Heading back to console gaming

G9x001

With the price of PC gaming going nowhere but up its time for me to head back to the Xbox for my gaming sessions.  

Prices are cheaper than ever right now. Edit: Just noticed you're in Australia. Prices are shit there.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

With the price of PC gaming going nowhere but up its time for me to head back to the Xbox for my gaming sessions.  

lol pc parts are cheaper than ever w/R9 price drops :P

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

I agree with the guys above, prices are cheap nowdays

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of the garden, I'd pull the curtains." - Bill Shankly

He tuned. BURN IT WITH FIRE!

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

yeah... just maybe a troll thread

SONG- If you like pina-colatas ME- I like them SONG- And getting caught in the rain ME- I sorta like that SONG- If your not in to yoga ME- I hate yoga SONG- Then im the love that you look for ME-  :blink:  no...

In response to prices are cheap now when and what are you comparing this to.

Guys stop being assholes about it, he's in Australia, the land where everything is expensive and tries to kill you!

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

In response to prices are cheap now when and what are you comparing this to.

R9 prices, at least here in the US are much cheaper. I got my 280 for $200, it was $250 when it was released, and there are some even cheaper than that.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Australia isnt very pc friendly.  Have fun m8.

Personal Rig v3: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X | Noctua NH-U14S | Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro ITX | Zotac GTX 2070 8GB | 16GB G-Skill Trident DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA Supernova 750B | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX 

Peripherals: Sennheiser HD518 & Classic ModMic | Corsair K65 Luxe | Zowie EC2 | ASUS VG259QM  |  ASUS VG278E | Klipsch ProMedia 2.1

Guys stop being assholes about it, he's in Australia, the land where everything is expensive and tries to kill you!

Yea that $16 minimum wage must suck so bad.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

PC GAMING CHEAP   Your got to be stupid.

<td colspan="3 style=" padding:0="" 0="" 20px="" 0;"="">  
PCCG-BLDCLW970WN7-TH.jpg

PCCG Bloodclaw 970 Gaming System     $1499.00   add2cart_large.gifadd2wishlist_large.gif   instock_large.gif    
Intel® Core™ i5 4590 Processor, MSI B85-G43 Gaming Motherboard, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4GB graphics card, 8GB Kingston Hyper X Fury 1866MHz DDR3, Kingston HyperX Fury 120GB solid state drive, Seagate Barracuda 1TB hard drive, Red Nanoxia Claw Case, Windows 7 Home Premium and more.

System Components: Please note:
  • All PCCG systems are pre-built and ready to ship and cannot be modified.
  • Monitor and peripherals not included.
Xbox One Console + Kinect + 7 Games

Xbox One
Console Hardware

BUY NEW

$599.00                            800239_packshot_l_v3%20(1).jpg

+ Add to cart

In stock

• Usually ships within 1-2 business days. (?)
  • Ships to Australian addresses only.

-snip-

Pre-built systems are always more expensive than building your own.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

lol pc parts are cheaper than ever w/R9 price drops :P

Yeah, but then you have the issue of putting out large amounts of heat into an already warm room...

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

R9 prices, at least here in the US are much cheaper. I got my 280 for $200, it was $250 when it was released, and there are some even cheaper than that.

You could by a top of the range HD 5870 for that back in 2010 not a lower tier card like the R9 280. How is that cheap.

Yeah, but then you have the issue of putting out large amounts of heat into an already warm room...

It's really not that much heat, I can barely feel a difference when my all AMD system is under heavy load.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

You could by a top of the range HD 5870 for that back in 2010 not a lower tier card like the R9 280. How is that cheap.

5870 wasn't top of the line back then. That would be the equivalent of an R9 270 today. A 5950 would be the equivalent of an R9 280.

Edit: Also the 5870 launched at $379.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

not with a non-ref cooler

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

your crazy pc gaming and pc stuff is way better and faster.

can you play 4k on a console NO

can you play at 60fps on console NO

stay with pc

wolffangs147

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

not with a non-ref cooler

Not really sure how that works? Doesn't non reference just remove the heat from the GPU and case faster?

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11