Razer Seirēn professional "studio grade" Microphone

Not sure why I see posts dogging on Sennheiser microphones. Their selection is limited (due to the acquisition of Neumann) but their shotgun mics are pretty much industry standards.

and as many others have already said, the Blue Yeti would be a much better buy as a USB microphone. 

What's wrong with AT mics? The AT2020 is a great mic!

If all you do with it is speak over Skype/Ventrilo/TS/etc... Try making music on the thing.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Agreed, a whole bunch of YouTubers use it. It might not be the best thing for recording singing, but it's pretty damn good. I know Rooster Teeth and Tek Syndicate use it.

I'll keep to my At2020 and xlr mic's tyvm 

Agreed, a whole bunch of YouTubers use it. It might not be the best thing for recording singing, but it's pretty damn good. I know Rooster Teeth and Tek Syndicate use it.

USB one sucks for singing, XLR is actually pretty good after some touching up.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

so any reviews yet

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

I said I had to put someone up there with Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser, and the options were slim pickings. Beats, Bitfenix, Logitech, Turtle Beach, Astro, and Audio Tehnica are the only other major names. Who among these is actually worth much over the whole package from speakers, headphones/sets, and standalone mics? 

This is why you get a product that is worth for it.  A microphone that is meant for it and not an add on and a headphone that sounds great not a crappy mix of both......

.....also im an audiophile not gonna give this up.....

The Apple of PC...

Never disappoints me.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

"Studio" grade huh? I bet the studio I work in could shred that lie to shit.

Having experience with a lot of "studio grade" equipment, I would say give this thing a chance before you say something like that.

Yes it's Razer and they're not known for the best audio equipment, but I would hope people on this forum of all places would wait to see reviews and benchmarks of products before making immediate judgements about them.

Pretty sure Linus will have a video on it sooner or later.

Lol wtf condenser in a 230 dollar mic? Get your shit together razer

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

This is why you get a product that is worth for it.  A microphone that is meant for it and not an add on and a headphone that sounds great not a crappy mix of both......

.....also im an audiophile not gonna give this up.....

Headphones: Beyerdynamic and Sennheiser trade blows at the top.

Microphones: I'll stick with my headset or use an H4 for high-def recording. I've never used a standalone mic and see no reason to use one.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

almost laughed my ass off 

All it has going for it lol

677e8d3aa53707dd5af7ef75425baad4.png

Listen to it's quality here:

almost laughed my ass off 

That sounded like a very poor noise canceling headset microphone.

Audio Technica?! Excuse me while I go vomit... Sennheiser, Beyerdynamic, and maybe Turtle Beach are the top audio companies period.

Not for Microphones, I'll happily stick with a Shure SM7B, or Heil PR 40. Even Audio Technica are far better for microphones than Turtle Beach, and I doubt Razer will come close to the quality. It might get close on price to some professional microphones though.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Yup, my Audio Technica ATR200 has been shown to be a poor man's Heil PR40 on on blind tests. :)

If nothing else it looks really nice. Razer seems to have figured out product design quite nicely if nothing else.

Its really pretty, but its Razer and so far all of their audio products are over priced and lousy sounding, this seems no exception

If you want a multi pattern condenser get a blue yeti for half the price, if you want cheap condenser get the at2020, if you want a much better dynamic mic, get a Rode podcaster or procaster, or get a sure sm57 or electro voice re20 

its still pretty as fuck though (though maybe not the logo)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Its really pretty, but its Razer and so far all of their audio products are over priced and lousy sounding, this seems no exception

They had that one Sound Card ages ago that was actually very good. The Barracuda, I owned it and it was great. Pity they didn't keep up with drivers for a long time.

This Mic is joke for that price, there are so many better options. Even if you go Audio Interface and XLR mic for the same price.

They had that one Sound Card ages ago that was actually very good. The Barracuda, I owned it and it was great. Pity they didn't keep up with drivers for a long time.

This Mic is joke for that price, there are so many better options. Even if you go Audio Interface and XLR mic for the same price.

I bought a Behringer USB x302 mixer which has XLR and phantom power for £35, just plug in any xlr mic, sorted

The thing is I really dislike desktop mics especially for gamers who are typing and clicking and moving, also front address mikes take up tones of peripheral vision, I would prefer a mic that was horizontal front address so it takes up less visual space when gaming and on a  boom pole or something

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I bought a Behringer USB x302 mixer which has XLR and phantom power for £35, just plug in any xlr mic, sorted

The thing is I really dislike desktop mics especially for gamers who are typing and clicking and moving, also front address mikes take up tones of peripheral vision, I would prefer a mic that was horizontal front address so it takes up less visual space when gaming and on a  boom pole or something

I have the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, with the AT ATR200 on a Rode PSA1 arm. Sure it needs to point at you, but with the arm it's extremely hard to see on my webcam due to positioning. It's also rare to hear the clicking and typing, Unless I play something like Diablo. In which case it's click or die :P

Fantastic little budget combo that punches well above it's price. On some blind sound tests it's there with the Heil PR40.