Minecraft Story Mode announced from the creators of the Walking Dead series.

TwistedDictator

Set in the world of Minecraft, the series will feature an original story, driven by player choice” while Mojang chip in with word that “Mojang is collaborating with Telltale and members of the community to make Minecraft: Story Mode as Minecrafty as possible.” Then we hop back over to Telltale to hear that the series “will mix new characters with familiar themes, in an entirely original Minecraft experience, inspired by the Minecraft community and the game that continues to inspire a generation.

Mojang put together this little browser “game” for it as the press release

Mojang is collaborating with Telltale and members of the community to make Minecraft: Story Mode as Minecrafty as possible.
The first episode will be released some time in 2015, and will be available on Xbox consoles, PlayStation consoles, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android-based devices.
Minecraft: Story Mode will be released episodically, just like The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, or the recent Tales from the Borderlands, which is another developer-collaboration series between Telltale Games and Gearbox Software.
We’re not intending on creating an “official” story for Steve, or explaining the world of Minecraft in detail. It will be a cool game.

Source

Cool story bro.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

qTHxOZx.gif

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

I remember when Tech News was Tech News. 

Pepperidge Farms has had it with this crap. 

If you dont like what people consider news then leave. A lot of people that enjoy playing minecraft consider news.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

If you dont like what people consider news then leave. A lot of people that enjoy playing minecraft consider news.

Tech News is fairly clear. The mods haven't decided on updating this to include gaming things that quite honestly aren't so much tech news. And I'm not saying there isn't genuine gaming news, sometimes theres some very good stuff that is properly presented that I have no issue seeing. 

People like @Johners, @GoodBytes, @Dietrichw, @Tech_Dreamer, @brownninja97 and many others make quality posts with proper formatting, proper personal opinions and don't just post so they can say "first". Your post is low effort and not that remarkable. You want to post, thats fine. Do a better job about it. Don't half ass it and then get defensive and tell people to leave if they don't like it. 

Do a better job and make quality posts and I'd happily read them and engage. 

people calm the hell down, anyways this could go two ways, very well or badly, minecraft just have much going for a storyline so it might end well. For the record i count any gaming stuff as tech news.

Telltale are badasses at storyline so im putting my money on this ending well.

Also @TwistedDictator for future reference in the op it would be nice to hear an option or two about the news that you have reported. I feel as if the news is on this site then we should do something to put our mark on it. So people know its from LTT

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

..... very few telltale games have ever been good..... after they butchered monkey island I never had a desire to try them out again. Isn't the whole point of minecraft it not having a story, but letting you make your own?

people calm the hell down, anyways this could go two ways, very well or badly, minecraft just have much going for a storyline so it might end well. For the record i count any gaming stuff as tech news.

Telltale are badasses at storyline so im putting my money on this ending well.

Also @TwistedDictator for future reference in the op it would be nice to hear an option or two about the news that you have reported. I feel as if the news is on this site then we should do something to put our mark on it. So people know its from LTT

I prefer not too. I like to put my personal comments in the comments section. I like to let people to make there decision before reading mine.

Tech News is fairly clear. The mods haven't decided on updating this to include gaming things that quite honestly aren't so much tech news. And I'm not saying there isn't genuine gaming news, sometimes theres some very good stuff that is properly presented that I have no issue seeing. 

People like @Johners, @GoodBytes, @Dietrichw, @Tech_Dreamer, @brownninja97 and many others make quality posts with proper formatting, proper personal opinions and don't just post so they can say "first". Your post is low effort and not that remarkable. You want to post, thats fine. Do a better job about it. Don't half ass it and then get defensive and tell people to leave if they don't like it. 

Do a better job and make quality posts and I'd happily read them and engage. 

Because you dont like the way I post news is a half ass job? Get your head out of your childish a*** and grow up. I prefer my way, there is no rule on the way I want to post news. As I said, if you dont like get off the thread :) You want me to put pictures everywhere and put some sarcastic jokes on a news thread lol GTFO of here lol

This is just one thread I made. I cant always put pics but when I CAN (yes when I can), I do it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/270814-naughty-dog-shows-photo-realistic-nathan-drake/#entry3674343

Slick:

as much mc as i play, i dont think this will be that cool :S

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

oops repost.

Slick:

..... very few telltale games have ever been good..... after they butchered monkey island I never had a desire to try them out again. Isn't the whole point of minecraft it not having a story, but letting you make your own?

Walking Dead S1&2 and The Wolf Among Us have been very well received, and the first episodes of Game of Thrones (and I think Tales from the Borderlands) have been decent as well. I've heard Jurassic Park was a piece of crap, but the material they've been putting out over the last two years has been pretty great.

I will admit, I'm a bit skeptical about a Minecraft story mode, though.

I COULD (weasel word warning) use this opportunity to write a guide on how to make a decent tech news post.

IT would be a fairly simple guide. 

"See these following users? These are the random collections of 6 of their posted topics in Tech News. Follow their lead or GTFO"

Cause we have people who put in effort, but people just want the WAN Show mention and easy way to post. 

-snip-

Love your sig btw...

I think a story mode, if done right, would be great. I'd play it for sure.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.