250GB SSD | 4TB WD Green.

Bitfenix Phenom ITX White | Asus Z97i-Plus | Pentium G3258 | Noctua NH-L9i | Kingston HyperX Fury White 2x4GB 1866Mhz | Silverstone Strider 550 | Crucial M.2 120GB SSD | 4x5TB WD Red. (work in progress)

It's a blown up Raspberry Pi -not really-, it's a small PC.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

When Linus says at the end of his videos "Save on select Intel Processors, SSDs, and Nucs"; wtf are those -- never heard of them.

Nukes in disguise. Yes, that's how they're pronounced. On December 31st, 2020 they all blow up.

Just kidding, :D

They're basically small form factor PCs and you can build cool stuff with them. Like raspberry Pi, but with an Intel CPU. And they're actually pronounced "nak".

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Do people buy them? I know linus mentions them for $$ (I would advertise Jenkem for $$), but who would really spend thier money on a "nuc"? Get a server blade for a server and put it in a drawer (what I do).

It's a pocket pc lol

My Rig: CPU - Intel i7 2600k OC @ 4.5 GHz | CPU Cooler - Coolermaster Hyper 212+ (Push & Pull) | Motherboard - Asus P8P67 Deluxe | RAM - Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600GPU - EVGA GTX 980 (SC) | Case - Coolermaster HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition | PSU - Corsair TX850W | DisplaysDell S2417DG, BenQ XL2420T | Keyboard - Logitech G213 Prodigy |  Mouse - Logitech G303 | Headset - Sennheiser PC363D | Questions? Twitter=@Mattler119 

NUC = Next Unit of Computing

Typically sold as a barebones platform with a sauntered-on-processor. You add RAM and ssd.

MIDGET PC

Or in PC (Politically Correct) terms, handicapped hardware, computationally impaired computer, short wafer bus computer, weak wafer pile computer, computationally limited computer, ... I could go on :lol:

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

It's a mini-computer that literally could fit into your pocket. I considered it once.

It's a mini-computer that literally could fit into your pocket. I considered it once.

I'm glad you came to your senses. ;)

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

Do people buy them? I know linus mentions them for $$ (I would advertise Jenkem for $$), but who would really spend thier money on a "nuc"? Get a server blade for a server and put it in a drawer (what I do).

Yes - I've seen the sales figures for the Australasia channel and they're growing every year. NUC's aren't really targeted at the enthusiast community with the exception of the Brix 760's. They're best suited to business environments on  all scales as they are rock solid, support Anti-Theft, Secure Key, IPT and Intel SBA. They can bolt onto the back of a monitor easily, support up to 16GB of memory and either an mSATA or 2.5" drive - Brix from Gigabyte will support both of them. They've also paved the way for SuperMicro and other vendors to bring out tiny form factor motherboards (smaller than DTX/ITX) but yet still support Windows and aren't a client - I've seen people modding those boards into their cars all the time. 

small computers

>tfw no princessan 

my rig : Intel Xeon 1246-v3 , asus z97 sabertooth mark 1 , 16gb hyperx fury , 1tb wd black , 240gb hyperx 3k ssd , corsair 650w RM psu , hyper 212 evo , gtx 970 ,

and a cat