Razer Seirēn professional "studio grade" Microphone

This thread reminds me of this.

Cheap Audio-Technica mic

Oh god hahahahha yea...

That's how i feel about audiophiles as well

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Razer today announced a "studio grade" microphone for $179 or $229 for the bundle.

"The Razer Seirēn is a versatile multi-pattern USB digital microphone with the recording capabilities of a professional-grade studio setup all in a single plug and play device."

It has a nice design, but I don't see the appeal with the Blue Yeti available for around $100.

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-audio/razer-seiren?src=pgm.95436500&utm_source=RazerStore&utm_campaign=RazerSeiren&utm_medium=edm_US

Does the blue yeti come with a shock mount though? That's the deal with the Razer mic. Also you can partner with them and easily get one of these things. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Does the blue yeti come with a shock mount though? That's the deal with the Razer mic. Also you can partner with them and easily get one of these things.

The shock mount and pop filter for the Seirēn are sold separately. They cost 230 dollars (for both).

The shock mount and pop filter for the Seirēn are sold separately. They cost 230 dollars (for both).

That also includes the microphone.

That also includes the microphone.

Ah I see. An extra 50 dollars is a pretty good price for that actually.

Now we just need to see how it sounds compared to other ~200 dollar microphones.

I'm still using the mic on my MS lifechat3000,  no one ever complains they can't hear me or there is horrible buzz or anything like that.  Just sayin'

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Pewdds will get it, I don't watch him, but he'll probably get paid to use it.

Yeh i wondered about that, i saw him using a Razer Kraken headset and though PAID

Why else would anyone wear that headset...

CPU: Intel I5-4690k (stock) Motherboard: Asus B85 Pro gamer RAM: 2x4 - GB Avexir kit (xmp is not enabled) GPU: XFX R9 280X DD Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, WD 250GB PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750w Monitor: BenQ RL2455HM Cooling: 200mm front intake, 200mm top exhaust, 200mm rear exhaust Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Core Sound: Kingston HyperX Clouds and Logitech Speakers Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Again, the Apple of gaming proving its own existence. 

Except I have never had an Apple product break/fail. Unlike Razer.

Astro and turtle beach are not jokes! And beats is not a joke either!

Jokes are funny, astro and turtle beach just suck.

*Apply ice to burn

My friend uses an AT2020, it's pretty awesome for what it is. My other friend uses a Samson Mic with both XLR and USB inputs, and it's what we've podcasted with for a good year or so.

I use a fucking Snowball and it's bloody awesome for the price I paid for it.

The only reason I'd want the Seiren is for the green backlight, and I'd rather spend that money on a good headset/pair of headphones or on mental treatment or on 10 kinds of whiskey and bourbon that will be drunken and offered to anyone on the forum who also questions why Razer is doing this (Going into way more product categories than it should be) as opposed to improving their product line the way Steelseries is.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Cheap Audio-Technica mic

THIS. SO MUCH THIS.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Cheap Audio-Technica mic

does anyone know the name of the mic he is using? I'm not so picky about what other people hear when I talk on ts or cs:go, and 10 dollars seems to be a good price :)

-snip-

on 10 kinds of whiskey and bourbon that will be drunken and offered to anyone on the forum who also questions why Razer is doing this (Going into way more product categories than it should be) as opposed to improving their product line the way Steelseries is.

I'll disagree. SteelSeries is becoming more like razer by the day. The only good new product they have is the rival. They also abandoned their awesome line of mousepads.

I'll disagree. SteelSeries is becoming more like razer by the day. The only good new product they have is the rival. They also abandoned their awesome line of mousepads.

While I do disagree with your disagreement (Steelseries has far different problems from razer. Problems nonetheless, but not the same kind), I can at least vouch that they aren't putting there money in product lines that they really shouldn't be getting into. I get the problems that come with consistent rehashes or rebrands of what are the same headsets, but they don't claim to be the best in everything they do while also trying to branch out into market segments that they really shouldn't be entering (Every single thing they've done has been gamer and e-sports centric. Razer's doing way too much).

...every single thing they've (Steelseries) done has been gamer and e-sports centric. Razer's doing way too much.

But aren't Razer's products (with the exception of the Nabu) still aimed at gamers?

A microphone is a tool regularly used with video games regardless if it's competitive or casual. Razer's aiming the Seiren at gamers who stream - at least in my perspective.

They're making the mic accessible to new and established streamers through their sponsorship program and in turn exposes the brand to even more gamers/enthusiasts.

When you think about it, they've created a product that's actually more marketing tool than mic, but they're still selling a videogame-related product to gamers.

Now if Razer made a toaster, I'd be pretty weirded out.

PS: please don't get me wrong - not trying to start a war here - this is just for the sake of discussion

PPS: I'm still still kinda new here... please don't hurt me

Now if Razer made a toaster, I'd be pretty weirded out.

I am actually part of the razer toaster facebook group

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Cheap Audio-Technica mic

people hardly ever buy something because they need it. 

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

price over 9000?

i will never admit the price is ok.

never............

ever....

hitler did nothing wrong