What is the best headphone price/performance

The-youri
Go to solution Solved by Archangel1994,

ATH-M40X are excellent value

Hi there ,

im searching for a good headphone that will sound good .

i'll use them mostly for 

gaming

listening music

movie's

they also have to fit nice when im using them 4 to 5 hours

beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm

audio technica ath-m50xBL

the beyerdynamic are also 50 euro's cheaper .

i'm going to use my headphone's with the  Asus Xonar u7

thnx for the help and info ,

Hd 558, akg k612 pro, hd 598

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

Superlux 668B's if you are on a budget, i use a pair of them as my daily driver on work, and nothing bad to report so far after a year of use, just got my second spare pair.

but they say that the beyerdynamic fits nice and feels nice after long hours of listening and the ath-m40x are irritating after a few hours

but they say that the beyerdynamic fits nice and feels nice after long hours of listening and the ath-m40x are irritating after a few hours

Yes, that's the gist.

Quick, commence the echo-chamber linking of all relevant Tek Syndicate and LTT videos.

Yes, that's the gist.

Beyerdynamic Costum one Pro's?

Why? long sessons of gaming also has some bassy extra's functions (its a closed headphone)

You can buy a mic for it the mic not that good also not terrible.

I have a Beyerdynamic MMX 300 because the mic is beast and i like the headphone for long sessons (LOVE the vellure pads)

Beyerdynamic Costum one Pro's?

Why? long sessons of gaming also has some bassy extra's functions (its a closed headphone)

You can buy a mic for it the mic not that good also not terrible.

I have a Beyerdynamic MMX 300 because the mic is beast and i like the headphone for long sessons (LOVE the vellure pads)

Erm, what? Quote the wrong person?

Quick, commence the echo-chamber linking of all relevant Tek Syndicate and LTT videos.

People should really stop linking those.  At least, stop just posting it without any context or further thoughts on the matter.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

People should really stop linking those.  At least, stop just posting it without any context or further thoughts on the matter.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

As long as people can get post count and likes and think they're "helping" things like this will never stop.

:/

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Can confirm you can wear the beyerdynamics for hours and hours with no issues. The pads on them are like heaven. 

I wore them for 7 hours solid yesterday and they are just as comfortable as when you first put them on.

I'm using a pair of the atm m50s as I type this. For you're money they are great, I would recommend getting a pair of vellure pads though, the pleather will crack about 18 months in, although I use mine walking around as well so the temperature and humidity is not constant. The vellure pads make these headphones SOOO much nicer, I acutally enjoy wearing these for long periods now. Pickup a filo e6 amp btw, ita about the size of 2 50cent piece stacked on top if each other. For $20 bucks you'll be incredibly happy if you my choose to use them away from you computer.

The build quality of these are solid, I've had mine for two years and they are holding up great, I've shoved these in back packs and suitcases in probably 12 plane rides, I have used them outside when it's snowin and lightly misting, and I've used them for sessions as long as 8 hours. The spring in the end near the cable is a great feature, keeping the cord from breaking at it's most vulnerable point. So they are fairly stable Id say. Sound quality is "good for your money" fake what I payed for I'm happy but they can't compete with it's higher priced competitors. Overall I'd buy them again.

As for the Berys, I personally really like the 990s, they sound great. Really comfortable too, I so find they are a bit heavy for me when wearing them for extended periods. I love wearing them when I'm playing drums because I find they have better sound isolation then the m50s and they fit snug in my head. they are also really solid in there build, would buy again as well. I would look at a sound chart and see what you prefer and think about what factors you would consistently use. Hope that helped.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

As long as people can get post count and likes and think they're "helping" things like this will never stop.

:/

Rant mode: ON

Pretty stupid the amount of people throwing "here watch this video and find out yourself" when they come here for the first time for an answer. Many more would just throw the most common answer (read: hyperx & M50x). Superlux 668B and Shure SRH840 is probably more suitable than both of those for gaming and sound monitoring

If you're gaming and listening to music/movies, you'll probably want an open back headphone. Beyerdynamic has probably one of the comforts on a headphone due to the extremely soft velour pads and the DT 990 Pros have a really wide soundstage (which is great for movies and gaming). The Pros have slightly more clamping force but at that price point it is probably one of the best buys.

Also, Sennheiser HD 598 is also really good for the money. I haven't used them before but I heard that they are really good for the 170$ price tag. They are roughly the same price as the DT 990 pros, so it is up to you which one you want.