Where do you guys keep your computer?

Neat, pics?

I keep mine on top of my desk in my room, I only have 90 sqft but I use it for the important stuff, a giant desk.

I just got a phone I can take pictures with but I'm out of town right now so it will be awhile before I can get a pic but I did make a post with a drawing of it

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

where my TV is slash closet is......right next to a toolbox because room :P

3EsvOEy.jpg

Edited by Ramamataz

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

My daily driver is a laptop so it's subject to change but most of the time it stays at my desk paired to an Acer S200HL.

Bedroom for sure. When I get a really nice TV in my living room I will put it behind the entertainment center.. I have it on top of my desk which I do not like but my floor is carpet.. I would rather be annoyed the risk putting it on the furry static demon from hell.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

Bedroom, on the carpet, I use it to rest my feet on them, it's over 53 centimeters (20 inches) so it's perfect.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

I used to keep it on my desk in my bedroom until I got the Enthoo Primo. Good luck putting that on a normal-sized desk.

Main System: [Windows 10 Pro] [Core i7 5960x] [Asus Rampage V Extreme] [32GB 2400mhz G.Skill Value] [Corsair AX1200] [RXT 2080 Super] [Corsair H100i] [Thermaltake Core P3]

I game in the room where all the unwanted shit from around the house goes xD

I keep mine in my room next to a heater, also I put a blanket on it covering all the fans so it doesn't get cold.... brr

Below my desk

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65

-

<---------------

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

Mine sits in my room on top of my desk nearly 3 ft off the ground.

It is decently quiet and I wanted to keep if off the carpet and I still have plenty of room on my desk for all of my peripherals, including a 24" monitor and 32" TV. 

Halfbreed

Hello guys, I'm just curious how where did you place your PC? Where would you put your PC with the exception of floor, desk, behind the monitors? Where else you could put it?
 This is just a discussion/think-tank/a game where and how you place your PC.
Imagine this situation: you need a powerful PC to work with. You can go and buy the parts, build it and that's fine. But now comes the dilemma: where would you place your workstation? (Imagine that you need the power of X99 or Xeon processors with ATX motherboards).
- On the desk - okay, on one hand, if you have a large desk then ok, no problem, but for me, I feel, that it shouldn't be placed there, especially a PC in a huge case will divide a desk on two parts: "used" and "never touched", on the other hand if you have quite narrow desk and you would like to have some space for two monitors, so the workstation will be sitting just outside the desk - probably on the floor. 
- On the floor - place your pro machine on the floor and don't forget to kick it sometimes (and sometimes it happens) ...
- Behind the monitors - not quite reachable, but at least you can't kick it. 

The solution would be using Mac Pro 2013 or some kind of all-in-one workstation like HP Z1 G2 or probably iMac with Retina 2014, which is powerful enough and still have plenty of room on the desk, but iMac is not the best option, we all know why. How would you solve this "problem"? Any ideas? Or the question may be asked this way: what's the smallest box you can put in your "beast" without chopping off any "limbs"?

Well, you can rebuild your office at the end, but that's time consuming, right? I wonder what you will come up with. :)

A dedicated shelf just above the monitors ? 

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

If talking a desktop style (not like the Mac Pro) probably in a shelf under the desk.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

If your desk is deep enough (front to back), then you could put the tower directly behind your monitor. 
I use this approach at LAN parties for a smaller footprint

317 is watching. 317 is everywhere. 317 is life.

i have mine on a home-made shelf fixed on my table legs

like this:

YBmT7up.jpg

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

I have this cabinet with a strange lip for me to put just about as big of a case as I'd like underneath it.

2d6f3f667d5f0fda5bb83c5b7997f5c5.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It depends 

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

under the desk

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

A dedicated shelf just above the monitors ? 

Yep, that would be quite interesting place for a workstation, right? Just find the right case...

If your desk is deep enough (front to back), then you could put the tower directly behind your monitor. 

I use this approach at LAN parties for a smaller footprint

Well, yes, for LAN parties it's fine, nobody wants to stand up to get to the PC, everybody is just enjoying the game ... I understand that you don't need to reach the PC. I'm not quite sure if I would do that for a workstation...