Razer Seirēn professional "studio grade" Microphone

I have the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, with the AT ATR200 on a Rode PSA1 arm. Sure it needs to point at you, but with the arm it's extremely hard to see on my webcam due to positioning. It's also rare to hear the clicking and typing, Unless I play something like Diablo. In which case it's click or die :P

Fantastic little budget combo that punches well above it's price. On some blind sound tests it's there with the Heil PR40.

That is a very expensive interface though which for most people is completely overkill (though I know from experiance they kick ass)

I have been looking into the PSA1 mic stand, definately on my to buy list, my mic stand gets in the way :D

Though I have my heart set on an electro voice re320, the vocals on them sound SO lovely (total biscuit uses the older re20)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Basically from what I can see from the documentation it's a Razer branded and styled blue yeti that's nearly the price of a yeti pro.

Can I use this for teamspeak?

Yep, why not?

Pewdds will get it, I don't watch him, but he'll probably get paid to use it.

It would be a significant downgrade from what he uses at least from what I've seen.

Audio Technica?! Excuse me while I go vomit... Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, and maybe Turtle Beach are the top audio companies period.

There actually a decent brand, unlike the mentioned turtle beach.

Rode is the best company when it comes to mics... I love my Rode NT 1. Also Turtle Beach is a joke. Just like Astro is.

Rode is great. I've used a number of their video mic's.

OMG I think I'm in love. With the girl, not with the mic.

She needs to simmer down a bit. Way way too much energy. I kinda wanted to poke her with something sharp to see if she'd pop like a balloon.

I don't like it for 2 main reasons. First, it's a giant razer ad, with a huge logo on the side that faces away from you. Second, no standard mic stand thread unless you pick up there shock mount. Same with the pop filter, cause the stand is huge. Even Blue has at least a thread, even if there mics are stupid to use with them.

Edit - The logo glows... F**k you razer. and that quality.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

I kinda like the fact that it's razer. Where I live it's soooo hard to get Blue products and the AT products are even more overpriced than Razer so.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

That is a very expensive interface though which for most people is completely overkill (though I know from experiance they kick ass)

I have been looking into the PSA1 mic stand, definately on my to buy list, my mic stand gets in the way :D

Though I have my heart set on an electro voice re320, the vocals on them sound SO lovely (total biscuit uses the older re20)

You can always get the 2i2 interface, same Pre-amps as the 2i4, just 2 less outputs. Also it's a super cheap interface as far as things go really.

As for the EV mics, I prefer the sound of the Shure SM7B, and Heil PR 40 over the EV RE20 and 320 myself.

The Rode mic stand is built like a tank. I'm glad I got it as it'll last longer than most mics and interfaces :D

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

I don't like it for 2 main reasons. First, it's a giant razer ad, with a huge logo on the side that faces away from you. Second, no standard mic stand thread unless you pick up there shock mount. Same with the pop filter, cause the stand is huge. Even Blue has at least a thread, even if there mics are stupid to use with them.

Edit - The logo glows... F**k you razer. and that quality.

It looks to ha email nearly the exact same shock mount as the yeti to me.

You can always get the 2i2 interface, same Pre-amps as the 2i4, just 2 less outputs. Also it's a super cheap interface as far as things go really.

As for the EV mics, I prefer the sound of the Shure SM7B, and Heil PR 40 over the EV RE20 and 320 myself.

The Rode mic stand is built like a tank. I'm glad I got it as it'll last longer than most mics and interfaces :D

Oh ok interesting, was not aware of the cheaper version, might be what I end up getting when I spring for a new mic

I guess sound is very subjective, they are all great though :P

Cool I will probably order that rode stand then, its not that expensive either

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I kinda like the fact that it's razer. Where I live it's soooo hard to get Blue products and the AT products are even more overpriced than Razer so.

I agree. We're on the same boat. I'm kinda hoping that it doesn't suck too much.

I can definitely see this getting a lot of traction with the YT/Twitch community with that Razer Sponsorship thing they have, regardless of the sound quality.

Oh ok interesting, was not aware of the cheaper version, might be what I end up getting when I spring for a new mic

I guess sound is very subjective, they are all great though :P

Cool I will probably order that rode stand then, its not that expensive either

Do go through this site for mics, and interfaces

http://recordinghacks.com/2011/06/02/ultimate-podcast-mic-shootout/

They do lots of tests, and allow you to even download the pure Wav files to have a listen yourself. They do the same for audio interfaces to find the right match for a mic with decent pre-amps and phantom power.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Do go through this site for mics, and interfaces

http://recordinghacks.com/2011/06/02/ultimate-podcast-mic-shootout/

They do lots of tests, and allow you to even download the pure Wav files to have a listen yourself. They do the same for audio interfaces to find the right match for a mic with decent pre-amps and phantom power.

Thanks thats really useful will continue doing my research

It looks to ha email nearly the exact same shock mount as the yeti to me.

The yeti mount has more holes that one could use for pop filter mounting Otherwise yes near Identical to a blackout version of the "The Ringer" Shockmount

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

The yeti mount has more holes that one could use for pop filter mounting Otherwise yes near Identical to a blackout version of the "The Ringer" Shockmount

The rest of the mic seems rather close as well bit instead of analog controls there are digital ones.

If it's 3.1 there might be a slim shot it's good, but I'm not holding my breath.

Why would it need to be 3.1, Microphones will work fine on USB 1.1

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Actually, probably not for a number of reasons depending on how certain things were implemented. But yea doesn't need anything more than usb 2.0.

Actually, probably not for a number of reasons depending on how certain things were implemented. But yea doesn't need anything more than usb 2.0.

Infact , 680 mbps (Or whatever USB 2.0) Would require an absolutley insane amount of CPU power.

Most mics are max 44.1 Khz

Infact , 680 mbps (Or whatever USB 2.0) Would require an absolutley insane amount of CPU power.

Most mics are max 44.1 Khz

Its 480 and with overhead it's roughly 30MB/s.

Thing is its not just about transfer rate. Actually that's not ever usb' main purpose because the whole serial bus thing. It depends how the mic was done and if it's a native usb audio device etc. Also max power deliverable via 1.1 is far lower if following spec.

Bit rate.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Bit rate.

How much bitrate do you think microphones need...

And if your answer is More bitrate = better

USB 2.0 has enough bandwidth for UHD 60fps footage at a very high quality setting, Let alone Audio.

Also More bitrate means the Law of diminishing returns hits it hard.

mic sounds like crap.

-case closed.

Looks like the most bulkiest thing ever. 

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/