Rumor: Oppo Find 7 with 4000mAh battery and Snapdragon 800 processor

sony-xperia-z-vs-oppo-find-5-find-5-aa.j

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the Oppo Find 5 which cause many nerdgasms when the specs were first revealed since it was the first smartphone we had heard of which had a 5" 1080p display and Snapdragon S4 Pro as well as a beautiful chassis and high build quality.

RBMen has come across some specs of the successor to the Oppo Find 5, which will supposedly be called the Find 7.

• Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor (unknown clock speed)
  • 5 inch 1920×1080 display
  • 2GB RAM
  • 13 megapixel rear camera
  • 8 megapixel front facing camera
  • NFC enabled
  • 4000mAh battery

It seems almost all specs have been bumped up and represent about the best specs you can hope to have right now. The 4000mAh should offer plenty of juice compared to other 5" smartphones such as the 2600mAh one in the SGS 4. If this is anything like the Find 5 it will be unremovable, but I doubt that would matter much to most users with such a massive capacity.

It also features the Snapdragon 800 processor, which is currently the fastest mobile SOC as well as a 13MP camera and 2GB RAM just like its predecessor. What stands out to me is the 8MP front camera as opposed to the Find 5s 1.9MP camera which is still considered average by today's standards.

It's expected to be about 9.9mm thick, which is slightly larger than the Find 5, but judging from most comments I see many people prefer a thicker device for the sake of good battery life. This device is expected to be released by mid-September but it is unknown which regions it will launching in first.

Source: http://www.androidauthority.com/oppo-find-7-4000mah-battery-229658/

Looks so sexy and i bet it costs a lot.

Hopefully the battery is as good as they promise 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Sounds awesome!
Looks amazing!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Sounds awesome!

Looks amazing!

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

If you're talking about the picture that's a Find 5, but judging from their previous phones it will probably look amazing and have very high build quality. Who knows, maybe it will have an aluminium unibody  :wub: .

If you're talking about the picture that's a Find 5, but judging from their previous phones it will probably look amazing and have very high build quality. Who knows, maybe it will have an aluminium unibody  :wub: .

yep ik :P

actually really hopping they do though metal like the HTC One would be amazing..

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I need to know the price before I come to a conclusion about the phone. Anyone knows how much is it going to cost?

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

Above picture is oppo find 5,not find 7.

Yeah, I put it there because I didn't expect most readers to know about Oppo's previous products (in fact the first paragraph talks about just that). Also I find news pages look extremely boring without a picture.

I need to know the price before I come to a conclusion about the phone. Anyone knows how much is it going to cost?

Like I said not much is known other than this little rumour/leak. That said the Find 5 had an MSRP of 499 for the 16GB model and $569 for 32 GB, which was very reasonable considering the specs.

I'm more excited about the Note 3. Hopefully Samsung says something on the 20th. The find 5 does look nice though. But I can't see the phone having an 8mp front facing camera and that large of a battery. That's bigger than the Note 2 and that's a 5.5" phone. So that would have to be a thicker phone which doesn't seem to be the norm at the moment.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

Looks so sexy and i bet it costs a lot.

Hopefully the battery is as good as they promise 

The Find 5 was around $500 if I remember right.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

yea it was, unlocked and international too!

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

MSRP of 499 for the 16GB model and $569 for 32 GB

I'll admit I didn't even read your post lol

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

sony-xperia-z-vs-oppo-find-5-find-5-aa.j

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the Oppo Find 5 which cause many nerdgasms when the specs were first revealed since it was the first smartphone we had heard of which had a 5" 1080p display and Snapdragon S4 Pro as well as a beautiful chassis and high build quality.

RBMen has come across some specs of the successor to the Oppo Find 5, which will supposedly be called the Find 7.

• Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor (unknown clock speed)
  • 5 inch 1920×1080 display
  • 2GB RAM
  • 13 megapixel rear camera
  • 8 megapixel front facing camera
  • NFC enabled
  • 4000mAh battery

It seems almost all specs have been bumped up and represent about the best specs you can hope to have right now. The 4000mAh should offer plenty of juice compared to other 5" smartphones such as the 2600mAh one in the SGS 4. If this is anything like the Find 5 it will be unremovable, but I doubt that would matter much to most users with such a massive capacity.

It also features the Snapdragon 800 processor, which is currently the fastest mobile SOC as well as a 13MP camera and 2GB RAM just like its predecessor. What stands out to me is the 8MP front camera as opposed to the Find 5s 1.9MP camera which is still considered average by today's standards.

It's expected to be about 9.9mm thick, which is slightly larger than the Find 5, but judging from most comments I see many people prefer a thicker device for the sake of good battery life. This device is expected to be released by mid-September but it is unknown which regions it will launching in first.

Source: http://www.androidauthority.com/oppo-find-7-4000mah-battery-229658/

That's actually really sexy, 4000mAh battery is just OMG!

If I was a betting man I'd say this is easy $700 

Main Rig: i5 760 @ 4.0GHZ Asus p7p55d-e, 8GB Corsair Vengance @ 1600 Mhz. Samsung BX2231 X 3 (5760x1080)

EVGA GTX 680 Superclocked +150/+500, 128GB Crucial M4, 1TB WD Black

Xonar DX, AudioEngine A2, Astro Mixamp, AudioTechnica ath-m50 & ath-ad700

If this is the case, this might be my next phone, will run CM on it

i hope that someone makes a phone with a springsteel unibody. no more dents, better heat dissipation and i don't care about the added weight. it could also be made thinner. so long as it's properly coated it wouldn't rust. I'm really hoping that this OPPO phone has something like that, they've made steel framed phones in the past.

Like its slim form factor and having a 4000mah battery. Just need to find out if this phone has good heat dissipation.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

4000 mAh battery in a 5 inch phone? I'd say instant buy if I didn't rely on the phone companies' subsidies to get my high-end phones. I know that there are advantages to getting them unlocked, but they're not worth adding several hundred dollars to the price.

• 2 weeks later...

How have i not heard of this. 

This sounds freaking amazing. 

And the phone's cheaper than s3/htc one. 

Srsly, tell about this earlier on.

Stuff I have I like: Moto G - Superlux HD681 Evo - Monoprice 9927

90% of what I say is sarcasm.

No rumored price = no care

Lol not serious. I'd buy one of these just so nobody would know the kind of phone I have. I'm weird like that. If it has better battery life than my Nexus 4 then it would without a doubt be an instant buy for me.

It has some nice specs, not 100% on the looks though.

If only it was available in the Nexus 4's case... (maybe the Nexus 5 will?)

It has some nice specs, not 100% on the looks though.

If only it was available in the Nexus 4's case... (maybe the Nexus 5 will?)

That's not a picture of this actual phone, that's actually its predecessor, the Find 5 which looks very different then its own predecessor so we have no idea how this will look :P.

That's not a picture of this actual phone, that's actually its predecessor, the Find 5 which looks very different then its own predecessor so we have no idea how this will look :P.

Oh.  :P But I don't think it'll look a whole lot better, though that might not be the case. (pun intended)