Heading back to console gaming

G9x001

That is the most uneducated thing I have ever read.

for the price of one Top of the range card now you could buy two top of the range cards 4 years ago. have your wages gone up 100% in 4 years?

The hell are you getting your numbers from? Prove me wrong.

Edit: The GTX 280 at launch was $650USD. The GTX 980 right now is about $550USD. And don't forget how much more powerful a 980 is compared to the 280.

All of you guys are major assholes, If he cant afford the PC then why bash him for going to a Xbox no amount of builds will fix the fact he can't afford a PC.

cokeman??

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

All of you guys are major assholes, If he cant afford the PC then why bash him for going to a Xbox no amount of builds will fix the fact he can't afford a PC.

Because he can build a similar performing PC for the price of an Xbox.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I don't care what platform he plays on. If he enjoys console more, then he should play on console. I'm just pointing out that the cost of computers is not going up, but rather down.

I agree no need to make him feel bad. We have no idea of his financial situation. 

I do have to ask, do you already own a gaming PC? I assume you do. You know you don't have to max everything out on Ultra and get the latest cards? GPUs can last for years. I snagged Tomb Raider for $3.99 on Steam a few weeks back, be that is a $20 used title for console. But if you can't afford it you can't afford it, have fun on Xbox.

Current PC build: [CPU: Intel i7 8700k] [GPU: GTX 1070 Asus ROG Strix] [Ram: Corsair LPX 32GB 3000MHz] [Mobo: Asus Prime Z370-A] [SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB primary + Samsung 860 Evo 1TB secondary] [PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 750w 80plus] [Monitors: Dual Dell Ultrasharp U2718Qs, 4k IPS] [Case: Fractal Design R5]

Don't feed the troll, gents.

Its not a troll I'm just over the price of PC gaming.

Its not a troll I'm just over the price of PC gaming.

Honestly, this never even should've been posted. You knew that you were gonna get backlash. Next time don't do something like this. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

I agree no need to make him feel bad. We have no idea of his financial situation. 

I do have to ask, do you already own a gaming PC? I assume you do. You know you don't have to max everything out on Ultra and get the latest cards? GPUs can last for years. I snagged Tomb Raider for $3.99 on Steam a few weeks back, be that is a $20 used title for console. But if you can't afford it you can't afford it, have fun on Xbox.

Thanks for the support its nice to find someone who can think outside of the box. 

I do have a PC you can check out the components on my profile and you will see some of the parts are in need of an upgrade so hear I'am moving back to Console.

ca6f7f03bea5e0144848b3ec018f1267.gif

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Thanks for the support its nice to find someone who can think outside of the box. 

I do have a PC you can check out the components on my profile and you will see some of the parts are in need of an upgrade so hear I'am moving back to Console.

you have a i7 and a r9 290x. What are you complaining about??? You have a fairly good system that already outperforms any console out there.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Honestly, this never even should've been posted. You knew that you were gonna get backlash. Next time don't do something like this. 

Well in response to that It would be nice if people could look at the facts and learn to read the POST heading instead of Trolling this post with BS. I didn't ask for BS comments to be made. The heading wasn't Consoles are better then PC's.

But thanks for you one side view on things.

Well in response to that It would be nice if people could look at the facts and learn to read the POST heading instead of Trolling this post with BS. I didn't ask for BS comments to be made. The heading wasn't Consoles are better then PC's.

But thanks for you one side view on things.

I've been a console and PC gamer my entire life. PC's are better for somethings, consoles are better for somethings. But when it comes to price PC is better, at least here in the US. Have fun with consoles.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Can we get a mod to lock this topic. It's getting out of hand and is pointless. This is something you can post about on Twitter.

And to the haters. Let the man play what he wants. Why do you care?

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Enjoy the 900p resolution buddy

Don't you mean 792p?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

i just put together a 350$ computer for my brother, i gave him my old motherboard and cpu and hes gaming at 1080p 60fps on every game

PCs are getting more expensive ur right OP but so is bread, so is gas. i dont see people saying "Cars are so expensive nowadays im gonna go ride my bike for 40miles to work" (obviously we do but those people seriously have something lose in the brain)

But when it comes down to the true price for performance of a PC/Console, not only are u getting higher res, higher frame rate, and a lot more free stuff and cheaper games, (that in itself made me build a 1100$ computer) ur getting a PC that can be just upgraded. if i start to get lower frames in 4-5 years from now ill pop in another card and be happy as can be, with consoles years from now youll be stuck with the SAME hardware that obviously wont be able to play in there 900p and youll be back to 720p consoles at 30fps.

So yea youll save 200$ going with xbox. but youll lose a lot more in the long wrong IMO

If u casually play games and dont really care about having smooth better quality game play then go for ur console, just dont complain when ur boot times get slower or it takes 10min to load ur friends list. friends xbox is already progressively taking longer and longer to do those things and he cant just pop in a SSD

i live in australia and i dont think its that bad. I buy all my games during the steam sale, so i think it would soften the blow to our really high prices of everything

How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.  :D

Step 1: Move to US.

Step 2: Find place to live.

Step 3: MEGA PROFIT.

Seriously though, once you have the PC, online gaming is free. On the Xbox you will have to pay, so it seems kind of counter-intuitive...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Well I have both consoles and a gaming PC. I'm predominately a PC gamer, but I do own a console due to a terrible thing known as exclusives. But anyway onto PC vs Console. 

The initial setup cost of a console is cheaper than a PC, as you pointed out it's $600 console vs $1,500 desktop, even if you build it yourself with equivalent parts you'll be look at around $1,400. So yes initial setup cost is a lot lower for a console. But you do get something for the extra money you pay, first off you can do a lot more with a PC than a console, secondly a PC will be capable of running consoles at a lot higher settings than the console can hope to achieve in this case. There is no competition when it comes to graphical fidelity, assuming the game isn't a terrible port or just all round terribly developed all-round *cough* AC: Unity *cough*. That means you'll get better graphics with the PC.

If you were to drop the performance on the PC to one that's closer to the console the price disparity will be smaller, you'll be looking at a $800 system. At this point you can change the settings and run a game to look basically the same a console. However there are some drawbacks, first off with consoles because you're sitting further back, the disparity between graphics isn't as obvious, so you'll notice the lower graphics on a budget PC more, although you can always plug your PC into your TV and use it like a console if you wanted. The other thing is that because consoles have set hardware, overtime developers will get better at optimising their games since they don't need something like DirectX to act as an intermediary, so developers get more out of the hardware, having said that due to physics and technological limitations it can't ever reach the point where it overtakes the $1,500 PC. It will probably get closer to a $1,000 PC before they hit a hardware wall. 

But that's just the initial costs, lets think long-term. A game that's available on multiple platforms, say Dragon Age: Inquisition from JB Hi-Fi (because screw you EB) is $79. Same game from JB Hi-Fi for PC, $69 that's a $10 saving. If we assume you went the $1,500 significantly better graphics route, that means you need to buy ~90 games to make your money back; ignoring the time value of money. But if you were to go on the many online distribution, which will be $59, so a $20 saving, reducing the number of games you need to buy to ~45. This is of course ignoring the existence of Steam Sales, aka when Gaben burns a hole through your wallet day, which normally results in even bigger savings; for example Bioshock Infinite $7.50 on Steam, $49 at JB. $40 saving. So while the initial investment of a PC is higher than a console, in the long-term you may end up saving money depending on how many games you buy. 

Obviously there is the exclusives argument, hence why I also own a console, but game time wise, I've spent a lot more time on PC exclusives; especially recently with games like DotA 2 which also happen to be free to play. So my argument is the assertion that PC gaming is too expensive and everyone should play consoles is misleading. 

Guys stop being assholes about it, he's in Australia, the land where everything is expensive and tries to kill you!

got that right

you have a i7 and a r9 290x. What are you complaining about??? You have a fairly good system that already outperforms any console out there.

My case is broken, mouse is worn out, HDD is full, and my keyboard W doesn't work properly. And I'm sure my overclocked CPU will die one day soon so I weighed up my options and for some reason Landed on the Console again (after 8 years on PC). I play games for there content fun, excitement, enjoyment. Not so I can say I have a hi FPS or Resolution.  

got that right

You sure that Australia's prices > France's prices ?

Cuz it's really expansive too ...

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless