Heading back to console gaming

G9x001

Not really sure how that works? Doesn't non reference just remove the heat from the GPU and case faster?

Also consoles normally output a lot of heat too.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Also consoles normally output a lot of heat too.

Yeah, for there performance It's just stupid how much heat they produce.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

PC prices are dropping and always have been

That is the most uneducated thing I have ever read.

for the price of one Top of the range card now you could buy two top of the range cards 4 years ago. have your wages gone up 100% in 4 years?

for the price of one Top of the range card now you could buy two top of the range cards 4 years ago. have your wages gone up 100% in 4 years?

Not even. AMDs mid range cards back then cost twice what their high end cards cost now.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Not really sure how that works? Doesn't non reference just remove the heat from the GPU and case faster?

derp me, I thought you were concerned about case heat, not room heat

Want a good game to play?  Check out Shadowrun: http://store.steampowered.com/app/300550/ (runs on literally any hardware)

another 12 core / 24 thread senpai...     (/. _ .)/     \(. _ .\)

mmm gotta love that 29.97 FPS

However, price for performance has definitely increased as time went on, technically lowering the cost per xxxx that any component can do

Long time Linus fan with too many different forums to keep track of LTT's. 

5870 wasn't top of the line back then. That would be the equivalent of an R9 270 today. A 5950 would be the equivalent of an R9 280.

Edit: Also the 5870 launched at $379.

So you payed $250 for a Card that has the same performance of something that you couldn't even give away. Yes I'm picking up how PC gaming is getting cheaper. 

So you payed $250 for a Card that has the same performance of something that you couldn't even give away. Yes I'm picking up how PC gaming is getting cheaper. 

Not what I'm saying. I'm saying that the performance back then would be equivalent now. And I only payed $200. It's a great card.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

With the price of PC gaming going nowhere but up its time for me to head back to the Xbox for my gaming sessions.  

Do you mean the games or hardware, in relation to prices going up.

Just for clarification.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

You build a PC and then you don't have to touch it for awhile. There are many videos based on how to make console killer PCs... its not like you have to buy a new graphics card every month...

Not even. AMDs mid range cards back then cost twice what their high end cards cost now. 

would you like to check on that GOOGLE IT as i like to say.

Do you mean the games or hardware, in relation to prices going up.

Just for clarification.

The hardware prices mainly GPU's there prices are ridiculous 

would you like to check on that GOOGLE IT as i like to say.

The AMD HD 5870, the equivalent back then to a R9 280X right now was $379 USD at launch. Right now a 280X is $250 USD. And a 290X is $320. The 5970 was $600 USD. Tell me again how prices have gone up.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

You build a PC and then you don't have to touch it for awhile. There are many videos based on how to make console killer PCs... its not like you have to buy a new graphics card every month...

how often do you touch a Console thats right never

For a 33 year old, you act worse than some of the fan boys in my class...

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

The AMD HD 5870, the equivalent back then to a R9 280X right now was $379 USD at launch. Right now a 280X is $250 USD. And a 290X is $320. The 5970 was $600 USD. Tell me again how prices have gone up.

The HD 5970 was a dual GPU card like the R9 295X2 the HD 5870 was AMD best card you could by at the time the R9 280X is a entey level card. your comparing two different lines of cards. you should be placing the HD 5870 against the R9 290x the current top of the line card from AMD.

For a 33 year old, you act worse than some of the fan boys in my class...

People don't like facts do they.

How about instead of proving that PC is the masterrace, you guys go watch Linus's recent techquickie video about console VS PC. Its all about the circumstances. There is no "better' choice. It is what works for that specific person. Now stahp it. there is a defiantly a place for console gaming, and there is defiantly a place for PC gaming.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

You can build a system cheaper than that idiot. 

And what play tetris on it.

And what play tetris on it.

My system cost me around $1000 USD, I didn't even try to save money. I can play games on Ultra with 60+ FPS. Don't tell me that you can't build a cheap PC.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

post-77647-0-78360300-1419396954.png

... You were saying?

No one touches a console because this happens

xbox-one-ban.jpg

GG troller. gfg.

Yes because an equivalent card now for an extreme fraction of the price means the prices are going up. Now I get it...

Dude, no.