A Guide to Buying the Right Mouse

No. By definition laser sensors have acceleration. Even good laser sensors like the one in the M65 have some hint of mouse accel.

This is not correct... By definition, single sensor lasor mice have acceleration.

Phillips Twin Eye (PTE) sensors do NOT have acceleration and are also very common in gaming mice (see Razer Naga). They DO however have issues with z-axis so it you ever lift your mouse while gaming... Well don't.... Ever... Or you will die...

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

This is not correct... By definition, single sensor lasor mice have acceleration.

Phillips Twin Eye (PTE) sensors do NOT have acceleration and are also very common in gaming mice (see Razer Naga). They DO however have issues with z-axis so it you ever lift your mouse while gaming... Well don't.... Ever... Or you will die...

Feel like I may have addressed this elsewhere... can't remember.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The more buttons, the better. I'm an all round gamer. I love RTS', but feel pleasure in shooting some targets in Sniper Elite or Counter Strike from time to time. What do you think is a good all round mouse?

if the more buttons the merrier then the obvious solution is a Naga. Which is really the only reason to buy it anyways.

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Feel like I may have addressed this elsewhere... can't remember.

We have talked about it before. I just get annoyed that people don't distinguish the two which are very radically different sensor types even though both are laser.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

if the more buttons the merrier then the obvious solution is a Naga. Which is really the only reason to buy it anyways.

I need to stay by my saying, #NeverBuyRazer!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

I need to stay by my saying, #NeverBuyRazer!

Just saying... Not many PTE mmo mice...

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Most exist because HIGH DPI EQUALS BETTER GAMING as a lot of advertising would have people dictate. In reality much lower DPI is better than high DPI, for example check every professional FPS gamer out there (400 DPI optical) and what they're using. They're all using optical sensors.

Corsair does utilize a laser sensor in their M65 as well as Sabre, can't recall any others.

And no, not all lasers totally flat-out suck for gaming, in fact the M65 is one of the better laser sensors out there. However, we are nowhere near laser sensors being the FPS gaming choice for those who can win scholarships and money and such with the best peripherals for games.

Hope this helps :)

The sabre is available in a optical variant. I happen to have one.

That mouse is quite the victim with marketing (all those megaxpixels and DPIs!)

It's weird that they don't make an optical version of that. A Logitech G602 is wireless but should suit if you like having lots of buttons.

Same question I've asked for years why don't all of Razer's premium mice just have the sensor from the DA?

@STRMfrmXMN : Appearantly I have medium hands ... But I don't even lift so my arm looks weird ...  :P ( 7,25 inch in length and 3,35 inch width ) 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

• 3 weeks later...

The sabre is available in a optical variant. I happen to have one.

Sorry I never got a notification for this being responded to over two weeks ago....

How's the optical sensor?

Same question I've asked for years why don't all of Razer's premium mice just have the sensor from the DA?

because Razer...?

I mean you gotta have 23984723904729834729384723904872309487230948 DPI right?

@STRMfrmXMN : Appearantly I have medium hands ... But I don't even lift so my arm looks weird ...  :P ( 7,25 inch in length and 3,35 inch width ) 

Lol, @ has no wrists xD

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Sorry I never got a notification for this being responded to over two weeks ago....

How's the optical sensor?

because Razer...?

I mean you gotta have 23984723904729834729384723904872309487230948 DPI right?

Lol, @ has no wrists xD

The new Mamba has 15000. Oh the horrors, why!!!!!!

The new Mamba has 15000. Oh the horrors, why!!!!!!

So that once you have 4k surround or 8k monitors it is usable duh... I mean isn't that what everyone uses their mice for?

On an aside outside of games I do use around 3500 DPI on my dual 1080p setup (although I am space limited) outside of games. If you don't have twitchy hands, it is very nice.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

So that once you have 4k surround or 8k monitors it is usable duh... I mean isn't that what everyone uses their mice for?

On an aside outside of games I do use around 3500 DPI on my dual 1080p setup (although I am space limited) outside of games. If you don't have twitchy hands, it is very nice.

Oh BTW I pre-orded the Tournament Edition before full specs were out aparently its wired but teh non TE is wirelss, kinda makes sense if you were going to use it in a tournament environment but then why not just use the DA?

Oh BTW I pre-orded the Tournament Edition before full specs were out aparently its wired but teh non TE is wirelss, kinda makes sense if you were going to use it in a tournament environment but then why not just use the DA?

I use a Naga because it's comfy. The buttons are a nice extra.

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

I use a Naga because it's comfy. The buttons are a nice extra.

I have a Naga 2014 and the Naga Epic Chroma. I do like them quite substantially but i would like that shape but with the six side buttons of the naga hex them maybe throw on the DA's sensor.

Im looking to sell the Naga Epic Chroma BTW.

I have a Naga 2014 and the Naga Epic Chroma. I do like them quite substantially but i would like that shape but with the six side buttons of the naga hex them maybe throw on the DA's sensor.

Im looking to sell the Naga Epic Chroma BTW.

Hmm. Does the da have a optical or some sensor of note? I'm a big fan of the 12 key setup my main complaint is I want the color scheme of the red hex in the Naga without having to get the chroma.

I like the Naga sensor (pte is pretty nice at both low and high dpi) quite a bit but I will admit it took a while to get used to not lifting the mouse at all in game play. (But I use a heavy palm grip so it wasn't that big of an adjustment.)

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

Hmm. Does the da have a optical? I'm a big fan of the 12 key setup my main complaint is I want the color scheme of the red hex in the Naga without having to get the chroma. I like the Naga sensor quite a bit but I will admit it took a while to get used to not lifting the mouse at all in game play. (But I use a heavy palm grip so it wasn't that big of an adjustment.)

Deathadder is optical yeah

Infrared Optical to be exact.

I forgot why I never considered the DA, after using a Naga for so long going below 9+ buttons is unthinkable to me haha. I bring my Naga to work and my boss freaks out when he tries to use it. (He uses acceleration and a Mac magic laser eww.)

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

• 4 weeks later...

Any good MMO mouse that you would suggest, @STRMfrmXMN?

I use the palm and fingertip grip, and prefer that it goes good with my red themed build!

Oh, and no wireless please!

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

I use the palm and fingertip grip, and prefer that it goes good with my red themed build!

Naga Hex perhaps? Corsair made a new RGB MMO mouse but it has yellow on it. Most MMO mice are just kinda overpriced sadly :/

Naga Hex perhaps? Corsair made a new RGB MMO mouse but it has yellow on it. Most MMO mice are just kinda overpriced sadly :/

Google

Razer logo pops up

Panic

Please warn me next time :P

The Corsair looks good, is there any word going around about a non-yellow version?

And the only other MMO mice I found were all Laser. (Roccat Nyth, Logitech G600) which I, if I understand correctly, aren't really good, are they? (When it comes to sensors)

Basic guide to CPU's!

Google

Razer logo pops up

Panic

Please warn me next time :P

The Corsair looks good, is there any word going around about a non-yellow version?

And the only other MMO mice I found were all Laser. (Roccat Nyth, Logitech G600) which I, if I understand correctly, aren't really good, are they? (When it comes to sensors)

Well the Naga is actually a mouse that I give a pass to from Razer as it isn't made as bad as most of their stuff. The Corsair does not have any colors out besides the one currently but knowing Corsair there will definitely be a new color sooner rather than later as they do listen to the community. The Logitech G602 has lots of buttons and is made well but is wireless (you get used to it though) and it has like a 250 hour battery life.

Naga Hex Red Edition (just picked on up myself, pics to come soon)

Naga Hex Red Edition (just picked on up myself, pics to come soon)

Oh yeah you bought one didn't ya!